Main Menu

Opinions Requested

Started by Joe T., September 13, 2008, 07:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kernow

Looks like my plans to get a ketsui might be out the window, both fujita and ECL want close to ?600 all in, I can't really do that.

Back to looking at other boards then! thanks for your opinions relating to the others! :)

EOJ

@markedkiller78:

Fujita's Kit prices:

Deathsmiles - 100,000
Deathsmiles MBL - 228,000
DDP DFK - 190,000 (quite a ripoff, even Gfront has them for 168,000. A used kit sold for 120,000 on YAJ the other day as well)
IKBL - 98,000
MFBL - 135,000
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

markedkiller78

Quote from: kernow on September 18, 2008, 05:28:36 AM
Looks like my plans to get a ketsui might be out the window, both fujita and ECL want close to ?600 all in, I can't really do that.

Back to looking at other boards then! thanks for your opinions relating to the others! :)

@ Kernow: Believe it or not, but Ketsui normally sells for more in the East.

The change in exchange rate is having a big impact on importing stuff. You might still get a bare Ketsui <?500 if you keep an eye out. If you stayed about 400 miles more Northerly then you could try them all out up here :)

EOJ?s MF1.5 is a decent price ;) It would make a very nice 30th birthday present

@EOJ: Many thanks. That DFK is a total rip off. There was a complete DFK with poster that went for ?750 at Arcade Otaku, I thought about it, but this has got to be a sub ?500 game soon enough. (Super Pang?s > Richy13>someone new)

I?ve been trying to deal with Zak over at shmups for DOJ & IBK, but he says he?s been offered the full price of IBK ?550 & DOJ ?450. Neither are worth that to me right now, though I do want them both even though I don?t have time to play them.

It?s seems that Legend are better than Fujita just now:

IBK $880 / $1000? With poster
MFBL $1195?

Which is a bit of a joke as Joey?s boards always have Fujita stickers on them lol. There?s also some cheap(er) IBK?s on YHJ at the minute. I?ll get one soon enough.

Sorry for going so OT :)

kernow

I'm just not so sure about the mushi games, I've watched a lot of videos and played the sub par PS2 port of the 1st, but I likes me traditional shooters per se with the ships blowing crap up. I'm gonna put a few wanted posts around but yeah the most I could probably afford is ?550 shipped, I can't see myself getting one for that though, but I can try! :)

I've been offered guwange and dangun feveron on another forum but for ?300 and ?195 accordingly, I dunno. I quite like feveron, its stupid enough to be fun. Seems a little pricy though.

*goes to check price thread*

if only a man could be happy with what he has.  :rolleyes: I guess more research is needed, oh well ,thats part of the fun :)

markedkiller78

Quote from: kernow on September 18, 2008, 06:06:21 AM
I'm just not so sure about the mushi games, I've watched a lot of videos and played the sub par PS2 port of the 1st, but I likes me traditional shooters per se with the ships blowing crap up. I'm gonna put a few wanted posts around but yeah the most I could probably afford is ?550 shipped, I can't see myself getting one for that though, but I can try! :)

I've been offered guwange and dangun feveron on another forum but for ?300 and ?195 accordingly, I dunno. I quite like feveron, its stupid enough to be fun. Seems a little pricy though.

*goes to check price thread*

if only a man could be happy with what he has.  :rolleyes: I guess more research is needed, oh well ,thats part of the fun :)

I was exactly the same. I?ll go as far as to say I hate Mushi Sama. I had for a few months & got shot. It?s the only cave game I have no regrets in selling. It?s just not my thing.

Futari is not the same game at all. If you ignore the dragons, women, flying jelly fish, dinosaurs (which I think are pretty crap) the game it?s self is amazing.

I just sold Guwange for $600 on Monday. It?s a great game, but I don?t play it nearly often enough & it?s in demand. I don?t know if it?s ?worth? ?300, but that?s certainly the price. It a stonking game, but I?m leaning toward new cave at the minute. It?s certainly worth buying & one of their best. What I don?t like about it (and any other shmups) is the scenery blocking your path. That really messes with me.

I also have a feveron board sitting doing nothing, but anything Sub ?300 I don?t really see the point in selling just now. Dangun Feveron is probably around ?190 just now. It?s always been much more expensive than SOS and it?s not that easy to find. If it were between Feveron & Guwange then there is no contest.

I will be selling MF1.5 as soon as I can clear it, but unless your birthday is months away I can?t help :)

kernow

I know what you mean about the scenery in guwange, hah, I like the game but my lack of japanese skills means I'd never be able to play for hiscores on it.

"If it were between Feveron & Guwange then there is no contest."

Sorry, I don't know which one you mean would be a better choice. hehe.

its a pity theres not much media on futari floating about the net apart from a few crap youtube videos I can find.

I'll just keep looking for now I guess, no big rush like that.

markedkiller78

I don?t think the superplays of futari do it justice. It?s the feeling you get when you hit a massive multiplier or cancel a screen full of bullets. I don?t normally click with new cave that quickly, but as soon as I played Maniac I knew this was a belter.

You are right not to rush into buying any of them. If you don?t like whatever game you go for you should be able to shift it on quick, unless you pay well over the odds (or buy Pink Sweets :) )

Did you clear Esp Rade or just tire of it?

kernow

Nah definitely didn't clear it, just needed money to try get ketsui but I failed :)

I think I could get to stage 4 or so, I just didn't gel with the scoring system that much and I thought 'well if I'm going to play that or espgaluda it'd probably be espgaluda every time' so I thought why not offload it. its actually the 2nd one I've owned but the first was dead on arrival. bah

I'll pick it up again in future one day, I think I was just neglecting it pretty much really.

markedkiller78

I?m still working on the clear. I can get Ms Garra every time, but the number of lives/bombs varies. I can generally get to the final form & ?-2/3 of her energy. I normally choke though :?

