Main Menu

Top 5 graphical gimmicks

Started by adverse, May 18, 2009, 09:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

What are you guys' favorite visual depictions of point items among the CAVE games?  :righton:
I mean the gems of Mushi, the crowns and skulls of Deathsmiles etc. etc.

1.  Mushi Futari Black Label God - Tons of Gems and the beautiful 30k multiplier when you max out the meter.  Just gorgeous.
2.  Maniac - Love that red tint applied to the gems as they appear when you have the meter high. 
3.  Deathsmiles - Those orange crowns breaking into tons of little skulls just really do it for me, especially in modes where you get a ton of them such as 1.1 and MBL.
4.  Muchi Muchi Pork - Love the pork explosions, especially when they all say 10,000.  I've hardly played this game but it's really pretty.
5.  Ibara Black Label - From the flower explosions to the bullet cancelling multipliers and medals, really shiny and pretty.  Again, not one I've had the pleasure of playing much though.

Megalixir

The 1up in Death Smiles is a gigantic fucking cake, so of course I like it.

1. MMP - The sense of collecting delicious caramel-esque 10,000's is my favorite part of the game.
2. Ketsui - I really like the way the chips are designed. Probably my most desired point item.
3. Futari 1.5 - Killing enemies correctly and getting a screen full of gems is always fun.
4. Death Smiles - Gigantic cake for a life-up, plus a whole bunch of skulls in MBL. Not so much in vanilla DS though.
5. Ibara - I don't play this, but the maxed out medals are always nice to see.

Really, I just shoved Ibara on there. I can't think of a fifth one.

lgb

1. Dangun Feveron (falling dancers)
2. Progear (gems and rings)
3. Guwange (coins and food extends)
4. DonPachi (bee medals)
"5". ESP Ra.De. (point boxes)

Plasmo

I can't believe how noone mentioned the gold in ESPGaluda yet. I don't like the game itself but the bars look like pure sex when their value is at 1000. :whyioughtta:

Kaneda

I always thought the 1up in Ketsui looked pretty wicked.

EOJ

I like all the stuff mentioned thus far, but I would like to add the 1UP in Pink Sweets, which is awesome (fits the game perfectly and is unlike any other 1UP to come before it). I also like the medal value font in that game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

Quote from: Plasmo on May 18, 2009, 02:32:51 PM
I can't believe how noone mentioned the gold in ESPGaluda yet. I don't like the game itself but the bars look like pure sex when their value is at 1000. :whyioughtta:

Yep, In Espgaluda when you have maximized the coins and then fill the screen with bullets, go into kakusei and bam!....screen is filled with numbers and all coins are yours.  :)