DS vs DS 1.1 difficulty thread [split from Espgaluda 2 topic]

Started by adverse, July 16, 2009, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on July 16, 2009, 08:41:23 PM
They'll make the arrange mode super easy for all "console gamers" who can't handle the original game. Just like they always do!

I wouldn't call 1.1 super-easy...

EOJ

I would. Going all rank 3 in 1.1 is way easier than going all rank 3 in regular DS.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Megalixir

Quote from: EOJ on July 16, 2009, 09:29:40 PM
I would. Going all rank 3 in 1.1 is way easier than going all rank 3 in regular DS.

How?

At least in DS you're given 3 bombs per life, and dying doesn't totally ruin your score. In 1.1, dying decimates your multiplier, and you only have your own bombs + 2 from stage enemies.

Also I don't recall Galuda 1's arrange mode being terribly easy either.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on July 16, 2009, 09:29:40 PM

The lack of bombs makes it harder for everyone except for... well, most of us.  
It took me far longer to acclimate to than MBL.

That being said, I think GII's difficulty curve is fine as-is.  I wouldn't mind a slightly easier version.

EOJ

I cleared DS 1.1 all rank 3 through the Canyon after a very minimal amount of effort. But I still haven't cleared DS all rank 3 w/ the Canyon. The same is true for many other people on this forum and elsewhere! The ability to manually move your option along with all of the bullet cancels from being able to power up from 100 makes DS 1.1 way easier to clear IMO.

And I was only talking about Cave's arrange modes. Galuda and DOJ were ports by Arika (though I hear Ikeda made the Galuda arrange mode, so there you go).
My score archive

KOMA

I seconded that!DS 1.1 is easier than regular vers.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on July 17, 2009, 09:45:44 AM
I cleared DS 1.1 all rank 3 through the Canyon after a very minimal amount of effort. But I still haven't cleared DS all rank 3 w/ the Canyon.

To each their own.  Either only took me about a week I would say.  I use my bombs to their fullest when I get my first clears though.  That being said, I don't think anyone could say that any one of 1.1, Arcade, or MBL is "way" harder or easier than another... not when playing all the way through on full ranks.

EOJ

I think it took you a few weeks to clear DS Canyon (looking at the high score table here), but you do seem to be one of the few who doesn't find 1.1 and DS to be that different in difficulty.

I still stick by my claim that DS 1.1 is "way easier" than DS.  :) Even with the lack of bombs in 1.1, there are a couple tricks that make the last boss (Tyranno) really easy. And everything before that is way easier in DS 1.1, for reasons I've already mentioned.

EDIT: Topic split.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Well, I played arcade mode on an off in the arcades.  I actually got an All Rank 3 (no Canyon) clear in the arcades well before I bought  a board.  That being said, I was well trained in the basics by the time I even started 1.1.  Also worth noting is it took me at least two days to get used to that option manipulating thing.  It does make some parts easier, but the suicide bullets behave differently.