Main Menu

Street Fighter 4 [X360, PS3]

Started by EOJ, February 18, 2009, 09:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Anyone bought this yet? Impressions, etc?

I ordered the PS3 version, and it should arrive next week. Sorta looking forward to it, as I haven't really enjoyed a fighter in like 10 years.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Shalashaska

I'm about to head out and pick it up (the one and only game I've ever pre-ordered from GS). If any of you guys that picked it up would like to slaughter me on PSN, I'm all for it.  =D

EOJ

I'll definitely be up for some PSN matches. My PSN name is EOJK.
My score archive

KOMA

I'm on Xbox360,my gamertag for now is Tugdaniels.

Shalashaska

Quote from: EOJ on February 18, 2009, 10:24:23 PM

Friend request sent.  :righton: Let us know when you guys pick the game up.

adverse

adversity1 for any Xbox players in Japan.

EOJ

Quote from: Shalashaska on February 22, 2009, 03:57:46 PM
Quote from: EOJ on February 18, 2009, 10:24:23 PM

Friend request sent.  :righton: Let us know when you guys pick the game up.

Added you as my friend.  :righton:

Just got it and I played 6 matches online, my first 6 matches ever. I won 5/6.  =D

I have to say this game is pretty incredible. My first impression is that this is the best fighting game since the 90s.
Everything feels just right. The music sucks though (at least on the USA version).
My score archive

EOJ

I sent some invites to Shalashaka but haven't been able to hookup in a match yet.

I'm loving this game. I like Chun Li, E.Honda, and Dictator the best so far, but I seem to perform the best with Dictator. I love when scrubs choose Ken thinking they'll blow me over, then I destroy them with Dictator.  =D Sagat gives my Dictator a good challenge though.

Too many fucking Kens online. It gets boring after awhile. I've faced a few guys who were experts with Claw, Boxer, and Rosa, and that was pretty awesome even though they kicked the crap out of me.

I've experienced little to no lag with the PS3 version, by the way. Solid as a rock.
My score archive

adverse

Nice, working on a Dictator huh?  He's my main as well.  Make sure to get jump MP x 1 or 2 into Ultra down.  Scrubs will be terrified to jump in.

Also get down his crouching chain: low jab, stand jab, low forward->MK scissors.

Currently working on my Rufus when I have time.  Really cool character with a horrible (lovable?) design.

Oh and...

Quote from: EOJ on February 26, 2009, 08:44:04 PM

I've faced a few guys who were experts with Claw, Boxer, and Rosa, and that was pretty awesome even though they kicked the crap out of me.

:laugh:

EOJ

Oh man. The Cave references fill my mind, and bleed through into talk about other games.

Of course I meant Rose, not Rosa.  ;)
My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on February 26, 2009, 10:11:23 PM
Nice, working on a Dictator huh?  He's my main as well.  Make sure to get jump MP x 1 or 2 into Ultra down.  Scrubs will be terrified to jump in.

Do you mean hit MP when they jump at me, or jump at them with MP into Ultra?
My score archive

adverse

Hit MP when they jump at you.  This will juggle them, and if you are charging since you left the ground, you'll be able to combo your Ultra.  Dictator's Ultra is so-so without this, since it's only use is in wake-ups or (rarely) footsie, so the juggle combo is really key.

EOJ

I do the wakeup ultra all the time, and it usually connects.

Thanks for the antiair juggle tip.  :righton:

I play with the Dualshock by the way (that's a big reason why I went for the PS3 version). I've never been able to play fighters with a joystick.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Quote from: EOJ on February 26, 2009, 08:44:04 PM
I sent some invites to Shalashaka but haven't been able to hookup in a match yet.
Yeah sorry about that. The night we were both online I think I was finishing up The Force Unleashed. I wanted to get it out of the way so that I could concentrate on SFIV (I'm one of those people that hate leaving things unfinished). I've only spent like an hour or so with SFIV but I think it's fantastic. I was a major SF fanboy back in my youth and this just brings the memories flooding back. Can you invite friends to matches? I kinda tinkered around online but didn't see that option. Or did you just send me an invite through the XMB?
Quote from: EOJ
I've experienced little to no lag with the PS3 version, by the way. Solid as a rock.
Hmmm...the few matches I played online were so full of lag I could barely do anything. :-\ Is your PS3 hardwired or wireless? Not sure what the problem is there but maybe my wireless is just spotty. I'll try a wired connection and see if it's better.

Anyway, I'll be on during the evenings this weekend. I'll go ahead and claim that I suck so if you guys are looking for a challenge you might want to invite someone else from your friends list. However, if you want to acquire that 100 (or whatever the number is) online wins trophy in record time, I'm your man!  =D

EOJ

You can send invites to friends in the game, in "player matches".

As for the connection, I am wired. I think the matches have been smoother when I host them, and smoother in Ranked matches compared to Player matches, but I'm not sure if that's just my connection or a universal thing.
My score archive

EOJ

I'm up to 1611 BP on the PS3 version's network rankings. How are you guys doing? Does the X360 version also use BP in its rankings?
My score archive

adverse

I've got 2000 BP.  But I haven't played ranked matches in a week or so.  I hate the format it uses where you can search for matches but then OOPS, if you can't connect to the opponent then you have to search all over again.  Awful.  Waiting for the championship mode patch to really go for BP.

EOJ

I only host ranked matches. If you do this, you never get dropped connections before the fight (I've never had one, at least).
My score archive

Shalashaska

Not sure how many of you guys are still playing this but anybody clear all the hard challenges? I've done 1 or 2 with pretty much everybody and completed Gief, Dictator, Seth, and.....somebody else (drawing a blank right now) but damn some of these are hard. I was stuck on Ken 4 for like 2 days then gave up to play RE5. Thinking of going back and trying to finish some more but anybody have some tips?

EOJ

I still play from time to time, but some of those challenges are too hard for me. I think I'd need to practice a lot and use a stick (I use the dualshock pad).
They seem to require incredibly precise timing.
My score archive

adverse

Shalashaska

Very interesting, thanks for the link Adverse. I'll have to try that out if I get some time to play this weekend.

KOMA

I play it since the release and 1 hour per day at least,i'm not that good but the game is very addictive and i force myself to put effort on it.
2500BP(or more) was my best shot and i'm currently at 1500 now,i need a break :/

Midnight Milkshake

I play it almost every day, if someone wants to play against my Blanka Mnight_Mshake is my PSN id