3. BUD      15,772,460    1-ALL       Bolt / Nail     buddy
4. KDE      15,130,300    1-ALL       Bolt / Nail     Kaede

U.S. Version
#  INITS.   SCORE         STAGE       PILOT/GUNNER    NAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1. RAR      26,132,840    2-2         Bolt / Nail     RAR
2. KDE      16,886,160    1-ALL       Bolt / Nail     Kaede
3. JPJ      10,657,190    1-5         Bolt / Rivet    jpj

Rules: 1 credit with no continues, default live stock, difficulty and extends.

Submissions: Please submit scores in the following format and state wether the score is for the US or JPN version.

INITIALS - SCORE - STAGE - PILOT/GUNNER -  NAME

Good luck!  :righton:

jpj

copy pasted from shmups:

US version: (courtesy of my friend Mr. Sony PSP :oops: )

jpj - 10,657,190 - 1-5 - Bolt/Rivet - jpj

(my name is the same as my da vinci  :P )
p.s.  good to see you here kaede   8)

Kaede

Updated!

Hello to you sir, nice score considering you have to play with that d-pad!  :evil:  :righton:

CRI

nice a progear scorethead.
i will receive this game next week so thx for the tabel! :righton:

here's my old score for now as a placeholder.

jap version:
CRI - 16,599,410 - 1-5 - Ring/Nail - CRI

CRI

got the game yesterday.

CRI - 17,022,770 - 1-5 - Bolt/Nail - CRI

died with 3 bombs left on the last boss

Kaede

CRI, I assume this is the JPN version?

CRI

yes that's a jpn score.
i only play the jpn version of this game.
got a little bit better score:

CRI - 18,106,390 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Nail - CRI

CRI

CRI - 19,326,180 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Nail - (JP Version)

@Kaede
no need to update that score because if everything goes well i show up tomorrow with a 20 mil score.

CRI

ok took a bit longer than a day but got now the 20 mil.

CRI - 20,834,030 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Nail - (JP Version)

got to the stage 5 boss with a bomb and life use of 6. (got there with 5 lifes and 1 bomb)
but played the last boss not that good so no loop.

what are the loop requirements?

use a total of 7 life and bomb
use max. 2 bombs

is that right?

RAR

Posted these on shmups.com thread under the screen name 'ArrogantBastard'.

RAR - 26,132,840 - 2-2 - Bolt / Nail - RAR (US)
RAR - 42,784,640 - 2-2 - Ring / Chain - RAR (JP)

Screens seems to have disappeared from my high score thread. This OK with you, Kaede?

Edit: I found them on my hard drive, and have uploaded them for hosting. Here they are:

Kaede

QuotePosted these on shmups.com thread under the screen name 'ArrogantBastard'.

RAR - 26,132,840 - 2-2 - Bolt / Nail - RAR (US)
RAR - 42,784,640 - 2-2 - Ring / Chain - RAR (JP)

Screens seems to have disappeared from my high score thread. This OK with you, Kaede?

Hey that's fine! (Apart from making my score look pretty damn humble).  :lol:

Budloc

buddy - 15,772,460 - 1-ALL - Bolt / Nail - JP Version

CRI

CRI - 21,247,980 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Nail - (JP Version)

CRI

got a new score and at another run i made the loop. (see 2nd place)

CRI - 22,925,710 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Nail - (JP Version)

the 2nd loop is insane!:D

CRI

CRI - 25,782,190 - 2-2 - Bolt/Nail - (JP Version)

CRI

CRI - 30,393,780 - 2-2 - Bolt/Nail - (JP Version)

:D

RAR

I've been secretly playing this game for the last 4 months after taking a long hiatus from it. I had two goals that I wanted to achieve while playing this for 4 months. I wanted to see if I could reach the final boss, or at least get to 2-5; and I wanted to break SiKrAiKeN's score on shmups.com forum. I achieved one of the goals today as you can see below. (Which was reaching 2-5.) I had no-missed, no-bombed the first loop, and died twice on 2-2 boss and then once on 2-3 and several more on 2-4, then lost the rest on 2-5 mid-boss. I'm going to keep trying to see if I can ALL this game and beat SiK's score. Until then, it's time to lurk once again and keep playing.

RAR - 72,183,630 - 2-5 - Ring / Chain (JP)

jpj

Plasmo

Absolutely fantastic score and some hardcore mentality there. Please keep going!:)

RAR

Kaede

Holy....:shock:

Table updated.

CRI

wow... damn you!;)
my goal was to beat your 42 mil score.
but now your far away.
congratulation for that fantastic score.:righton:

RAR

Thank you, gents.

I'll be back.

RAR

Almost got the ALL. Pretty soon I'm gonna get it, and post it up here. I've been way too busy with real life shit lately.

I think I'm going to retire from playing shmups after this one. I just don't have time for playing video games in general, and I'm pretty burnt out from playing Progear way too fucking much.

jpj

drboom

Quote from: RAR on August 19, 2008, 05:46:58 AM
I think I'm going to retire from playing shmups after this one. I just don't have time for playing video games in general, and I'm pretty burnt out from playing XXXXX way too fucking much.

I have probably said this seriously about five times and thought I would never go back to video gaming, but everytime, I come back after a short hiatus and somehow, get better each time. Originally, it was playing fighters in the early 1990's when I walked away, then console stuff , then classic arcade titles. I think I know now that I won't walk away for too long, no matter how burned out I think I am. OT, I know, but with high scores like that, RAR, you gotta keep playing - even if it means taking a deserved break.

RAR

Well, the reason why I picked up Progear and start attacking it again was because I had gone through a really fucking shitty mess at one point in my life five months ago, and I just couldn't pull my shit together and locked myself in for a while. Progear happened to be the game I chose to start playing again after not touching it for nearly two years. Now that things are looking up for me since I got a new better paying job and am much happier with the job, became more active with my lifestyle, and met an amazing girl... so it's becoming quite difficult to be able to make time for games. :P

But that doesn't mean you won't get to see an ALL score here. I intend on reaching my goal, and posting it here for posterity sake. :)

jpj

goodluck on the ALL, and everything else too   :)

drboom

Ditto. Keep at it. And good luck with the fresh start.
I had a bit of a similar past, so I know where you are at.  ;)  Sounds like you dug yourself out of quite a hole and its good you didn't quit - although with Progear scores like that, it's obvious you don't quit easily!

RAR

Blam. Done with this fucking game.

RAR - 121,107,960 - ALL - Ring / Chain (JP)

Edit: I should note that I had Lx0 and Bx2 remaining when I killed off the last form of the boss. Time to give the PCB back to my friend. :)