Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu BLACK LABEL [Cave 2010, PCB]

Started by zlk, December 07, 2009, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlk

EOJ

Oh my.  :o One last SH3 game, I guess.

Location test is 12/11~12/17, @HEY, Akihabara.
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/daifukkatu/bl_location_test.html
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

adverse

EOJ

I can just see it now: DDPDFK ver 1.5 X360 port announced for summer/fall 2010. Ver 1.0 via DLC card that half of the foreigners don't get, and Black Label via paid DLC.  

The pattern prevails.
My score archive

brentsg

So DS is a hit on SH3... But DSII was on a clusterfuck AMD Windows XP box.

But the BL for DFK is back on SH3...  Can I take this as a sign of future SH3 development?? Pretty please?

EOJ

Quote from: brentsg on December 07, 2009, 09:36:38 PM

But the BL for DFK is back on SH3...  Can I take this as a sign of future SH3 development?? Pretty please?

Well it doesn't actually say it's on SH3 so I'm making an educated guess, but I don't see why they'd transfer the game to their clunky new system when they have all the code on the SH3 board. Wouldn't make much sense.

As for DSII, while the hardware might not be so hot, the game is. I think it's one of Cave's best games ever, actually, and I like it more than DDPDFK.
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on December 07, 2009, 09:40:07 PM

As for DSII, while the hardware might not be so hot, the game is. I think it's one of Cave's best games ever, actually, and I like it more than DDPDFK.

I loled.  I do like DS II though.

DFK Black Label probably:

・Gets rid of auto-bomb
・Takes out a few styles/adds some?
・Beefs up A-type (moves options down?)
・Includes some sort of overall counter to punish the shit out of you if you die or bomb, although you are already punished brutally as-is
・Tames boss-milking by boosting ship power, but adds in some deliberate milking patterns that can be used at limits (like the squid milking in Futari)
・Picking up bees functions like DOJ

Above is pure speculation.  You guys?

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on December 07, 2009, 09:34:48 PM
I can just see it now: DDPDFK ver 1.5 X360 port announced for summer/fall 2010. Ver 1.0 via DLC card that half of the foreigners don't get, and Black Label via paid DLC.  

The pattern prevails.

:righton:   ....and HD graphics of course. =D

EOJ

I hope it gets rid of the 2-loops, and just makes two separate courses (Normal and Hard). Or at least gives you the option to do a 1-ALL with the TLB at the end, like DDPDOJBL.

Bomb style will be gone probably, just power and strong. Multipliers should go up (way up).

Quote from: adverse on December 07, 2009, 11:01:46 PM
Quote from: EOJ on December 07, 2009, 09:40:07 PM

I loled.  I do like DS II though.

Nothing funny about liking a quality game.  :) I find DDPDFK quite boring now (both to play, and to watch). Last time I played my chain broke in stage 4 and I just walked away from the machine, letting it autobomb itself into oblivion while a few Japanese dudes looked on with languid stares.

My score archive

adverse

That's what you get for playing Bomb mode.  =D

Judging from the early AOU vids of Daifukkatsu, CAVE had designed a quite different game from the one we got, so I'm sure there are no shortage of ideas of what to put into Black Label.

brentsg

Not to mention, regardless of what they do with BL PCB there are tons of things that could make it into 360 port arrange modes.   :righton:

bucklemyshoe

MrTie

So how much did new sh3 kits run for in the past out of curiosity? I hope we get some footage this weekend.

GaijinPunch

If they don't get rid of autobomb, I will lose all hope.

grotto

This is great news, and I am pretty optimistic about it all. (SH3, BL tweaking, future 360 port)  =D

SuperPang

Quote from: MrTie on December 08, 2009, 02:00:34 AM
So how much did new sh3 kits run for in the past out of curiosity? I hope we get some footage this weekend.
220-260,000 Yen depending where you buy from.

Fantastic news. I had resigned myself to the fact this would never happen. I always said I would rather have a DFK BL than DS BL (I still don't own that!) If they lose autobomb altogether, colour me interested. It's a good way to use up the last SH-3 PCBs, I wonder if it'll have a genuinely limited print run for once?

fuse

Quote from: EOJ on December 07, 2009, 09:34:48 PM

The pattern prevails.
Fingers crossed for us paupers who can't buy boards!

StarCreator

DFK Black Label probably:

・Gets rid of auto-bomb
・Takes out a few styles/adds some?
・Beefs up A-type (moves options down?)
・Includes some sort of overall counter to punish the shit out of you if you die or bomb, although you are already punished brutally as-is
・Tames boss-milking by boosting ship power, but adds in some deliberate milking patterns that can be used at limits (like the squid milking in Futari)
・Picking up bees functions like DOJ

Above is pure speculation.  You guys?

