Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moozooh

Yes, exactly.

Scoring system for X mode was rebalanced after the patch, so Exy scores can go higher than Shotia now. SIN's 353 billion A-S is probably the best replay, though, still.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Chacranajxy

Quote from: EOJ on January 20, 2011, 12:30:42 AM
What's with all the people claiming the game is blurry after the patch? See for example, this. Have they never played another non-HD Cave port in 480i or 720p? Look at E2 Arcade mode with smoothing off. Same deal as DDPDOJBLEX. 

I've played the game on my LCD (720p) and RGB monitor (480i), and both look much sharper after the patch, and perfectly in line with other Cave ports (non-HD graphic modes). It's really sharp on my LCD, without a hint of blurriness.

People just like complaining about this game, I guess. I'll hate to see them all freak out at the "blurriness" when they get MMP/PS.

Okay, I know you posted this a while back, but I still wanted to address this.

The 360 port of DOJ looks terrible.  Still.  It's maybe a hair better than it was before, but the game is nowhere near as sharp and clean as it should be.  Look at Ketsui or hell, DOJ on PS2.  Those games both look so much cleaner compared to DOJBLEX's Vaseline-smeared mess.  It really has nothing to do with the game not having an HD graphic mode, it's that it still looks like it was run through a shitty filter.  I've tried DOJBLEX and the PS2 port on my plasma and my LCD monitor (using an XRGB-3 with the PS2), and the difference was pretty remarkable in both cases.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Special World

Quote from: EOJ on April 08, 2011, 03:10:35 PM
Must be something wrong with your TV. Or your eyes.

It's the Bubbles avatar that makes this post really great.

Chacranajxy

Quote from: Special World on April 08, 2011, 03:14:47 PM
Quote from: EOJ on April 08, 2011, 03:10:35 PM
Must be something wrong with your TV. Or your eyes.

It's the Bubbles avatar that makes this post really great.

Definitely makes it hurt much more :(

But no, seriously, there's nothing wrong with the displays I'm using.  And my eyes are just great.

Agree to disagree, I guess :-/

EOJ

PS2 DOJ is going to look better because it's clean 240p. For me the X360 version really does look the same, in terms of graphic clarity, as all the other lo res ports on the X360 (Ketsui with Nearest Neighbor, MMP/PS, etc). They look the same on my LCD in progressive scan, and in my RGB monitor in 480i.

Even if you think it doesn't look quite as good as the other X360 ports, calling it "terrible" is a bit extreme, I'd say.
My score archive

Chempop

By next week I'll have both versions playable side by side on exactly the same model CRT via s-video.  I'm curious if I'll notice any differences between the two ports, I've heard so many people talk shit about the 360 port.  Anyway, looking forward to that boss rush mode in the PS2 port.

skykid

Quote from: moozooh on April 07, 2011, 07:57:20 AM
Yes, exactly.

Scoring system for X mode was rebalanced after the patch, so Exy scores can go higher than Shotia now. SIN's 353 billion A-S is probably the best replay, though, still.

Sorry to bump this, just wondering if anyone knows the details of exactly how the patch affected the scoring in this game? I understand the ceiling was raised for Exy, as mentioned about, but how about the other characters. And what is it that makes the higher score possible compared to previously?

I'm playing X-mode lots at the moment, and I'm just curious as to how it was before (as I didn't play it pre-patch.)

Thanks for the info.  :righton:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

moozooh

IIRC, previously each character had a different chain hit quotient per canceled bullet, which went S > L > E > H. Now it's the same for all characters, however, hyper length (important!) and the amount of hyper items you need for the hyper to start canceling bullets is still different. So now the scoring breakdown is L > E > A-S > H > B-S (shot too wide = enemies dead too soon = less bullets canceled), and the scores have approached 500 billion last I checked. Cloverdac has probably made it already.

You should see the trick SIN and others have been using at the end of stage 5, it's pretty hilarious. I won't spoil it to you so you could see for yourself. :)

skykid

Quote from: moozooh on June 07, 2011, 12:34:57 PM
IIRC, previously each character had a different chain hit quotient per canceled bullet, which went S > L > E > H. Now it's the same for all characters, however, hyper length (important!) and the amount of hyper items you need for the hyper to start canceling bullets is still different. So now the scoring breakdown is L > E > A-S > H > B-S (shot too wide = enemies dead too soon = less bullets canceled), and the scores have approached 500 billion last I checked. Cloverdac has probably made it already.

You should see the trick SIN and others have been using at the end of stage 5, it's pretty hilarious. I won't spoil it to you so you could see for yourself. :)

Thanks for this Moozooh, that's really helpful and exactly what I was after. Been playing it quite frequently of late and I managed 75bil with Leinyan today - some way off that dizzying SIN score. I seem to always get the TLB to within an inch of his energy but that last pattern is a bitch.  :P

Which is the replay I'm looking for for the stg5 trick, I'm guessing it will be sitting at the top of the online leaderboards?
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

moozooh

Yeah, every replay I've seen scoring over 350 million so far has used it. Watch the current top A-L replay by Cloverdac to be sure.

Btw, it seems that somebody is playing WL for a really good score. The A-L record was improved to 1.4 billion just yesterday.

supabok

Quote from: moozooh on June 07, 2011, 09:47:47 PM
Btw, it seems that somebody is playing WL for a really good score. The A-L record was improved to 1.4 billion just yesterday.
i hope that's X-mode only ;)

moozooh

...No, that's White Label. As I said.

Or I don't understand what you mean.

Let_It_Be

I can't wait for this to arrive in the mail, and then proceed to have my ass handed to me.

supabok

Quote from: moozooh on June 08, 2011, 06:51:33 AM
...No, that's White Label. As I said.

Or I don't understand what you mean.
Sorry my bad! I was reading too many posts and confusing them!  :facepalm:

EOJ

I thought I'd bump this to share my story of 1CCing DOJBL. I had played the game only on and off for very short periods of time since its X360 release. Like 1-2 credits a month, if that. As I dislike the scoring system very much, I never had the motivation to dig in and go for a clear. This past weekend I finally said screw it, I can clear just about every other Cave game, I should be able to 1-ALL this sucker. It took me about 2 days of good practice, but I cleared it with B-Shot last night with about 67mil (I totally ignored chaining). Anyway, I will say the game is a wonderfully challenging and satisfying 1CC. One of the best games to 1CC just for the thrill of it, even if you ignore scoring.

Not sure if I'll try and 1-ALL WL too. Maybe some day later. Maybe not. I'm pretty DOJ'd out after this.

Also, there's a great 2.99bil 2-ALL replay with A-E up on the leaderboards, posted last month. Pretty nice alternative to the superplay DVD.
My score archive

drunkninja

So I've been giving this a go a bit more lately, but does anyone know why my game would seemingly randomly decide whether to apply the blurring filter or not post-patch?  It commonly goes away after I play a few games and let the game go into demo mode, but then it'll still reappear when I actually go to play the game.  I know it's not just my eyes, there's a pretty clear difference in picture quality on my monitor, but I can't seem to just get it to stick with the non-filtered picture.

EDIT: Tried deleting installed game from drive, creating new save, but yeah, same result.  Filtered picture when playing game, unfiltered picture in demo mode.

Blue_Rei

Just got this yesterday. I live going back to a bullet dodging Dodonpachi compared to resurrection. Keep getting an asskicking...but I wouldn't have it any other way...much to my roommates bewilderment. ^_^;