Author Topic: Cave's plans through May 2010  (Read 1900 times)

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Ultra Member
Cave's plans through May 2010
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
As long-time readers of the site will know, Cave periodically releases their plans for the rest of the fiscal year on their website in PDF format, for all share-holders (and curious Westerners such as myself) to download and read. I of course jump on this and translate the relevant juicy bits for the fine folks here. Their latest was just posted a few days ago:

http://www.cave.co.jp/ir/archives/ir/pdf/2009/ir091022.pdf

Relevant juicy bits:

1)No new arcade titles are mentioned or planned
2)Instead, they emphasize how well the ports have sold, they mention how Futari 1.5 is doing well in preorders, and they state (on pg 19) that "we plan to unleash numerous new ports during this period".

Since the only other officially announced ports are Galuda 2 and DS2 (and maybe Guwange XBLA, if you want to count that), there must be at least a few others since they said "numerous".

I'll put money on Daifukkatsu.
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline brentsg

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ultra Member
Re: Cave's plans through May 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »
Thanks for the translated bits.

I'd like to see them keep looking forward to new arcade titles, but at the same time it would be awesome to have proper ports of their entire catalog.

Offline ave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
Actually it doesn't strike me too hard that no new games are being mentioned, I am not that eager to see new titles running on the DS2 hardware anyway. Now if they tried to milk their past game catalog with oncoming ports, okay for me (I'd probably buy a couple), but I'd love to see them doing some HD-2D stuff in "Futari 1.5"- or "Ketsui-render-style".
東亜プラン4ライフ

Offline HVL

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »
Thanks for the latest bits as always, EOJ.

DFK is pretty much guaranteed (and that's awesome) but I'm here hoping for retail MMP. =D

Offline adverse

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ultra Member
  • BULLETS TURN TO GOLD
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
This report also mentions that their rental plan with arcade owners seems to have flopped.  :-\

Had they done it with DFK, I think they would have had a winner but DS2 was just betting on the wrong horse.

Wonder what happened to 1機投入 (new arcade title) mentioned in the last IR report?

Offline bcass

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Maniac Member
    • Project AY
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »
Is this the beginning of the end for the shmup PCB?

Offline SuperPang

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ultra Member
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 07:33:15 AM »
Would scorers put the effort in with straight to console releases? Despite the leaderboards I'm not sure they would. Cave are built on their arcade faithful. There's still good money there if they release a polished and attractive product this time. I can't see them wasting all that money on developing new hardware for one game. At least the ports might give them time to develop it further.

Offline neomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 05:31:15 PM »
Thanks for the latest bits as always, EOJ.

DFK is pretty much guaranteed (and that's awesome) but I'm here hoping for retail MMP. =D

My sentiments exactly.

Also, does the report make any mention of the  NDS and it's future w/ Cave?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ketsui Death Label supposed to get (or perhaps already has) gotten a reprinting?  That, coupled with the fact of that there was that new DSi downloadable game makes me curious/eager to hear if they have any plans for any additional NDS releases.   Progear.  Yeah, I play it all the time on my PSP, but I'd really love an official retail version.

Offline gsl

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
Did I somehow sleep through the DS2 port announcement, or was that done in the report?  Any details yet?

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »
They mentioned they plan to port DS2 awhile back, but they haven't talked about it since, as they're busy with Futari and Galuda 2. No details yet, don't expect it until sometime in the second half of next year.
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline gsl

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 08:52:11 PM »
Ah, okay.  I just thought there was some sort of bigger announcement that I had somehow missed.  Can't say I'm really mustering a whole lot of frothing demand for the game, even if it would get the hypothetical region free treatment.  I'm much more interested to see if anything comes of Cave's hints towards a potential Deathsmiles localization, but I figure that goes without saying for a lot of people.

Offline SuperPang

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ultra Member
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 07:47:26 AM »
Xmas 2010, surely