I?m hoping the time I?ve taken on playing other things will have helped. My big problem is not bombing, but with Futari & DS I?m a bombing machine. Hopefully this element will carry over. If I just bombed I'd have been clear ages ago

Failing that I?m resorting to save states & practicing Level 4/5/Boss I?ve avoided them all this time, so I?m hoping not to need to MAME it :(

I'll try to stop being so OT, but I've got no work to do & this is the only forum I can acess, not to mention I only play Cave games now

kernow

haha, don't worry I find your opinions interesting, always good to get another persons view.

I just saw the dinosaur boss in futari, hmm. haha

markedkiller78

Quote from: kernow on September 18, 2008, 07:29:42 AM
haha, don't worry I find your opinions interesting, always good to get another persons view.

I just saw the dinosaur boss in futari, hmm. haha

Cheers Kern, it's not even your thread  >:D

What I noticed about Futari was how little you actually notice the Dinosaur Boss. I was also blissfully unaware that the screen was scrolling down rather than up. You are well aware of the second level boss though & he is one ugly Jelly fish thing with 2 crap looking tenticles.

In all honesty I think Futari has some of the poorest graphics in a cave game, sama being the worst. For some reason though they suit the scoring / play system.

I honestly don?t think Futari would be as good a game if the play mechanics were merged with DDP/ Ketsui graphics, but then again you never know :)

I think you just need to embrace the cutesy / loli themes & run with it. Death Smiles is another game were the graphics perfectly suit the mechanics.

MMP is a weird one. It?s militaristic in everyway apart from the Pig women on bikes.

I think it all adds to the charm other wise there would be very little to differentiate newer cave games. We have DFK & Ibara / IBK for old school ships

kernow

Thread hijacking at its finest. oops!  :-X :)

battle gregor

if i was you kern i'd just keep teh 2 pachis and galuda and try get better at them.. no sense buying loads of cave stuffs when you haven't scratched the surface of what you got already. of couse a lot of collectors don't adhere to these rules but they got loads of spare money to throw around.  if i was a baller i'd buy all of the boards i could but unfortuanetely i'm a broke arse so just stick to what i need  . the only problem is all the new people paying silly prices for this shiz.. i sold off loads of gear and most of them are already fetching ?50+ more than i sold em for a few months back no way i could afford to buy that stuff back now  :(

kernow

hehe, I hear you man, its not good to get a load of stuff in as it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

however I sold a shiteload of stuff I don't play and now I have a big load of money burning a hole in me pocket. I've looked at new TV's, amplifiers etc but theres nothing that takes my fancy. I guess coming close to 30 next month I just want one more shot at irresponsibility or something.

markedkiller78

I'm falling into that collector catogry. I just can?t help myself at times & I only really sell up when the game is crap (mushi) or folks go crazy (Guwange)

Just wait till this credit crunch properly bites. Folks will be selling their grannies to buy petrol / food, that?s the time to strike.

I really need to sell some stuff. I think DS will be the first to go when I either hit 200m or in 2 weeks time. Fancy DS for your 30th Kern :)

Charlie you still on for next weekend?

battle gregor

if you got the money burning a hole in your pocket kern then deffo get a pcb  :righton: better than spending it on booze  :P
then when your fed up of the pcb sell it and you can still spend it on booze  :laugh: i do like ketsui cos it gives me the same overwhelming feeling i get from d.o.j but without the poxy chaining system so i would actually be able to compete scoring wise..
Quote from: markedkiller78 on September 18, 2008, 09:51:37 AM

Charlie you still on for next weekend?

yes  deffo!! lets see if i can 1cc d.s in an afternoon

markedkiller78

You will be able to mate.

Since I unlocked Foletta & Rosa the game is so easy to clear, providing you don't activate suicide bullets.

kernow

heh, thanks guys.

haha poxy chaning system, oh you couldn't be more right on that one. :)

jpj

not sure why everyone finds chaining difficult...   :P

battle gregor

i quite like chaining in ddp but for some reason i just cant do any good chains in d.o.j .think my best chain is just over 500 on the end of level  2 and thats using a hyper..  i should watch the dvd or summat mebbes that will give us some pointers..

jpj

:laugh:  i'm the opposite, find it much easier in doj with the hypers and what not.  best chain is about 2000, but stage 5 has the very tricky beehive section, and stage 4 is ... well ...

markedkiller78

Yay, just to continue with the OT  >:D I snagged a DOJ pcb.

Let's see what all this hyper talk is all aboot

kernow

Sycada

Quote from: EOJ on September 18, 2008, 05:29:01 AM
DDP DFK - 190,000 (quite a ripoff, even Gfront has them for 168,000. A used kit sold for 120,000 on YAJ the other day as well)

Jesus! 120,000 I could actually afford that right now... :o must not watch the auctions.... just bought galuda 2......   :-[

jpj

Quote from: markedkiller78 on September 19, 2008, 03:36:17 AM
Yay, just to continue with the OT  >:D I snagged a DOJ pcb.

Let's see what all this hyper talk is all aboot

nice one mate   :righton:

Joe T.

MMP arrived today.  Very interesting.  I'm not good at timing out the lard attack yet.  It's a fun game though for sure!

markedkiller78

Quote from: Joe T. on September 20, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
MMP arrived today.  Very interesting.  I'm not good at timing out the lard attack yet.  It's a fun game though for sure!

awsome news Joe. Hope you like it as much as I do
;0)

jaycm1

Quote from: Joe T. on September 20, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
[/quote
once you get over the cuteness it really is a great game  =D