Summer Goals

Started by adverse, June 20, 2009, 03:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Set some goals for yourself this summer.  :righton:

Me:

MFBL Maniac 500mil + clear with Palm.
Ketsui - 100+ mil clear

That should be more than enough with my work schedule. 
Maybe mess around with Mamoru-kun too.

EOJ

Wish I had more time to play this summer. With the move to Japan next month, I'll be left with little time for games (other than those on portables). I already met my goal of a 300+mil ALL in Deathsmiles, but that's all I had recently. I guess I'll make some new goals when in Japan. I'll see what games are in the arcades near me and go from there. :)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

Closest and most attainable is the 1CC on Espgaluda PS2.  I'll also try for clears on Dodonpachi Saturn and Gradius Rebirth.  Clearing the first loop on DDP DOJ PS2 is also a nice thought, but we'll see.  I'm beginning to see, despite Arika's excellent porting work, just how broken certain parts of the game are, especially in comparison to the Black Label, like how you're instantly boned if you trigger a hyper on the first boss.

Ultimate summer goal is finishing a working supergun and finally getting some PCB action going.

necpmf

Quote from: gsl on June 20, 2009, 12:22:45 PMlike how you're instantly boned if you trigger a hyper on the first boss.
Huh?

Anyway, I'm aiming for
150m (and hopefully 200m after that) in daioujou white label

I'd love to get a 10m+ score in Garegga (A,xxx,xxx) with Gain but I'm not sure I can pull that one off. Same goes for an Ibara clear.

Plasmo

This summer I'll try getting a C or D score on Batrider. (or at least 1st place on shmups.com, my score is still crap there)
Maybe some Dux, too.

Megalixir

Quote from: Plasmo on June 20, 2009, 06:11:02 PMMaybe some Dux, too.

Hahaha.

I still need to 1cc Futari Maniac, and continue to improve on my Original scores. I also want to get into Batsugun (which I've never done before) as I have the board coming. I've been playing mostly non-shooting games recently though. Avoid Monster Hunter and Demon's Souls unless you want your life taken away from you completely.

gsl

Quote from: necpmf on June 20, 2009, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: gsl on June 20, 2009, 12:22:45 PMlike how you're instantly boned if you trigger a hyper on the first boss.
Huh?
When you use a Hyper in DOJ the game difficulty--mainly in the form of the speed and number of enemy bullets--increases for as long as the Hyper is active, plus remains a little more difficult than before you used the Hyper.  I find this to be the most noticeable with the first boss, as I can only beat it without losing a life with a stroke of luck should I use the Hyper to attempt a better score.  This contrasts with a ~95% no-miss on the boss if I don't mess around with the Hyper.  When I could play Black Label with some frequency it seemed that the jump in difficulty wasn't as severe as the "white label."

I'm willing to concede that a small part of the difficulty could come from playing the PS2 port on my non-tate'd television, but there's still a noticeable difference in difficulty and playability.

Kaneda

I'd like to get 1 billion in Mushi Futari BL Original mode.

Quote from: EOJ on June 20, 2009, 03:57:02 AM
Wish I had more time to play this summer. With the move to Japan next month, I'll be left with little time for games (other than those on portables). I already met my goal of a 300+mil ALL in Deathsmiles, but that's all I had recently. I guess I'll make some new goals when in Japan. I'll see what games are in the arcades near me and go from there. :)

Where at?

EOJ

My score archive

battle gregor

i've 1ccd all the cave games i own except for esperade ,galuda and d.o.j so getting  teh 1cc for one or two of those would make me happy.
the last bosses on rade and galuda are a pain and d.o.j is just a pain all the way through  :P

dimmu--borgir

1CC Muchi Muchi Pork

bucklemyshoe

I'd love to 1CC the first loop of DOJ but realistically I think a better goal is to just aim to reach Habachi.

adverse

QuoteI'd love to 1CC the first loop of DOJ but realistically I think a better goal is to just aim to reach Habachi.

Hope you're talking about BL's 1-loop setting.

---

Lots of DOJ-related goals.  :righton:  It's gonna be a hot summer...

EOJ, I never made it out to Kyoto as much as I wanted to, but A-cho should still be good?  If you make it out to Osaka, check out Arcade SCOT in Nipponbashi and Monte 50 in Umeda.  This is where the scorers hang out and are pretty sick arcades.  There's also some place in Tenjinbashi that has some record-breaking Otomedius players but...it's Otomedius.

EOJ

Thanks for the tips. I'll be near Kyoto University, so I'd think they must have at least a couple arcades around there. I'll have to do some investigating.
My score archive

bucklemyshoe

Quote from: adverse on June 23, 2009, 10:55:28 PM
QuoteI'd love to 1CC the first loop of DOJ but realistically I think a better goal is to just aim to reach Habachi.

Hope you're talking about BL's 1-loop setting.

Sorry, I meant the Stage 5 Boss.

thamasha69

Would like to 1CC ESPRa.De ....but I have been playing Deathsmiles and DOJ Black Label too much - we'll see.

charlienash87

1cc galuda arrange mode, but still get a respectable score

best arrange mode EVER!
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

croikle

Western record for Battle Bakraid Advanced course.

Cave-related, maybe reach ESP Ra. De. last boss? Played it some, but only hit stage 5 a couple times. Will need some practice.

adverse

Summer's over on September 22nd, how are we doing?

I got one of my goals but Ketsui's 5th stage is a bitch.  More interested in DFK than Ketsui these days.

battle gregor

finally beat esprade so one of my goals got done..i failed at d.o.j though and still trying to get the last 2 levels of galuda tighter.

Kaneda

I didn't meet my goal and don't expect to any time soon. No easy access to the game and when I do get the chance I'm usually pretty frustrated with it after a credit or two. I'll likely pick it up again when it becomes available on the 360, but I'm in no real hurry.

I think I've hit that point with games where I need a break. I'll do my best in the shmups.com STGT and then probably hang it up for a while so I can focus on studying and my art. A DFK port could change all that though...