Speaking as someone whose only experience with the game is attempting to watch the superplay DVD (and it makes the game look like a complete clusterfuck), I think the number one change on my list would be to make the bosses actually time out, rather than leaving them open to seemingly endless milking.  I'm not sure if increasing ship power would be enough to curb the milking without a ~5 minute or so timeout... and I'm sure arcade operators would be glad to have that change in as well for profit's sake.

adverse

Really there should have been a black label like a year ago.

GaijinPunch

QuoteI wonder if it'll have a genuinely limited print run for once?
Stop smoking crack please.

drboom

Obligatory "maybe the plain jane version will drop in price" post.

Haven't noticed what hey are going for recently or if anyone still had new kits in stock. Changed jobs, rough month, trying not to look at pcb's...

brentsg

Quote from: drboom on December 09, 2009, 11:00:31 AM

Haven't noticed what hey are going for recently or if anyone still had new kits in stock. Changed jobs, rough month, trying not to look at pcb's...

I thought you got an awesome new job..

They are still available new for ~$1400+ shipped in HK.  They don't tend to change hands much on the used market, though a couple did pop in Europe lately.  YAJ has had some expensive ones, and even one in the signed Cave box. 

moozooh

Above is pure speculation.  You guys?

Type/style rebalancing is a given, I believe. It can be that the scoring is made more lenient, which seems to be the prevalent trend. Boss timeout is a must-have feature (milking has always been a drag, no matter how you look at it), but I'm not really sure it will be implemented. The Bomb style will likely stay, although I don't see much reason for it since the introduction of the Strong style. New patterns will definitely take place; probably higher rank cap as well with faster bullet speed and/or reduced hyper invincibility time. I do expect that the game will slow down even more than vanilla DFK: SH3 definitely can't handle that much.

In fact, I'm interested what an Arrange mode can bring to the table that the game doesn't already have (I mean, it's raining hypers, there's an autobomb and finally a Batsugun Strong style with over-the-top firepower and tons of bombs).
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

cstarflare

I think it'd be nice to see things be more DOJ-esque; make hypers bullet cancel when activated, take out bullet canceling properties of the shot but let it still increase the hit count and provide incentives for pushing the hit count as high as possible (even if just in the stage bonus, to promote people trying to no bomb bosses).

GaijinPunch

I want the 1.0 AM Show version cock lasers.  Those rocked.

drboom

Quote from: brentsg on December 09, 2009, 11:54:15 AM
Quote from: drboom on December 09, 2009, 11:00:31 AM

I thought you got an awesome new job..

They are still available new for ~$1400+ shipped in HK.  They don't tend to change hands much on the used market, though a couple did pop in Europe lately.  YAJ has had some expensive ones, and even one in the signed Cave box. 

I did actually get a super awesome new job, but there was a break between jobs and its like missing a paycheck, so I had some make-up to do. :)

I actually wake up happy to go to work now.

adverse

Location test report:

A different game.
Enemy positioning and some bullet patterns remaining the same, but boss patterns changed across all modes.
Bomb and Power are similar to 1.5, however there seems to basically be no bullet milking in these modes at all.  Canceling bullets does not seem to increase chain.
Many enemies now blow up, which results in bullets -> star point items.

If you want to know what this game plays like, think Aa! Mujou! Setsuna! wherein killing some enemies cancels the bullets they produced and turns them into items which jacks up your chain.

Holding laser now not only gets you a laser but also shoots a shot around your ship.

STRONG is the mode of choice at the moment.  This is like Daifukkatsu Maniac mode with tough bullet patterns but rewarding bomb effect bullet cancelling which leads to higher chains.

There is a red meter called 烈怒 (I believe) which seems to be a rank bar a la Ibara Black Label.  However its effects on gameplay were uncertain.  I did notice some enemies producing more bullets.

The function of hyper across all modes was a little obscure.

A bunch of sick players were at HEY tonight.  When we left, Kaneda had the high score for B ship in Strong, congrats man.

I would bet money this game was programmed in part by Yagawa.

MrTie

Animaitor, over at shmups,  Grabbed 10+ min of footage, once youtube finishes processing it will be in a HD quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLI8e_DOp9c&fmt=22

Looks cool.

EDIT: 2nd vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezOJPhjA788&fmt=22

drboom

That test loke poster is awesome. Someone snag that shit for me!  =D

I kind like that they toned down the hit counter.