Monthly Competition #11 (March-April) - Muchi Muchi Pork! Harahara mode

Started by EOJ, March 01, 2009, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

MMP Harahara mode. Any character is fine.

Ranking:
1. 78,223,140 - EOJ - Stage 4 - Ikuo
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

wow, this is the type of cool competition choice that i would make!   =D

EOJ

Just gave it a few goes and got 15mil, which is sort of crap. I won't post a score until I beat my previous record of 37mil.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Wish I had the board.
I guess the ironic thing is if I did, you probably wouldn't, EOJ.

EOJ

Thought I'd break in my new MMP PCB, and I beat my Harahara record in the process

39,689,300 - EOJ - Stage 3 - Momo

For some reason the 1up didn't pop out of the midboss, so I lost a life there, and then I was 300,000 points away
from another extend.  :mad:

My score archive

EOJ

Pretty big improvement, but it could have been so much better had I not wasted 3 lives on the Stage 3 boss.

54,844,660 - EOJ - Stage 3 (Boss) - Ikuo

I got 7.5mil after the St1 midboss - if you time your lard attack just right, you'll convert all the bullets in the huge spread attack into 10K gold, for a much bigger possible score than in Normal mode.

Where are the rest of the scores? Anyone??
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Where are the rest of the scores? Anyone??

PCB in the mail.  Not sure if I'll have it in time.  Feel free to extend the competition by a month. :)

EOJ

@GP:

Nice. Did you get one of the new kits from Fujita?

Sure, I'll extend the comp a month. Play Harahara for awhile, and Normal mode is a breeze, even when scoring well (case in point: I got my 165mil Ikuo ALL on my first credit after playing Harahara for two days straight).
My score archive

GaijinPunch

yeah, ordered one from Fujita.  To good to pass up.  Didn't want to wait for a used one any cheaper.  And, new is always nice.  Need to dig up the unlock codes though. :)

EOJ

Mine came with both modes unlocked - I think Fujita unlocks everything for you now (they did this with their recent DS kits sold as well).

The PCB had that "new car" smell though, as did the box and all the art/inst. Plus it comes with the poster! You're right, it's too good of a deal to pass up. =D
My score archive

EOJ

Oh man, what a run! Beat my previous score by nearly 25mil:

78,223,140 - EOJ - Stage 4 - Ikuo

Nearly made it to the boss. The rank was pretty brutal throughout the second half of stage 4.

The quest for 100mil continues...
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I actually have one of the arcade posters here.  Need to scan it though.  Will sell it on to someone.  Guess that would officially lower the value of it though.  Looking forward to playing Hara Hara.  Is it substantially easier w/ Rafute?

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 23, 2009, 05:55:36 AM
  Is it substantially easier w/ Rafute?

I don't think so. In fact, I think it's harder with her.

Harahara is harder than MFBL God mode, so be prepared for a stiff challenge.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Okay, now I feel like a fuck face.  I've been playing Manpuku for 2 days. (Where's smiley where the guy punches himself in the balls). Please tell me Hara Hara is easier.

EOJ

Yeah, Harahara is a bit easier than Manpuku. Just hold 'down' on the title screen.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

You're on your own for a while, EOJ.  Let's just say I got some "fried pork" last night (and I'm a vegetarian).  Hopefully Fujita will replace/fix it.

EOJ

What happened? Did your board not power up, or did it fry while you were playing? :oogle:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Sizzled upon boot around day 5.  The red LCD would go in and out, and I smelled something foul.  Sent it back to Fujita.  Got DS:MBL to keep me company though.