Main Menu

Cave matsuri 12/30

Started by EOJ, December 22, 2007, 02:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

New info on this upcoming Cave festival has been posted:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200712/1/index.html

It seems you will need to get a numbered ticket to be able to buy the goods at the festival. You will also need a ticket to see the 'top event' portion of the festival.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Sperrfeuer

i got the info only 1 item on 1 person?! WTF?

Why does cave don't just make a onlinestore for  the merchandising?!
I find it shitty to buy a 2k poster for 10K + on yahoo, and won't do it anymore  :evil:
Or they could sell it via a other popular dealer like they already do it for the DVD's via PA :cry:

GaijinPunch

That's the "talk event".  And you needed a ticket last time.  I'm assuming you can just get both tickets, although it seems stupid to pass them out.  99% of the people just want the shit, which makes passing out tickets stupid.

And the "1 per person" is 1 of each item per person.

Sperrfeuer

QuoteAnd the "1 per person" is 1 of each item per person.

yes i was thinking the same and asked again, but i got the same answer :?
but i also think 1 of each item for 1 person

GaijinPunch

Who did you ask, and what exactly did they say?

GaijinPunch

Presumably the tickets for buying shit are to rid Hey! of a line from 5F to the ground floor for the entire day.  They pass out tickets by color.  Each color has an hour devoted to it to buy shit.  I would love to buy stuff, then get at the back of the line but you know that I will stick out like a sore thumb!

EOJ

According to Mihara, Ikeda will be at this one. But not Mihara.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

QuoteAccording to Mihara, Ikeda will be at this one. But not Mihara.

According to the web page, it's Ikeda & Inoue for the talk event.

EOJ

Yeah, I already knew about Inoue. Didn't read about Ikeda until Mihara mentioned it (though looks like I just missed the info on the webpage).
My score archive

EOJ

Cave has revised their festival goods catalogue today:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200712/

They also state how many of each item you can purchase, for example you can buy 2 Ketsui posters per person, but for Guwange or Esprade you're limited to 1 per person. Most of the other stuff is 3 per person, though you're allowed to buy a whopping 5 DDP:DOJ BL DVD sets per person.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Wah I want the posters (especially Ketsui)! :cry: Alright fine, I'm getting down on my knees.....who's first.

Edit: What's the blurred ones? Are they going to be a surprise?

jpj

is one of those a new muchi pork poster...?

GaijinPunch

Yes, the blurred items are surprises.

New MMP poster, new Death Smiles (yoko?) poster, and a couple of other items.

EOJ

There has been a further revision of the festival catalogue today:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/catalog.pdf
My score archive

KOMA

There're a lot of cave matsuri stuff on yahoo right now.
I found somes things on 2chan,i assume this is the half poster of DS:

And other:

GaijinPunch

The top one is the yoko poster.  It sold out about 20 people before me.  :evil:
The other two are simply post cards.  Each person got one for filling out the questionairre.  Obviously some people did some swiping. :)

KOMA

That's sucks indeed.But i'm sure you got some nice stuff. ;)
Actually i don't care about all this,even the calendar or whatever,i'm just looking for the B5 report file of death smiles.

GaijinPunch

Hey

I'm trying to get rid of the stuff in sets.  Prevents me from having any odd bits left over.  If something weird happens I'll let you know if I have an extra report file.

KOMA

Thank GP.Ok let me know if you have in the future this piece of paper.I am really not in a hurry especially after having bought 2 kit in 2 months
(^=^)

GaijinPunch

Yeah, I've bought a ton of shit as well.
Here's the extras I have, if anyone wants to have a look:
http://www.gamengai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2013

I'm not going to post at shmups until the end of the week.  I assume most will go out the door when I do, and I'm kind of busy. :)

KOMA

Hey,GP.
Do you have a pic or a link to see what is it uncluded on those set please?

Set: Stairwell Clear File, Writing Pad, Desktop Calendar, Notepad: $50
Set: Writing Pad, Desktop Calendar, Notepad: $40

EOJ

GP: did they sell that MMP CD/DVD there? Haven't heard anything about that. I would assume you'd have bought it if it was there.
My score archive

Gakidou

Yep, they certainly sold it there. There are a couple up on Yahoo right now. I've also been looking for impressions but haven't found anything yet. Strange.

GaijinPunch

Koma:  I don't have any pictures at the moment of everything, but have this:
http://www.gamengai.com/okiba/cavegear.jpg

The clear file in this one (top right) is different.  I have no extras of those.  The one in my set is the standard Windia & Casper on the stairwell picture.  The report pad is the top left corner, and in the middle is the writing pad.  The calendar is below that.

EOJ: Yes, they sold them but I've not been able to deal w/ either.  Getting all this shit sorted before New Years festivities w/ family was almost impossible.  I have boxes of shit to mail out too!  The cover is wicked of course, but that's all I can say.  You know me and game music, though.

I'm about to post an article on the event... assuming I get feeling back in my fingers.  So fucking cold here.

Shalashaska

Has anyone claimed the Ketsui poster yet?! If not, I'll take it!

EOJ

Some great pics from the festival are up on this guy's blog:

http://blog.gamersweb.it/post/710954/

Thanks to Insertcredit.com for the link.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

EOJ

Not here. But I saw it everywhere else so I just assumed everyone had already seen it. Thanks for the link, in any case. :righton:

PS- totally off topic, I'm curious is this  :righton: smiley your own creation, GJP? I stole it from gamengai.com and haven't seen it on any other forum. I think it's the best smiley ever.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Nope.  I indeed jacked it from somewhere else.  I can't for the life of me remember where though.

gsl

I stumbled across that insertcredit-linked review of the festival. and got the strangest feeling like the writer wasn't entirely familiar with a fair amount of details about the show or HEY itself.  Then again, I can't say I often get the impression that the IC head honchos often understand the entireity of everything they link to, either.

As soon as I get to a place where I can dig out my digital camera's USB cable, I'll try and upload the picture I took of the Ikeda cardboard standee they had, presumably for the talk event.