Author Topic: Yukinko Daisenpuu [Wii]  (Read 1359 times)

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Ultra Member
Yukinko Daisenpuu [Wii]
« on: December 21, 2007, 06:43:02 AM »
There are some impressions, photos, and a stage 1 youtube video of this action/shooting game in here:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/seiba_86/20071219/1198087640

The game looks okay, but actually a bit like a Super Famicom game with more sprites. Overall, it's pretty interesting (or amazing?) that such a game can still get a full retail release on a modern console. I may pick it up out of curiosity. The bad thing is it seems you need to swing the Wiimote around whenever you want to trigger a combo, and that can get old really fast.

Here's the official website, by the way:

http://www.s-f.co.jp/soft/wii/yuki/
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline hermosaguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
Yukinko Daisenpuu [Wii]
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:34:26 AM »
Hopefully it shapes up where you can use the Classic or Gamecube controller.  I tend to get frustrated at the games that force you to use the damn wiimote/nunchuck combo.  Its a gimmick that is starting to get quite old I feel.  :(

RyanDG

• Trade Count: (0)
Yukinko Daisenpuu [Wii]
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »
I'm hoping this one turns out a little better than Starfish's other Wii release...  I'm not sure how much I can appreciate one company raping my childhood memories of two fairly well respected arcade games.  ;)

I completely forgot that this was being released in December.  With UFO interactive bringing it stateside, I'm not sure if I want to wait for them (which could be a long wait) or go ahead and order it...

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Ultra Member
Yukinko Daisenpuu [Wii]
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »
I heard it's a pretty crappy game. So don't get your hopes up too high.
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999