Main Menu

pre-owned sh-3 boards

Started by jpj, April 06, 2009, 03:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

have you ever bought a second-hand sh-3 board with some insane scores already saved onto it?   :)

Gwyrgyn

I remember my Futari 1.5 board had an Ultra Mode ALL on it. :X
Other than that, not really. My Ibara board was weird though, it had exactly 1 score on it and that was some E-million score with the initials KIK.

drboom

All the scores for Original on my Mushi board were in the 60 mil range. Never got on that high score board.  =D

EOJ

Nice topic!

All of the used boards I've bought (and I've been through more than a dozen) have come with really lousy scores except one - a PS PCB that had a full list of 1CCs with Kasumi and Midi&Meidi in the 7-9mil range.

Too bad the PGM games like Ketsui don't save scores. You'd probably find some good ones on used boards today if they did.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

hermosaguy

Yup!  My original Mushi board is full of ridiculous scores.  I'm thankful whoever had it before was able to unlock Ultra mode, but no way will I ever be able to touch whats on the score table.

jpj

sh3 boards i've owned:

mushi
galuda 2
ibara
pink sweets
mmp
futari 1.5
mushi-tama

and i think mushi was the only one that wasn't new old stock, but i was a bit disappointed because it only had original mode scores of 19 mill, up tp 60 mill on maniac, and an 80 mill on ultra   :-\

an ALL on futari ultra is pretty amazing  :)  what was the score?

markedkiller78

My Pink Sweets has a C,913,290.

I'll need to check Mushi as it had Ultra unlocked. The ex-arcade boards had decent scores, miles better than me, but nothing mental.

DS, Futari, Galuda 2 & Ibara where NOS more or less.

Chi

The scores on the DeathSmiles MegaBlack label I bought from EOJ make me cry (e.g. Sakura: 3,791,804,382) D:  I've not even looked at the ones on Muchi Muchi Pork...

Just as well they DS has a daily best high score table to make me feel good about myself, eh? :P

Muchi Muchi Spork

Quote from: Chi on April 10, 2009, 08:30:43 PM
The scores on the DeathSmiles MegaBlack label I bought from EOJ make me cry (e.g. Sakura: 3,791,804,382) D:  I've not even looked at the ones on Muchi Muchi Pork...

Just as well they DS has a daily best high score table to make me feel good about myself, eh? :P

Haha I recently got a Deathsmiles kit from drboom's friend and it still has EOJ high scores all over it so I guess it was his originally. I'm sure I'll never beat them.

EOJ

Wow, small world. I never really got good scores on Deathsmiles until I got the port, so I can't imagine my PCB scores are too difficult to beat.
My score archive

TimingTripod40

You're forgetting 1 thing. The game is crazy hard to score in if you don't have good reflexes.

EOJ

You just have to learn a couple tricks, then it's pretty easy to score well. Any Cave game requires good reflexes to score well.

My score archive

ookitarepanda

My Mushi 1 has scores in the 90million range saved on it.

Whoever had it must have had it set to max possible stock with extends at every 20m for a while just to get scores like that.

What sucks the most is, from what I've heard, there is absolutely NO way to clear those scores on the Mushi board. Fuck.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Replacing the eeprom would probably wipe them but I haven't tried it. What's weird with mine is [edit - nevermind, I figured out my issue].