EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kaede

Congrats! That's a fantastic acievement. :righton:

Table updated.

I'll change the look of the high score table when I have time as it's pretty ugly since the change over.

jpj

well done dude

take care of yourself   :)

RAR

Thanks for the congratulations, guys. :)

drboom

Let me ride that congratulation train as well. Hella impressive. Hope to keep seeing you around the boards.

EOJ

This is the first 2-ALL of the game by a westerner, right? That's quite an accomplishment.

Hope you play some of the newer CAVE games and stay in the game. You obviously have the skills.  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

RAR

Thanks, you two, but unfortunately this is pretty much my last game (and shmup game) I'll be playing for a long, long time. Have other priorities that I need to tend to in real life, so I'm quite saddened that it's my last accomplishment. BUT... at the same time I'm happy that I accomplished my goal, too. :)

UNLESS I decide to take up playing Deathsmiles if the port is good for Xbox 360. :)

markedkiller78

Well done RAR. It?s good to go out on a high.

Best of luck in whatever you do

bitkid

God damn that is sweet! I've been playing Progear off and on since early this year but I'm nowhere near a 2-ALL...I'm close to a 1cc on a good day.

Ruldra

Wow, excellent job RAR. That's one hell of an accomplishment  :righton:

jpj

first night with the jap pcb:

JPJ - 8,851,640 - 1-5 - Bolt / Rivet - jpj

RAR

Bold score for a first night. Keep it up!

jpj

well, i have played the US one a bit on my mate's psp

i take it bolt/rivet is a good survival type ship (very powerful), but i want to learn to score well too.  is ring/chain the way to go?

p.s. you forgot to call me a jessyboy  =D

RAR

There's more information on pilot / gunner matchup here from Valgar's post: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=91981#91981

Another one by AWJ for more clarification on the matchups: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=92282#92282

I personally prefer Ring / Chain combo, but that's just me because I've been playing with them for so long. Futobishi uses Ring / Nail in his 270M ALL video, but I don't know what pilot / gunner R. or Clover-TAC used to set WR scores.

jpj

awesome, cheers

also, is there any advantage to the split gunner formation?  you made a post in that thread saying you seemed to be doing much better with that, just curious why that is

and the jewel streaming, do you have to have a certain jewel value for it to work?  i usually get to the end of stage 1 with about 4000 and can't get it to work   :(  i'm in the right place, and obviously you shoot some tans with C, then switch to A.  am i correct in thinking that you would then release the A button...?

???

RAR

That was when I was fucking around with Progear at the beginning when I was starting to understand the game, but obviously it's just gimmick and I feel that split gunner formation doesn't really do anything. Maybe I'm wrong and it does have its own benefits, but I've never noticed it at all myself.

You'd need to have high jewel counter for bigger gem radius to initiate the jewel streaming. Yeah, you'd need to let go of the A button and let the radius do its work. Try watching Futobishi's video and see how he does it.... That's what I did and it took me many tries to get it done right. I can't do it as well as he can do, but I can pull in some streams from time to time depending on my placement and how good my run is.

There was a post somewhere, I think here or on Shmups forum, that explained the streaming bit better.

Edit: Here's is Futobishi's suggestion for the first stage: http://www.arcade-extreme.com/ast/guides/progear_futobishi_eng.htm#stage1

The rest of the guide from Futobishi here: http://www.arcade-extreme.com/ast/guides/progear_futobishi_eng.htm

jpj

thanks.  i already had the futobishi guide (he seems like a funny character from this and the ketsui interview), and i just downloaded his video off super-play.  i thought i had it before, but it's the unknown player one that i've got, so i'll have to give this a watch, and probably pester you with more questions later  :)

jpj

just watched the futobishi video...   :o

i'd never heard of anyone jewel streaming the train thing on stage 2... crazy.  other highlights were the way he handles the last attack of the stage 3 boss, and what he does on stage 4 when fighting the two helicopters simultaneously.  but why does he use mostly C button on the bosses?  does it do more damage at close range than holding A? 

KOA

Quote from: jpj on September 18, 2008, 08:42:17 PM
does it do more damage at close range than holding A? 

WAY more.
I just got this score today, so....
KOA - 30,767,960 - 2-3 - Ring / Nail [JP]

Ruldra

sikraiken just pulled out a 155M 2-ALL on shmups forum.

That makes the new western record I guess...that guy is a beast.

RAR

Yep. I don't have any plans on playing Progear anymore, nor do I intend on beating that score at all. :)

markedkiller78

I?ve just started to play this again. God I suck.

The first time I had the game I didn?t bother to score & could easily get to the Level 4 boss, now I?m a total gimp. L2-L3 boss & I?m done :(

My score is in the region of 1.5-2m lol. I?m off to read the Futobishi strat guide now