Main Menu

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Story?

Started by moebinkay, January 07, 2010, 12:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moebinkay

I was wondering what the true story behind the DDP series is? I really like the whole apocalyptic senerio. What I understood so far is that machine rises over man so humanity creates programmed robots to wage war against the machines.....

moebinkay

Found it, thanks:-

A thousand years ago...

An ancient civilization had built an army of sentient machines imbued with strategic consciousness, waging a massive and unmanned world war.

Finally the machines had developed to the point of being unstoppable. Humanity, which had lost everything to these machines, sealed the machine army on the moon so that these mistakes would never be repeated again.

And so 1000 years passed, and humans entered a period of peaceful civilization.
In this age, robot technology advanced; tasks that were previously hard for humans to do were handed over to robots.

Without warning, a disturbance on the moon was reported.
The machines which had been sealed away were once again active.
Who broke the seal...?
Or is this computer consciousness...?

The United Nations army learns that the awakened machine army is building up to attack earth, and launches a pre-emptive strike on the moon's capital Lunapolis.

Among the fighters sent on this mission are enhanced navigators, the "element dolls", who pilot powered-up fighter ships. These element dolls are fighter robots who connect into their crafts to manage all of their ships' weapon programs and boost their weapon power. The element dolls enable these crafts to operate at an enhanced capacity, powering up their weapons according to type and playing an indispensable role on the battlefield.

However, here a contradiction emerged.

Humanity was once more commiting the same mistake of the war of machine versus machine....

ADMIN EDIT: He found it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349860, translated by our own Adverse.

StarCreator

You really should credit your source before copying and pasting someone else's work...

EOJ

Indeed. He found it here, ironically it's a translation done by a moderator HERE (Adverse):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349860

I'll add this source to the guy's translation post. Topic locked, as there's not much else to add to this.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999