Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPang

Shamelessly pinched off shmups

From an IKD interview on Caves blog

QuoteQ  今後やりたいことは?

A  ケツイ2
ここからしばし、理想の未来図の二人の妄想がしばらく続いたので
カットします(笑)

I was hoping this would happen as soon as the new DDP was confirmed!

drboom

Damn straight they better want to make it. All his hype for Ketsui over an XBox and DS game with no new arcade game? Just doesn't feel right. I'll go on record saying I will most likely buy this at release, even if its filled with lolis.

MX7

I'm surprised this hasn't been tossed around earlier. If Cave do upgrade to new hardware for the next release, then it'll be a super slinky with not much slowdown like Ketsui that'll really show the power of the hardware, and be in keeping with the feel of the original.

markedkiller78

But will they ?dumb? it down this time? DFK auto bomb style? It would suit me, as I suck  :P

The way the economy is just now I?d have to start saving now to buy in 2012.

SuperPang

Quote from: drboom on October 24, 2008, 08:31:22 AM
I'll go on record saying I will most likely buy this at release, even if its filled with lolis.
Looks at XE

144 JPY / 1 GBP

Eeep.  :'( That would have to go up first.

markedkiller78

Quote from: SuperPang on October 24, 2008, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: drboom on October 24, 2008, 08:31:22 AM
I'll go on record saying I will most likely buy this at release, even if its filled with lolis.
Looks at XE

144 JPY / 1 GBP

Eeep.  :'( That would have to go up first.

Aye, tell me about it. My JPY spending went 245>225>215>195>eeeeeepppp!

I should have bought your old DFK for ?750 2 months ago :(

SuperPang

On a new kit its over ?450 more than a year ago  :o

adverse

Although vague, it seems like the Deathsmiles blog may be hinting at a Ketsui 2 announcement next week:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

FrederikJurk

I really, REALLY wonder how a Ketsui 2 would look, feel and sound, because I somehow doubt that Cave will go back to the "gritty" theme - even DDP:DFK is a surprisingly upbeat game compared to the almost depressing DOJ. I?m not saying that this is a bad thing per se (DOJ somehow left me completely cold compared to how much I enjoy the original DDP), I?m just very curious how it will turn out  ;) I just hope that it will have just as intense bossfights as the original. And I wonder how they will expand the scoring. And yeah, it?s just a rumor right now, but the game is so heavily talked about recently (at least on shmups.com, where it finally seems to have surpassed Radiant Silvergun as the "holy grail") that it would make perfect sense.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on October 30, 2008, 09:05:50 PM
Although vague, it seems like the Deathsmiles blog may be hinting at a Ketsui 2 announcement next week:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

I think that's reading a bit too much into it. It could be an announcement for any game (or even something more trivial).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999