Main Menu

New CAVE Vertical Shooter

Started by adverse, October 30, 2009, 05:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Mentioned  in the Famitsu 360 interview with Asada (and actually, in the Kotaku interview awhile back as well I think).

16:9 in full screen.  Asada says he wants to go with a mecha design but he's not sure if CAVE will let him. 

Will have more information on this in the future.

He also mentions that CAVE's next arcade game will be a hori, though there's no more info than this.  Was gonna start a new thread for that too, but that's just a bit too thin for information.   :laugh:

adverse

BTW, this is inferred as being on 360.

KOMA

That's a lot of information for today,thx adverse   =D

antares

Quote from: adverse on October 30, 2009, 05:53:21 AM
16:9 in full screen.

Yoko or Tate format? I'm not sure if a Yoko vertical shooter could work well in 16:9.

SuperPang

If the arcade game is Deathsmiles 3 I'm going to kill myself.

The 360 game sounds interesting although 1942 Joint Strike kinda proved 16:9 verts don't work. It'll need a gimmick.

adverse

Quote from: antares on October 30, 2009, 07:23:51 AM
16:9 in full screen.

Yoko or Tate format? I'm not sure if a Yoko vertical shooter could work well in 16:9.

He definitely said Tate.

SuperPang

Really? Yoko mode is going to suck.

GaijinPunch

16:9 Tate?  That's arcade game, I hope.  Or maybe TATE gameplay and yoko screen config?

THE

Quote from: SuperPang on October 30, 2009, 07:24:59 AM

The 360 game sounds interesting although 1942 Joint Strike kinda proved 16:9 verts don't work. It'll need a gimmick.

That doesn't proof much, as Cave is not some random western shareware/download developer.

Creating a vertical shmup for the homemarket doesn't sound like a good plan though...
16:9 will always work better for horis, that's quite given by it's nature.
The future is 2D

GaijinPunch

It's for PSP.  I'll start taking action now...
I can feel it in my right ball.

EOJ

Quote from: SuperPang on October 30, 2009, 07:24:59 AM

We'll probably get Deathsmiles 2 Super Duper Black Label (Update 4, ver 7.0) before DS3.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Runefaust

Ill cross my fingers for Progear 2 :)

Thanks for the news dude!

adverse

Runefaust

Yeah! I dont want any Windows PC hanging up all the time :P

bucklemyshoe

Megalixir

I have absolutely no clue what this could be. Progear 2 would be nice, but I'm thinking it's something completely new.

drboom

Runefaust

Ketsui in horizontal would be interesting :)

brentsg

Several of you guys (heh prob all of you guys) know the Japanese arcade scene better than I do.  To me it seems that if Cave wants to go to the bank with a slam dunk title (post DS II), they need to revisit a solid game from the past.

So I'm thinking they should release a Ketsui Black Label game based upon the original, but tweaked in gameplay and graphics...  and on the SH3 platform.  Of course they wouldn't want to do the limited Black Label production run, they'd want to do a full release.

Would something like this go over, or has Ketsui been just "done" in Japan?  Is it just a cult classic in the West or do fans in Japan get rabid over it as well?

Megalixir

Quote from: brentsg on November 03, 2009, 03:48:32 PMIs it just a cult classic in the West or do fans in Japan get rabid over it as well?

Even moreso.

I'm sure Ikeda has considered Ketsui 2 already, but the demand is so high and it's really easy to make a sequel that isn't as good as the original. It would be nice though.

neomoe

Mentioned  in the Famitsu 360 interview with Asada (and actually, in the Kotaku interview awhile back as well I think).

16:9 in full screen.  Asada says he wants to go with a mecha design but he's not sure if CAVE will let him.  

mark my words....this new xbox 360 game will be a muchi muchi pork sequel.

i can feel it in my bonesssssss....

....just think how cool it could be....Mecha Muchi Muchi Pork  
awesome!
:righton:

skykid

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

PsychoDiver

CAVE and mecha sounds like a sweet combo. A Progear sequel would be nice, but I think that is a long shot as much as I love the sound of it. I could see the girls from Deathsmiles piloting Gundam suits before that happens...