Main Menu

Chicagoland Winter Carnival '09

Started by drboom, January 31, 2009, 08:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drboom

Hey, not sure if I should be posting this here, but I'll be hosting a shmupmeet here in Chicago, IL. Ther'll be a bunch of Cave titles, of course and all are invited. Hit me up via pm here, at shmups or via email at 'devilscoot' at yahoo.com. They'll be space to crash and lots to play and lots to do where I live - pretty lively part of town, right by Wrigley Field and the infamous punk rock district of Clark and Belmont.

All the details are in the thread of the same name over at shmups in the 'shmupmeet' section, but here's the main post:

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Chicagoland Winter Carnival '09   

After the Missouri Cave Matsuri, I wanted to host a shmup meet here in Chicago and I'm finally ready to set it up!

The shmupmeet will be taking place the weekend of February 28th, that Saturday. Those who are planning on coming in from out of town are more than welcome to stay with me overnight on either Friday night or Saturday night (or both). It helped alot getting to stay Friday and Saturday at gunbird18's place, so I'm extending the same offer here.

I'll be hosting this at my place, which is by the intersection of Belmont and Clark in Chicago, IL. Should be easy for most Chicagoland folk. I'll post the exact address once we get closer.

I want to also run a Summer Carnival '92 contest during the meet, playing both Recca and Alzadick for score (caravan modes only). I have yet to figure out how to weigh the scoring, but there will be some sort of prize for the winner.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending and if you have a supergun/pcb's/console games to bring, all the better!

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drboom

EOJ, come out - Hawaii's go to be boring you with its perfect weather, beaches, fresh seafood, bikinis, etc. Come on out, get you some sausage, some freezing-your-butt-off cold weather and one helluva long plane flight.  =D
Thanks - this should be fun.

drboom

Hudson will be contributing some free download codes for the winners of the contest - very cool!