Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu BLACK LABEL [Cave 2010, PCB]

Started by zlk, December 07, 2009, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krokounleashed

Quote from: Kewing on January 13, 2010, 08:01:35 AM
I wouldn't say very poor, but more like unfitting. Half of it sounds a bit too "happy" and more suited to games like Mushihime (stage2, no comment....). Still, the trhowbacks to previous songs in the series when you trigger the old DDP bosses are awesomely done, and the boss themes are actually real good, mostly the LastBoss and TLB.
i second that. The Bee Dance sound is so awesome.

Kewing

Quote from: bcass on January 13, 2010, 08:06:25 AM
I do like the true last boss music, there's something really manic about it, especially when the voice kicks-in, but I was very unimpressed by the rest of it.  When you compare it all the the brilliant DOJ OST, I think it pales a lot.

I do have to agree a bit there, DOJ's soundtrack is of legendary status, and that's one of reasons why DFK's just can't top it. Still, it has a couple of nice homages and cool tracks, like the bosses (I actually like the LB one even more), and stage4 and Stage5 (this one eventually grew on me, even if it couldn't get up there with the original on DOJ).

GaijinPunch

I'm going to have to refer everyone to the post at shmups... I think it was by 8 1/2 in reference to game music.

The party just didn't get going we played the 4th stage boss track...

Other than like 2 songs, I just can't get into game music.  And even as far as listening to music IN the game which I generally don't mind, I'm going to have to say that Manabu Namiki (Basiscape) has far more forgettable and awful tunes than good ones.

EOJ

Yeah, game music is good while playing the games, but I'd never listen to it outside of the games. Just as I wouldn't listen to muzak outside of an elevator or department store.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on January 13, 2010, 08:30:37 PM
Yeah, game music is good while playing the games, but I'd never listen to it outside of the games. Just as I wouldn't listen to muzak outside of an elevator or department store.

Totally agreed.  I play the thing over and over again.  Why would I want to hear that music while I'm not playing it?

Kewing

Guess I'm the really odd one of the bunch, then? :P
I've been a VGM enthusiast since years and years ago, so it's to be expected. To each their own, I guess?

Monouchi

Nah, Im with you Kewing.
Lots of VGM goes through my winamp at work every day.

Sometimes when I feel slow I just blast some ESPII Boss music or Ketsui Boss music to my ears.
...really gets my work going...and me scanning the office for things coming at me that I can dodge.  :P

rtw

Quote from: Kewing on January 14, 2010, 03:16:10 AM
Guess I'm the really odd one of the bunch, then? :P
I've been a VGM enthusiast since years and years ago, so it's to be expected. To each their own, I guess?

I'm a VGM addict as well, just now it's Raiden III and the stgc09 album (http://world-of-arcades.net/stgc09/)!

On a sidenote the DDP DFK BL gets released on the 20'th of January 2010.
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

My score archive

moebinkay

I was wondering if anyone knows the plot of DFK? looks interesting

Also some of the bosses I saw on caves official website were not available on DFK when I played it. The bosses I meant the sub-bosses which were originally leval bosses from DoDonPachi and DDP DOJ. Is there some sort of secret turn?

zlk

lmagus

Hive

gaming OSTs aren't just 'bleeps and bloops' anymore.
Count me in as someone who listens to game music all the time!

In fact, some of the best music out there come straight from video games! (IMO)  :righton:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

grotto

cstarflare

The Pink Sweets soundtrack pretty good for a quick sugar rush but other than that there's usually a maximum of one good track per cave game.

ookitarepanda

A new soundtrack huh? I really like DFK's soundtrack. Stage 3 and 4 are awesome, and Element Daughter (Boss of 2,4,5) is just plain incredible. Then again, people don't like music with guitars anymore...

brentsg

So isn't this supposed to release tomorrow?

What does that mean to the folks in Japan who have access to the nifty arcades?

EOJ

Quote from: brentsg on January 19, 2010, 11:23:51 PM
So isn't this supposed to release tomorrow?

Yep.

What does that mean to the folks in Japan who have access to the nifty arcades?

Non-stop niftiness from this day forward, I'd presume.
My score archive

brentsg

Ha, well I meant..  can they actually play this tomorrow, or is tomorrow the day things start to ship out and such?

I'm anxious to hear folks opinions of the finished game but I don't know anything about the distribution chain.

EOJ

The hip joints (like Hey! in Akiba) should have it right now (it's the 20th in Japan). Some may have to wait until the 21st.

I too am looking forward to impressions of the final build. Time to start scouring nico douga!
My score archive

brentsg

I'd imagine adverse has a backpack full of coins ready to go?

I'm also looking forward to seeing the poster for the kit.  That last festival poster for DFK is awesome.

adverse

I'm only going to need one coin.   >:D

...until I need another one.

Ey yo but yeah I'll be spending some time on it from tomorrow and then the weekend.

Monouchi

adverse

Played a couple credits on my lunch break.

Extends at 5 bil and 50 bil.  

Certain enemies have bullet canceling properties when hit with your shot or laser while in RED mode (holding down both laser and shot).  When both are not held down, bullets will not cancel.
If you have a full RED meter on some of the later bosses, they can be really tough, especially since hyper doesn't seem to recharge as fast.

Was also surprised to see my hyper meter disappear when I filled it up?  Maybe it gets added as a "stock" somewhere.  Didn't have time to confirm.

Soundtrack is gdlk this time.  Crunchy electro sounds (almost like Kitsune stuff if people know what that is).  If the soundtrack comes out, it may be the first game soundtrack I buy without the motivation for a pervy figure.

adverse

A few other comments: the bullet milking seems to be gone for good, replaced with a strategy of letting bullets build up on screen and then canceling them with RED shot.

It's sort of like EspGaluda without Kakusei, and when the bullets really build up you're going to need to innovate your dodging quite unlike a Pachi game, which until now have relied on rigid positioning.

In this sense I find it a lot more fun than 1.5 already.

brentsg

Monouchi

adverse

EOJ

Ah, clever thing they did there with the autobomb. If you turn autobomb OFF, whenever you press the bomb button it triggers a hyper instead. So basically you have no traditional bombs at all when you turn autobomb off. If you have autobomb ON, it just acts as an autobomb, and you don't get these extra, stored hypers. Of course you manually trigger bombs as usual with autobomb on as well.

I was hoping they'd do something like this. They're rewarding the scorers with autobomb off (I'm sure those extra hypers will come in handy), while still helping out the scrubs with autobomb on.
My score archive

Kewing

So you mean that hypers actually get stocked ala DOJ? (Random question: does DFK share the same button for hyper and bombs? or are they separate?). I think I welcome this change.

Thanks for adverse for the impressions, interesting they did something similar to Galuda. This has yet to be the revision with most modifications to the original game yet in a CAVE game, with that and the RED meter.
Hope videos will start popping up on Nico douga soon! (I'm also excited about the soundtrack ;))