Guwange for XBLA [2010] - Patch adding 4:3 support is now available for download

Started by adverse, September 01, 2009, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Moskovskaya on July 08, 2010, 01:49:46 PM
Is there hope for an alternative score display with arabic (western) numbers?

I found it really hard to translate my score on the pcb.

I'll give you a hint: one horizontal line means 1, two lines means 2, three means 3. Now you only have 7 more numbers to learn!

antares

I'm sure they will translate the whole game. I think if you want to release a game on XBLA worldwide it is even mandatory to translate it to english, french, german and some other languages.

Lusche

sh00g

Reading that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  :P

GaijinPunch

As someone that has translated pieces of Guwange before, my heart goes out to the localization team...especially if they're not familiar w/ the whole story.  I did the web page a long time ago and it was a total fist fuck.  There's just so much that's lost in translation.  Another reason why you should learn Japanese. :)

The game is still enjoyable though.  I had cleared the game a year before I bothered reading the story.

fuse

So it would seem that this is now available on Partnernet. Supposedly that doesn't really mean much in terms of a release date, but fingers crossed it's not long after the Summer of Arcade promotion...

EOJ

Will be released end of September ~ early October. 800MS points.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

charlienash87

finally! a release date! 800 points is completely reasonable for such a great game. but i think it will be overlooked a little by the mainstream because of that price instead of 400, let's hope not
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

ookitarepanda

800 points?? Seems cheap - I figured it would be 1200. But I'm not complaining!

I don't think the mainstream will bitch about 800 points - $10 on a game like this is what a lot of the XBLA people think is reasonable. Then again, the general populace bitches about anything and everything so I could be wrong.

Lusche

yeah 800 points is a steal for us shmup/cave fans

but you are wrong about the mainstream ... they will bitch ... guaranteed
they would even bitch if it was only 400points

gsl

Wasn't MFBL 1200?  800 is a steal for a standalone title with not one but three separate game modes.

EOJ

Yep, and DSMBL was the same price too. But they had the OMG HD graphics, which Guwange lacks. Plus it's older than dirt.
My score archive

emphatic

Anyone care to give a decent translation of the latest blog post regarding this? The Google translation is pretty clear on the 800 point price though.  :righton:

EOJ

No new info, unfortunately. Except maybe that it has online coop? Not sure if that was mentioned before.
My score archive

evil_ash_xero

If anyone on here has played this on Partnernet, could you say how the port looks? I read that it looks like the Ketsui port, but i'd like at least one more person to confirm that.

EOJ

It'll look like any other Cave port (non-HD mode) on an HDTV, but like Espgaluda 2, I'm pretty sure it has Cave's "smoothing" option in there, for those who like to play with Vaseline smeared over the screen.
My score archive

moebinkay

I couldn't find Guwange on XBLA can anyone help me out cos I Wanna download it. thanks

phrenzee

When it's released, you will know  :righton:

SuperPang

From Twitter

Quotecave_world_en Keep an eye out for the second part of our Eurogamer interview. RT @sweeks625: do you guys have a release date for guwange for xbla?

Looking at the XBLA release list I'm guessing November or the week before at the earliest.

Kiken

Quote from: SuperPang on September 22, 2010, 07:15:31 AM
Looking at the XBLA release list I'm guessing November or the week before at the earliest.

It could come out as early as next week... the next couple of weeks only have 1 confirmed release thus far meaning there's plenty of room for additional releases (and Guwange is not a major release in MS's eyes):

September 29: Hydrophobia
October 6: Comic Jumper
October 13: Pinball FX 2
October 20: Super Meat Boy
October 27: Bloody Good Time

Guwange could easily be slotted in on any of these dates.  Numerous "lower-end" releases don't get confirmed until a day or two before their release.

SuperPang

Thats me told  =D
I haven't heard of any of the dross listed. I hope this does well and MS take notice. I want video previews, themes, spotlight features damnit!

Medal

The earlier the better, but I don't know if I'm going to have enough space on my HDD for it...This would be something like 800MB? Hopefully deleting an Espgaluda 2 install would take care of that.

bcass

Well, the Guwange MAME ROM (uncompressed) is 45MB and the OST (in lossless FLAC format) comes to 109MB, so I'd imagine it will be substantially less than 800MB.  Actually, that's one thing this release will have over the PCB - substantially higher quality audio.  The music on the PCB is horribly (lossy) compressed.

Medal

That's true, but there's also an arrange mode, plus whatever else they decide to chuck in. Either way, I think I'll be able to manage.

njiska

Update: http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/10/post-8eb2.html

Looks like we'll have a release date announced within the next 2 weeks.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

PsychoDiver

I am pretty excited about this one. Does anyone know if it will have online co-op and leaderboards?

bcass

All XBLA games have Leaderboards.  I'm pretty sure it's a prerequisite.

Ast-Kot

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

GaijinPunch

An announcement for an announcement.

Lunchbox

November 10, finally.

Pics and display options:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/13/guwange_date_set/

The title screen has to be a cruel joke.
No arcades in Spain.