Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu BLACK LABEL [Cave 2010, PCB]

Started by zlk, December 07, 2009, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: brentsg on February 06, 2010, 11:35:08 AM
Quote from: zlk on February 06, 2010, 09:40:19 AM
This has to be Yagawa's best game:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9617421

Wow that's awesome.  Not to make his head bigger, but I think EOJ called this one.

Adverse called it, actually:

Quote from: adverse on December 11, 2009, 10:14:54 AM

I would bet money this game was programmed in part by Yagawa.

I said it may not be Yagawa because it sounded similar to Ibara Kuro, which Yagawa did not program.  ;)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Aw heck, sorry.  Should have gone back to check.   Actually shouldn't post at all before I have my morning caffeine. 

zlk

Why doesn't this guy get the 1st hidden midboss? http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9623368

The rest of the videos in this series are pretty impressive.  :righton:

brentsg

I find that getting the first alternate mid-boss on BL bomb mode is more difficult than it was in 1.5.  I guess it's possible that I'm just too focused on timing the early bees just right.

Adverse, do folks tend to grab the first couple bees as yellow, or as green to charge the hyper?

Edit:  Finally got a Nico account setup..  so much easier.

adverse

Zlk, because he used hyper.  Honestly if you're doing a survival run in Strong mode, going into Ura is not in your best interest.  Incidentally I'm not sure of the point of Ura on ANY mode.  The only stage where you really get a lot of points for it is 3 with all the extra tanks, plus two bees and mid-boss.

Quote from: brentsg on February 06, 2010, 02:14:20 PM
I find that getting the first alternate mid-boss on BL bomb mode is more difficult than it was in 1.5.  I guess it's possible that I'm just too focused on timing the early bees just right.

Adverse, do folks tend to grab the first couple bees as yellow, or as green to charge the hyper?

Edit:  Finally got a Nico account setup..  so much easier.

I've only really see people playing Power and Strong so far, so it's hard to say.  I imagine though that you're going to want the bees at yellow or white though since you've got to get through the first section with a full hyper meter.  Hyper will come just by using Red shot.

brentsg

とかで大復活のDPをupしていた者です。
この頃に1Pはショット・2Pはレーザーで重ねて攻撃して遊んでいたら、BLで普通に実装されてしまいました。

Can someone translate the basic meaning of his comments about 2 player mode pretty please?

EOJ

Quote from: brentsg on February 07, 2010, 12:57:16 PM
とかで大復活のDPをupしていた者です。
この頃に1Pはショット・2Pはレーザーで重ねて攻撃して遊んでいたら、BLで普通に実装されてしまいました。

Can someone translate the basic meaning of his comments about 2 player mode pretty please?

He just says he's been playing Double Play by having the 1P use shot and the 2nd player use laser.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Ah so not much there, thanks.  Here's what I had gotten from a web translate..

The large back up or is the person who has the DP.
By this time the shot 1P and 2P is playing if attacked repeatedly with a laser, BL I is implemented normally.

brentsg

For what it's worth, I could not get the "Yagawa mode" to work on DFKBL so I do not think that it was included.

This would be the special version detailed here:  http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29670

Kaneda

Stopped by HEY this afternoon and saw some 1.2 trillion scores with B-power saved on the boards. The top A-P and C-P scores were maybe 60% of that...

adverse

Quote from: Kaneda on February 12, 2010, 07:30:46 AM
Stopped by HEY this afternoon and saw some 1.2 trillion scores with B-power saved on the boards. The top A-P and C-P scores were maybe 60% of that...

There's a reason for that...  :-\

zlk

What is the reason?  Also has anyone heard anything about a second loop or a new secret tlb?

adverse

So I got my soundtrack today, track 15 is Zatsuza (Secret) which seems to be a new TLB track.  Crazy breakcore track 1:21 long, probably loops like the Hibachi track. 

Brutal audio.

necpmf

:'(

Still waiting for someone to rip+upload (or sell me one)  :rolleyes:. The new stage 5 song sounds sooo sick in the videos, better than the original, and it was my favorite in the original too!  :righton:

moozooh

Quote from: zlk on February 15, 2010, 10:45:17 AM
What is the reason?

You can press against the side of the screen when using a hyper to point the shot away, effectively letting dozens of enemies stay alive and shoot non-stop streams of bullets to be canceled into medals by the remaining part of your shot. You can't quite do that with A and especially C types since they just destroy everything in their way.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

AKraten

Mine should be here soon ,
this game looks so awesome!

cstarflare

So has anyone uncovered a new TLB yet? Given recent BL trends I'm sure the criteria is ridiculous, but it's been a few months now.

Medal

Quote from: cstarflare on September 21, 2010, 10:04:12 AM
So has anyone uncovered a new TLB yet? Given recent BL trends I'm sure the criteria is ridiculous, but it's been a few months now.

Looks like Zatsuza (Secret) is just a giant troll. I still hope they find a new TLB or something, though.

Strider77

QuoteMine should be here soon ,

did you own 1.5 also at some point? if you did be sure to contrast the two....    be brutal and honest of what you thought of both.

skykid

Quote from: Strider77 on September 24, 2010, 01:42:51 AM
QuoteMine should be here soon ,

did you own 1.5 also at some point? if you did be sure to contrast the two....    be brutal and honest of what you thought of both.

Yep, I'd like to hear this feedback too!
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Monouchi

Not sure this is the right part of the forum, but..

I am looking for a HQ scan of the marquee/instruction strip etc of DFK BL.
I need it for some art I am doing.

Anyone that can scan theirs or know where i could find any?

GaijinPunch

I can probably provide something.  Gotta be Black Label?

Monouchi

Quote from: GaijinPunch on October 18, 2010, 06:58:52 AM
I can probably provide something.  Gotta be Black Label?

Very nice of you if you could.  :)

Yes, Im doing a DFK Black Label theme.
Also gonna try to translate the text.

brentsg

Monouchi

Quote from: brentsg on October 18, 2010, 09:27:47 AM
I can scan mine if you aren't in a huge hurry.

Fantastic.
I am in no hurry at all. I will also try to find someone who can translate the text. (My japanese is not so good..)

emphatic

Quote from: Monouchi on October 18, 2010, 09:29:29 AM

Fantastic.
I am in no hurry at all. I will also try to find someone who can translate the text. (My japanese is not so good..)

For my Ketsui move strip translation I just copy/pasted the info from CAVE's corresponding game info web page into Google Translate and then "fixed it" with common sense. In your case, for each part of the move strip you want to translate, find the fitting picture here: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/daifukkatu/black/index.html and use a web tool.

Monouchi

Quote from: emphatic on October 18, 2010, 09:52:37 AM

Fantastic.

For my Ketsui move strip translation I just copy/pasted the info from CAVE's corresponding game info web page into Google Translate and then "fixed it" with common sense. In your case, for each part of the move strip you want to translate, find the fitting picture here: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/daifukkatu/black/index.html and use a web tool.

Great tip Emph!  Thanks. =D
Too bad the text is in the pic....no ctrl-c ....

emphatic

brentsg

Fantastic.

Well I can't translate but I'll try to get the item scanned in the next 48 hours.  It won't take long to scan but everything's stored away.  Just finished a huge landscaping project and I'm generally all covered in dirt and mud from watering.  It's not condusive to handling any precious Cave kits.   :laugh:

brentsg

Fantastic.

Sticker posted in URA Loop:
http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1059.0

Rest of my art is stored elsewhere but I'll dig it out soon.