Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5, ver 1.01, & BL Xbox 360 port accuracy

Started by EOJ, December 13, 2009, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I will use this thread to post inaccuracies I find in the Futari 1.5 port, as compared to the PCB original. Others are welcome to post any findings they also have (those who have had extensive experience with the PCB, of course). So far, I have found the following in the port:

VER 1.5
Arcade/360 - Original
-Missing slowdown on the stage 3 boss (first and second phases)
-Has some extra slowdown in stages 3-5.

Arcade/360 - Maniac
-More slowdown in stage 3 in crucial scoring spots (hives, large ground bugs)
-A bit more slowdown in other spots in stages 3-5.

360 - Ultra
-Pattern before the first midboss is too fast

Arcade/360 - Ultra
-Later levels have more slowdown than the PCB

VER 1.5 summary of the ver 1.5 slowdown accuracy: this port is not perfect, but it's quite acceptable. So far I'd rate it a B in port quality (in comparison Deathsmiles (Arcade mode) and Espgaluda both get an A).
--

VER 1.01

-Noticable increase in slowdown in stages 3 & 4, making them easier compared to the ver 1.0 PCB.

BLACK LABEL
I haven't noticed any differences between 360 and Arcade mode accuracy yet.

Original

-X360 port has extra slowdown during the last phase of Stage 3 boss (the slowdown in the other phases is basically the same as the PCB).
-Bits here and there in Stages 4 and 5 are slightly different in slowdown - sometimes the X360 port has a bit more, sometimes it has a bit less.
-X360 port felt a little faster in parts of stage 5 with a 100K+ counter.

Maniac
-Some slight differences here and there in stages 3-5.

God
-Overall a good port
-Extra slowdown just as the stage 1 boss appears
-Missing some slowdown on Stage 1
-Some extra slowdown in later levels
-Stage 3 boss fight first phase feels a bit faster
-Extra slowdown during the start of the last phase of the stage 5 boss when using Reco
-Extra slowdown during last phase of TLB fight when using Reco

BL Summary: Overall a great port. Not perfect, but quite acceptable.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Ast-Kot

I think that cave must release a patch to fix also the BL version's slowdown...I found also some slowdown on the 4? stage original mode when the big worm comes out from the left and right side of the stage... ???

After playing some credits on Bl I think that there are a lot of slowdown exceeding the slowdown of the pcb in original and God mode (although I've played god mode for only one week to try it while I was in Japan I don't remenber these frustrating slowdown on the attack of the second boss :() I've a bad feeling about it cause it not seems to be a very slowdown but something that goes wrong in the game.. :-\
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Ast-Kot

Maybe if someone on this forum that have both the version of BL (pcb/360) could test it and report if there is something wrong in the game....I repeat that I've played the game not so much to confirm at 100% but playing the BL port I've not the same feeling of the pcb...I've played god mode 1 month ago and I don't remenber such slowdown fighting the second boss....Maybe it's only a bad feeling and I hope that this will be a bad feeling.... :-\ I search on some japanese blogs that normally pay attention at the quality of the ports but the did not say anithing about that till now. In the BL pcb there are a lot of slowdown to allow the player with an high rank to dodge the bullets but in the port the problem that I ve report is the movement of the slowdown

EOJ

I'll test the BL (and ver 1.0(1)) port/PCB differences right when I get back to Hawaii in about two and a half weeks. GP could also test.

My score archive

EOJ

New blog post from Mihara, discussing Black Label slowdown accuracy in the port:

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid10354.html

He says "I can only say that fundamentally the slowdown is totally different. [BL slowdown in the port is very inaccurate compared to the PCB] not only in the boss fights but in the stages as well". He also comments on the strange number of (Japanese) people interested in BL slowdown accuracy, while almost none of them are asking or talking about ver 1.5 slowdown accuracy. He doesn't know why people are only interested in BL when it comes to these matters!
My score archive

Ast-Kot

Read today the Mihara blog post....So it's official now that the innacuracy of slowdown of the BL port versione it's not only a mine's bad impression..Speaking about the fact that japanese player don't say anything about the 1.5 vers slowdonwns I think that these slowdown is not so innacurate as the BL are. I've played also with reko on BL original mode and I can say that there is a different slowdowns if you compare to Palm.
We should wait news from M2 :'(

antares

Quote from: Ast-Kot on December 14, 2009, 04:00:04 AM
I've a bad feeling about it cause it not seems to be a very slowdown but something that goes wrong in the game.. :-\

I haven't played the PCB of BL (only Ver 1.5) but that's exactly what I meant when I was saying that I think the slowdown is some sort of bug (in the Cave Games forum -> Futari 360 thread). It really feels totally weird and my first thought when I played it was that this can't be what the PCB feels like.

Ast-Kot

Ive never really understand if all the slowdown of cave's game pcb are the desired effect of the game's programmers. In some spots of the games, I think, that the slowdown are caused by an hardware (SH3) overloaded problem bound right to a great number of bullets and enemies floating on stage and that the hardware can not correctly menage as well. But in some spot I think that the programmers, for some reasons, introduce a sorte of slowdown to help the players pass through a difficult bullets pattern. Otherwise, the slowdowns helps you understanding when moving or fire to obtain a well defined goal. The second stage is an example; at the first stalagmite, if you see a replay you can notice it, the player wait whitout firing, while the jellyfish start floating from the stalagmite, at the end-left side of the screen a little slowdown to start fire. If you start fire before these little slowdown you fail the correct execution of the pattern for reach a good counter at the stalagmite's explosion.
Maybe all the people that are playing BL now and the have never played it on pcb could not noticed these kind of differences and they could think that these slowdown are a sort "bugs" or a problem connected whit the game's code. Also the ps2 mushi's port soffered of these kind of not accurate slowdonw in some spot of the games; fortunately, for 360's game there are patch that could fix it asap ^-^

EOJ

This is the only footage of God mode I've been able to find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ch9KaNbayQ

It shows the first two stages. The slowdown looks more or less identical to the PCB, to my eyes (similar to the ver 1.5 accuracy). Maybe the problems only start in stage 3? And/or they are mainly in Original mode?

Edit: the only maniac BL vid I've been able to find so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_c-lmKhRY

Looks OK from what I can gather...
My score archive

EOJ

Added info on the BL port accuracy. So far I've been pleased with God mode, which seems on par with the ver 1.5 modes in terms of port accuracy. Original is less accurate with too much slowdown, and I need to test Maniac more but so far it appears on par with God mode.
My score archive