Author Topic: To all you XBOX 360 owners......Lets Keep our fingers crossed  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Lunchbox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
Re: To all you XBOX 360 owners......Lets Keep our fingers crossed
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »
Just yesterday I connected to my 360 arcade the wireless adapter and a 60GB hard drive and the console started making some noises that had never heard before. I was very concerned so I'm happy to know that is a common problem.
The noises of my 360 plays in the same league than dreamcast's ones, but only last a few seconds to load the disc, while in dreamcast are constant.
No arcades in Spain.

Offline lam47

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2010, 09:14:42 AM »
The noise they make is almost always the disc drive. My Japanese xbox is the loudest of all so all games have to be installed. If your fans are making a lot of noise then they may be working too hard. If the heatsinks get clogged up with dust then the fans have to work harder and so make more noise.
A quick hoovering inside can fix this. As for the DVD drive there are mods to make them quieter but none of them work that well.

CastorKrieg

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »
I'm so damn close buying J-X360 it's incredible. I will be in HK next month and I can probably get a new one for 200USD. Funny thing is I just got into SHMUPS and I'm already thinking about all the games I missed - DDPDOJBLEX, DS, probably Esp. II. Still have couple of weeks to decide. >:D Another option is to buy  Wii for all the quirky games.

Nico87

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »
Do you already have a PAL/NTC 360?

Don't get a Wii, you'll be bored after playing the four so-called must-have games.

CastorKrieg

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2010, 06:00:53 PM »
Do you already have a PAL/NTC 360?

Don't get a Wii, you'll be bored after playing the four so-called must-have games.

Got the PAL X360.

Any other quirky Japanese games I can play for X360 without knowing the language?

Nico87

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
Okay. Was just thinking that if you were in the UK, and didn't already own a 360, you could just plug a HK (Asian model) 360 straight in.

Don't really know about games. Get Bayonetta (english language option), the obvious shmups, and some Asian versions of different games you'd like, but don't already have.

Also, The Idolm@ster: Live For You is supposed to be import-friendly.

CastorKrieg

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:51 PM »
Asian X360 is the same as Japanese one? One version of console for the whole NTSC-J region?

Also, I read somewhere that majority of Asian releases are in English? But I guess that applies to Western games, obviously not Asian releases of Japanese games.

EOJ, sorry if I'm going off-topic here. Last time I got import console was for PS2, and that was pretty straightforward.

StarCreator

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »
Asian X360 is the same as Japanese one? One version of console for the whole NTSC-J region?

Also, I read somewhere that majority of Asian releases are in English? But I guess that applies to Western games, obviously not Asian releases of Japanese games.

EOJ, sorry if I'm going off-topic here. Last time I got import console was for PS2, and that was pretty straightforward.

My experience is the 360 regioning scheme is pretty much exactly the same as the PS2's, except that games can be enabled for more than one region.  Japanese and Asian 360s should have the exact same region code, and both should have the advantage of being able to play most U/C games, as they are typically not locked out of the JP region.

I've also found that a lot of games are really the exact same disc, just with a few bits flipped depending on what region they were published in.  My US Resident Evil 5 disc, for example, boots itself as Biohazard 5 on my JP 360, complete with the Japanese flag designation for online play.