Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

EOJ

How did you get that second place score of 212mil with a max chain of 97??
My score archive

jpj

a glitch when you play on the 2P side   :mad:

i was worried it was gonna display as zero.  doesn't always happen, but sometimes does  :-\

Plasmo

Whoa, that's quite a huge score, congrats!
I thought you would've stopped playing DOJ long ago and now this 500mill beast out of nothing, I totally didn't expect that.
And just another reason to play DOJ again... ;)

Btw, are you able to chain stage 4 now??

jpj

i've really rekindled my love for street fighter 2, and haven't played shooters for a long time.  i bought pang's ssf2x board in august last year, and looking at the credits counter on the back, i've played about 900 credits on it so far  :o and that doesn't count me playing the emulated version online with ggpo, which i usually clock up about 5-6 hours a week on (or about 100 credits)  :oogle:  hence the new avatar and stuff on shmups (i should change it here as well actually)

but prom playing, and all the discussion recently has really perked my interest, and i've been playing for the last couple of days since i swapped the batteries on all my pgm boards.

i've been able to chain stage 5 (although not always that reliably) for a while, just never in an actual run ..  :whyioughtta: so i shoulda hit this score ages ago

if i just had a regular doj board, i'd give up at this point.  starting loop 2 with 1 life is just ridiculous.  but i'm really motivated now to try and get a new score on black label as well, and definitely learn stage 4!  i can get about 600 hits from the start, but chaining into and through the section wih the diagonal platforms is beyond me.  i activate a hyper towards the end (and get about 100+ hits), and get about 400 or so before the big 1up turret.  i can chain the final section somewhat reliably now as well, for 3 or 4 hundred hits.  if i can learn those two sections, i could maybe do it ......

and i was wrong before, i think i was on 190+ before the stage 4 boss, and had about 5000 hits, so i probably started stage 5 on 205m or so.  so you were right  ;) 

and my heart was beating like a motherfucker!

PROMETHEUS

nice job jpj ~!~!

western DOJ players can chain!

CRI

3. CRI - 263,275,360 - A-E - 2-1 - 1947

broken combo with a stupide death at the beginning of stage 5.
after that i chained through the 3 midbosses and lost my chain again after the 2nd bee past the 3rd midboss.
yeah could have been more but i'm happy that i got my sonic boom back at this game.

i know it maybe not worth to watch but i will make a rec. of this run.
just to try out if it works with my new dvd recorder.

CRI

for the people who don't look at the shmups doj score thread.
here is the replay of my 263 mill run:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GORSPKG1

jpj

it's always good to watch other people's style of play  :)
unfortunately to watch .avi files i have to burn them to CD-R and watch on my dvd player, and i'm all out at the moment  :-\  hopefully someone else can watch and provide comment  :)

EOJ

Quote from: jpj on April 19, 2009, 06:02:28 PM
unfortunately to watch .avi files i have to burn them to CD-R and watch on my dvd player, and i'm all out at the moment  :-\  hopefully someone else can watch and provide comment  :)

Really? I've never heard of a computer that can't play avi files.  ???
My score archive

jpj

you've never seen me with a computer  =D  (i get sound, but no picture)

i had to get my g/f to help me setup GGPO on my laptop :-[

EOJ

Well all I can say is download VLC player. Click on the install, and you'll be able to watch just about anything quickly and easily. :righton:
My score archive

CRI

i was just wanna reply with the same tip.
had the same problems with having only sound but no picuture.
but after i install VLC everything work fine. :righton:

PROMETHEUS

posting my score from shmups.com

PROMETHEUS - 449,353,550 - B-E - 1-5 - 2865

EOJ

If someone wants to open a new thread for this, feel free. Jpj won't be updating any score threads here.
My score archive

THE SHMUPER

Time to show my shitty score on DOJ:

64,921,430 - B-E - 5-1 - 1078

Waiting for new thread