Guwange for XBLA [2010] - Patch adding 4:3 support is now available for download

Started by adverse, September 01, 2009, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyumi

If that achivement works on all versions (I'm sure it is), then I would do it in blue version. It's stupidly easy to dodge all the blue bullets. However, the yellow orbs increases. I ended up almost no missing that attack on the first try, but got nicked by an orb.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drunkninja

Not a bad guide, definitely good for getting the basics down.

Aliquantic

QuoteStage 6 A Small, Medium and Full Life recovery item will appear for every 4 spiders you kill.

That part doesn't seem to be right, at least according to this thread and magazine scans here... I'm not 100% positive, though, so could someone confirm that?

Medal

Quote from: EOJ on November 17, 2010, 04:58:07 PM
REALLY basic scoring guide by RAM, posted on siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/17/cave-blog-a-guide-to-guwange-part-1/

That was awfully cool of RAM for giving Westerners a little guide. Perhaps, if we're nice, he'll tell us other things about other games.

EOJ

I was just watching an Arcade mode replay at x32 speed (to skip to the last stage), and it froze on the cat spider boss. Music kept playing, but I couldn't access the xbox dashboard and so I had to cut the power to reset the system. Buggy game.
My score archive

bcass

Report it on their Twitter page.  They're at least acknowledging bug reports on that site that are being sent to them.

jyumi

It will also freeze while in training mode (blue) when you lose all of your lifes.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Aliquantic

The second part of the guide is now up and has some interesting tidbits, like the actual coin point values and an explanation of boss milking:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/24/cave-blog-a-guide-to-guwange-part-2/

charlienash87

Quote from: Aliquantic on November 25, 2010, 02:54:33 AM

The second part of the guide is now up and has some interesting tidbits, like the actual coin point values and an explanation of boss milking:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/24/cave-blog-a-guide-to-guwange-part-2/

this was really helpful. there were a few tidbits i've not seen mentioned before.

Rams a cool guy
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

gsl

QuoteThis attack will move in one set from spear bullets -> cat balls.
Cat balls is my least favorite attack ever.

Really cool that he outlined some of the advanced scoring tactics.  I've always heard people gripe about the boss milking but never really had it explained in a concise manner.

Medal

RAM is really impressing me with his coolness.

rtw

This part in the guide has me a bit puzzled....

Here?s a little trick with the Shikigami that can help maintain your combo.
The Shikigami can be launched quickly by holding down the Shot button and hitting the Shikigami button intermittently.

On arcade the shot button and shikigami button is the same. Does this trick only apply to the XBOX360 port ?
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Aliquantic

Quote from: rtw on November 26, 2010, 01:32:00 AM
This part in the guide has me a bit puzzled....

Here?s a little trick with the Shikigami that can help maintain your combo.
The Shikigami can be launched quickly by holding down the Shot button and hitting the Shikigami button intermittently.

On arcade the shot button and shikigami button is the same. Does this trick only apply to the XBOX360 port ?

You can switch on autofire in the PCB too, and it's very much recommended to perform this trick and "coin leeching".

rtw

Quote from: Aliquantic on November 26, 2010, 02:08:54 AM
You can switch on autofire in the PCB too, and it's very much recommended to perform this trick and "coin leeching".

Thanks for the heads up!
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

My score archive

njiska

Hell really is getting cold these days.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

Still have to wait for them to patch Futari's graphic glitches and add 4:3 support to DSII Arcade mode. Then it will be really frozen over.
My score archive

emphatic

Glad to see the Facebook/email campaign has worked!  :righton:

antares

Finally, I already gave up on it. I hope this means 4:3 support for their future releases too.

njiska

Quote from: antares on January 18, 2011, 04:40:25 PM
Finally, I already gave up on it. I hope this means 4:3 support for their future releases too.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. So far the only Disc release to do forced 16:9 is DSIIX and that's because IIx mode is 16:9 so it makes sense.

Daverost

Doesn't affect me because my TV doesn't run an archaic aspect ratio, but I'm glad for everyone that couldn't appreciate the game given this particular shortcoming. It'll be easier to recommend to people now.

Also good to know CAVE squeezes in time to fix stuff where they can based on user feedback. That's a hallmark of a great company.

Shalashaska

While this update doesn't affect me either (I've also never had the Futari issues) it's nice to see Cave supporting their products and listening to the fans. :righton:

njiska

Quote from: Daverost on January 18, 2011, 06:02:37 PM
Doesn't affect me because my TV doesn't run an archaic aspect ratio, but I'm glad for everyone that couldn't appreciate the game given this particular shortcoming. It'll be easier to recommend to people now.

Now that's a bit of an unfairly jaded response. I can play the game just fine on my fancy 16:9 TV, but i have an arcade monitor, mounted sideways for shmups. It give's me a proportionally large viewing area for tated games. This patch makes all the difference in the world to people like me.

Quote from: Daverost on January 18, 2011, 06:02:37 PMAlso good to know CAVE squeezes in time to fix stuff where they can based on user feedback. That's a hallmark of a great company.

That is impressive and it's nice to see. They've really done a good job keeping the fan base happy, especially the iOS users, funnily enough.

brentsg

Doesn't affect me because my TV doesn't run an archaic aspect ratio

Archaic games need to be played on devices with archaic aspect ratios.   :facepalm:

Daverost

Quote from: brentsg on January 18, 2011, 10:26:59 PM
Doesn't affect me because my TV doesn't run an archaic aspect ratio

Archaic games need to be played on devices with archaic aspect ratios.   :facepalm:

...Well played.

Dave_K.

Well I guess I'll have to buy this now.  Glad to see Cave actually listening to feedback from their key markets.

gsl

Pretty swell of them to go to the effort, especially for an XBLA-only title.  Now it ought to be actually playable!

EOJ

Guwange patch is coming this weekend. I posted this last week, but in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=872
My score archive

Van_Artic

what a twist, didn't they say they wouldn't patch it? i wonder how many demands they got from japanese players to move on
it's great news anyway, i'll finally dig into this game for real; Arrange 360 is one of those easy-to-survive-hard-to-score modes