Mugen Kouro (Infinite Space) [NDS, Sega]

Started by EOJ, June 09, 2009, 03:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I preordered this game after checking out the website here:

http://mugen.sega.jp/

Along with other impressions I've read about it. Haven't been this excited for an RPG in awhile, too bad it's not on the PSP though. It looks like the classic anime stylizations of PC-FX-era Hudson, with an expansive RPG experience somewhat reminiscent of classics like Star Control 2.

Due out June 11th (this Thursday). Promo vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rbip8YxmCs
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Just cancelled my preorder (as it was delayed anyway) after reading some reviews on amazon.co.jp. Apparently it has problems later in the game. Anyone play the game a bit and think it's still good?
My score archive

adverse

Have still only played 30 min of it, but wow the 3d in the battle sequences is atrocious.  Totally should've been a PSP game.  Dunno what they were thinking.

EOJ

Yeah, I was worried the fugly NDS 3D would destroy my eyes after a few hours. Can't imagine playing 30-40 hours with that.

And agreed with the PSP comment. It would have been so lovely.
My score archive

Megalixir

All 3D DS games are horrible abortions of the gaming industry. I don't know the correct term off hand, but the DS can't handle models very well, so everything looks like it was pieces together with pixels. FF3, Metroid Hunters, Dragon Quest, basically anything with even a hint of 2D will have you counting the pixels like it's Xenogears. A portable Saturn is pretty neat though.

I think it would be better if they made more 2D RPGs for it. WEWY and 7th Dragon come to mind.

adverse

Ok...

The first boss of this game is retarded hard.  I've gotten him close to dying a couple times but can never deliver the finishing blow because of the game's janky battle system.  

Edit: Managed to beat it.  You have to watch the indicator at the top of the screen and dance in and out of the "normal attack" range of the 3 ships.  This is not really explained in the game, or not well.  Bet we'll see quite a few copies of this showing up in the used bin just because of that part.