Main Menu

CAVE Matsuri 8/15/09

Started by adverse, July 01, 2009, 04:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Sum up of the day's events:

Mihara explains that the same Arika team that built Ketsui DS is working on an original shooter for the DS-I.  He says that there will be an announcement somewhat soon via the Nintendo website.  Sounds like a really exciting project.

He also announces that DOJ will be mainly updated via an online patch, focused on fixing the most glaring errors in the game.  Not much we didn't know.  Didn't hear what was going on with Ketsui.

Asada shows Mushi futari arrange (which looked good, but had a scary lack of slowdown).  I'm not sure if there was some sort of bullet absorption feature going on but that's what it appeared to be.  I believe there were four modes: Novice, Xbox360, Arcade and Arrange.  EspGaluda II footage shown with a Black Label mode.  Definitely hyped for that one.

They had a Manabu Namiki quiz show where people had to guess what track was playing.  People were guessing correctly after a half second of a track played, it was uncanny.  CAVE fans are goddamn serious.  

The Wasshoi exhibition was alright, I believe both the A-type player and SWY ended around 400/500 billion, nothing like the 1 trillion on the DVD which involves a shit load of boss milking.  Main problem with the exhibition is that they're showing tate mode in yoko which is just retarded IMO.  Flip the damn projector over...

Anyways, my whole weekend has been Tougeki and the matsuri, life is good!

KOMA

Quote from: adverse on August 15, 2009, 11:59:11 AM
Anyways, my whole weekend has been Tougeki and the matsuri, life is good!
Lucky bastard if i may ^^

zlk

Anyone know what SWY's final score? Did he counterstop it?

adverse

The most brutal replay since HFD's DOJ BL run.  Possibly better.

zap

Any pics from the matsuri?  :)

charlienash87

Quote from: adverse on August 16, 2009, 01:17:06 PM
The most brutal replay since HFD's DOJ BL run.  Possibly better.

I won't believe until i see it, that run made my jaw drop so far that it still clicks when i eat
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

GaijinPunch

For the record, the DFK DVD, OST, DOJ arrange CD, and gay ass Drama CD 2 will be up for sale (online) on 08/25.

EOJ

Cool beans. I'll be ordering one DDPDFK dvd set for myself.  :righton: It's times like this that's it's nice to live in Japan.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on August 18, 2009, 01:56:50 AM
Cool beans. I'll be ordering one DDPDFK dvd set for myself.  :righton: It's times like this that's it's nice to live in Japan.

And the several earthquakes we had last week would be the bad times.

KOMA

And what the chance to get one DFK DVD by you fellow?

StarCreator

Echoing the post immediately above.  Would be very interested in the DFK DVD and perhaps the arrange CD as well. (I'm assuming it's a different arrange from the Perfect Remix CD?)

adverse

I will only send KOMA a DVD if he starts playing DFK again.  >:D

Kaneda

Ordered my DVD today, can't wait. :righton:

EOJ

They shipped my DVDs today, so I should get them tomorrow. Pretty speedy service. Just checked and they are sold out of the DVD. I see one going for 10,000+ yen on YAJ already.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

grotto

sold out already...  :-\

Hope that one of you lucky guys will upload the ISO...  >:D