Main Menu

Nintendo DSi

Started by EOJ, November 03, 2008, 04:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Anyone getting this? I'm interested in the slightly larger screens. Mihara got one and posted a screen of Ketsui DS on it:

Looks rather nice.

Comparison pic w/ the regular DS (from Game watch):

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

markedkiller78

It really depends on the pricing in this country. It really sucks that the DSi games are region locked too :(

I try not to, but I?ve had every iteration of GBA & the 2 DS models so far. I am nintendo?s bitch

jonny5

looks like the same shitty dpad tho.... :-\

charlienash87

the dpad on the original ds was so much better. the one on the dsi looks a bit tighter than the lite's, the gaps between the border on the dsi's dpad look much smaller.
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

gsl

I'm not going out of my way to import one especailly with the region lock, but I do believe I'll grab one when it hits stateside next year.  The lack of GBA port and the incompatability with flash carts means no DS homebrew, GBA games (could play them on my SP but the DS's screen is nicer) or Space Invaders Extreme.  It certainly won't entirely replace my DS.  I am interested to see what they'll do with the onboard storage and built-in browser.  If there were something like the Wii Shop set up for classic GB/GBC/GBA, or even old NES titles that might certainly make the thing a lot more attractive for me.  Right now, there's just not much information about it for me to consider the thing a must-have.  I was an early adopter both on the DS and the Wii and regret neither, but I had a pretty good idea at the time of what they might turn out to be.  With the DSi there are certainly some neat features, but my big question is, "Okay, now what are you planning to do with it?"

FrederikJurk

Quote from: charlienash87 on November 04, 2008, 04:10:57 AM
the dpad on the original ds was so much better. the one on the dsi looks a bit tighter than the lite's, the gaps between the border on the dsi's dpad look much smaller.

I read a hands-on about the DSi and the reviewer said that the new d-pad is "clicky" just like the fat DS one, which also means that it?s much more precise.

DS Lite-like screens but bigger + DS Fat quality d-pad? I, too, am Nintendos bitch. If only for playing Ketsui Death Label on it. God, I?m a sucker for handhelds...
Come on, Mihara, do some more handheld shump conversions so that I don?t feel completely retarded for shelling out cash for my third DS  ;)

Quote from: gsl on November 05, 2008, 12:43:27 AM
incompatability with flash carts means no DS homebrew

They already cracked that.  :whyioughtta:

gsl

Well, not at the time of my posting!  :P