Guwange for XBLA [2010] - Patch adding 4:3 support is now available for download

Started by adverse, September 01, 2009, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antares

So I take it this one won't include HD sprites.

lam47

I can't believe I missed this thread. What great news this is!
Personally I do prefer ESP but this game has such kooky bosses I think a lot of people that are not big shooter fans might give it a go.
I know for sure a lot of my friends would give it a go on my recommendation and then who knows, perhaps import Mushi and fingers crossed Galuda II.

As for the sprites not being re drawn I don't think its a problem. So long as they include a filter for anyone who does not like to see the pixels.
I'm pushing it here but they could even include scanlines like in Raiden.
What a great morning this is turning out to be, first my Reco figure arrives and then I find this thread.
If only I could have remembered my old log in info.
Never mind.

Schrodingers cat

This is awesome news.  I'd much rather play this on my tate setup than on my PC.  Can't wait to see top scoring runs on the leaderboards for this.

EOJ

According to this blog post:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/krakilin/e/531f7d469b497126c7886666f17fc529

Asada said at the Cave festival that Guwange has not been approved by MS yet, and it's possible they won't approve it. In that case, he said they will release it on the PC. So as of right now no one knows if this will end up on XBLA or not yet. It is, however, up and running fine on an actual Xbox 360, so they just have to wait to hear from MS.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

evil_ash_xero

I would buy it for PC, although I already have it on PC. javascript:void(0);

bcass

Releasing it on PC is surely pointless unless they add new modes and/or that Cave Festival edition.

EOJ

This is confirmed to be coming to XBLA in 2010. New pics and info (scroll down past the DSII stuff):

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232480_1124.html

It will include 3 modes: Arcade, Cave Festival "Blue" Version (only playable once at a Cave festival a few years back), and a new Arrange mode that uses dual stick control.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

Wow, blue label....too awesome :righton:
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

purpbullets

adverse

necpmf

Quote from: EOJ on February 27, 2010, 01:56:48 AMdual stick control.
:oogle:

I wonder if I can hook up two HRAPs and ghetto-double-stick.
Ok, maybe not.

purpbullets

anybody know about this blue version?

GaijinPunch

Quote from: purpbullets on February 28, 2010, 07:04:25 AM
anybody know about this blue version?

If you dig around shmups I posted some impressions of it a while back.  I played a credit of it... it's different, but not vastly.  Nothing like Futari 1.0 -> 1.5.  My camera, however, was broken, so no video.  This was the same event that had MMP w/ Pink Sweets bosses and the Death Smiles Cave Die Matsuri version (which I thought was wicked).

purpbullets

charlienash87

blue version and an arrange! wonder what else they're going to throw in there? I still would have preferred a disc though
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

moebinkay

So will it be easy to download via US XBOX LIve account or will we need to reopen an account to a JAPAN XBOX LIVE...

PsychoDiver

It should be an international release. Games do not have to be English to be on US live.

moebinkay

Quote from: PsychoDiver on March 03, 2010, 09:22:06 PM
It should be an international release. Games do not have to be English to be on US live.

I don't know any game that isn't in english on US live. LOL they even translated Triggerheart Excella  :-\

PsychoDiver

King of Fighters 98 is not in English.

EOJ

New Cave blog post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/06/post-f4f7.html

Guwange is set to be finished toward the end of July. So I'm guessing a release in August.
My score archive

emphatic

Daigoro

great news. ill make a JP account to buy it if i have to (i think i made one a ways back but cant remember any of the details...), but id rather a US XBLA release.

fingers crossed. cant wait to own a copy of this game.

Lusche

never liked the game, but i'll give it a try ...
release it fast and than release ddp dfk  >:D

emphatic

Quote from: Daigoro on July 01, 2010, 05:30:25 AM
great news. ill make a JP account to buy it if i have to (i think i made one a ways back but cant remember any of the details...), but id rather a US XBLA release.

XBLA are region free.

njiska

Quote from: Lusche on July 02, 2010, 05:57:55 AM
never liked the game, but i'll give it a try ...
release it fast and than release ddp dfk  >:D

I never cared for it until I learned to use the Shikigami offensively. Chaining comes naturally now and the game is a shit load more fun.

Quote from: emphatic on July 02, 2010, 09:41:24 AM
Quote from: Daigoro on July 01, 2010, 05:30:25 AM

XBLA are region free.

The problem isn't the playability of the title it's the purchasability. If it's only on the JP marketplace then I need to order a points card from japan. If it's on all the marketplaces you can just use your normal CC.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

It was mentioned awhile back that this will be a global XBLA release. That's one reason why it's been delayed so much.
My score archive

Lusche

Quote from: njiska on July 02, 2010, 05:19:07 PM
I never cared for it until I learned to use the Shikigami offensively. Chaining comes naturally now and the game is a shit load more fun.
Quote from: emphatic on July 02, 2010, 09:41:24 AM

maybe i should read some scoring tactics and try it again ...
but im not a big fan of familiar controll ... DS/DS2 are just barely ok but guwange was too much for me ... but maybe that was the fun part of the game im missing

Daigoro

Quote from: EOJ on July 02, 2010, 10:42:04 PM
It was mentioned awhile back that this will be a global XBLA release. That's one reason why it's been delayed so much.

well thats great news. its a good as bought then. cant wait.

Lusche

Moskovskaya

Is there hope for an alternative score display with arabic (western) numbers?

I found it really hard to translate my score on the pcb.