Author Topic: Top 5 graphical gimmicks  (Read 1207 times)

Offline adverse

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Ultra Member
  • BULLETS TURN TO GOLD
Top 5 graphical gimmicks
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
What are you guys' favorite visual depictions of point items among the CAVE games?  :righton:
I mean the gems of Mushi, the crowns and skulls of Deathsmiles etc. etc.

1.  Mushi Futari Black Label God - Tons of Gems and the beautiful 30k multiplier when you max out the meter.  Just gorgeous.
2.  Maniac - Love that red tint applied to the gems as they appear when you have the meter high. 
3.  Deathsmiles - Those orange crowns breaking into tons of little skulls just really do it for me, especially in modes where you get a ton of them such as 1.1 and MBL.
4.  Muchi Muchi Pork - Love the pork explosions, especially when they all say 10,000.  I've hardly played this game but it's really pretty.
5.  Ibara Black Label - From the flower explosions to the bullet cancelling multipliers and medals, really shiny and pretty.  Again, not one I've had the pleasure of playing much though.

Megalixir

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Top 5 graphical gimmicks
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:27:38 AM »
The 1up in Death Smiles is a gigantic fucking cake, so of course I like it.

1. MMP - The sense of collecting delicious caramel-esque 10,000's is my favorite part of the game.
2. Ketsui - I really like the way the chips are designed. Probably my most desired point item.
3. Futari 1.5 - Killing enemies correctly and getting a screen full of gems is always fun.
4. Death Smiles - Gigantic cake for a life-up, plus a whole bunch of skulls in MBL. Not so much in vanilla DS though.
5. Ibara - I don't play this, but the maxed out medals are always nice to see.

Really, I just shoved Ibara on there. I can't think of a fifth one.

lgb

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »
1. Dangun Feveron (falling dancers)
2. Progear (gems and rings)
3. Guwange (coins and food extends)
4. DonPachi (bee medals)
"5". ESP Ra.De. (point boxes)

Offline Plasmo

• Ultra Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »
I can't believe how noone mentioned the gold in ESPGaluda yet. I don't like the game itself but the bars look like pure sex when their value is at 1000. :whyioughtta:

Offline Kaneda

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »
I always thought the 1up in Ketsui looked pretty wicked.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 12:14:44 AM »
I like all the stuff mentioned thus far, but I would like to add the 1UP in Pink Sweets, which is awesome (fits the game perfectly and is unlike any other 1UP to come before it). I also like the medal value font in that game.
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline Monouchi

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Ultra Member
    • Taito Station .SE
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 03:44:17 AM »
I can't believe how noone mentioned the gold in ESPGaluda yet. I don't like the game itself but the bars look like pure sex when their value is at 1000. :whyioughtta:

Yep, In Espgaluda when you have maximized the coins and then fill the screen with bullets, go into kakusei and bam!....screen is filled with numbers and all coins are yours.  :)