Main Menu

X360 price cuts in Japan

Started by EOJ, August 31, 2008, 10:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1854216/
via neogaf.com forums

Price cuts in effect starting 9/11. Good news for those who want to buy a JP X360 for all the upcoming ports. Only 19,800yen for an Arcade model. Hopefully that will equate to no more than $250 at shops like play-asia. It's probably the new Jasper chipset too, which is cheaper to produce (hence the price drop) and far more reliable.  :righton:

Honestly, in terms of the quality of games, if you can buy only one of the 3 current systems you definitely need to get the X360. The Wii is total crap, and nothing good seems to be released on the PS3 anymore (not much on the horizon either, especially for shooting game fans).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

innerpattern

Great news!!! Especially since I'm about to pick one up!
Maybe this will help the installed user-base in Japan and get more of the niche games ported over. Could be swimming in shmups if it goes PS2/PSP style with re-releases. But now I'm daydreaming  :cool:

Kaede

Thanks for the news EOJ, fantastic stuff as I'm picking one up after Christmas.

EOJ

Play-asia.com is offering Arcade models for $269.99 now. Great price. A lot of people are complaining that they aren't selling them for like $200, but these people don't seem to realize PA has to import them, and they're heavy so they cost a lot to ship into Hong Kong.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

Three questions

1. Do these all have HDMI now
2. Is the PSU external, ie can I swap out for a 240V one and
3. If the arcade one has no HDD can I add on a UK one later?

Ast-Kot

An UE Hard Disk works but italian guys said to me that you have to buy a 300W converter to use 360 with the 220W. If you use a lower adapter the console after some play turn off ;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