The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny5

you should play too...

i beat your maniac high score.....lolz >:D

kinda funny highscore was like 6 mill or something......just did a run and smoked it and came away with 51 mill by 2/3 through stage 3.....made stupid mistakes halfway through stage 3 and blew lives away

very stoked

jpj

Quote from: jonny5 on August 12, 2008, 04:09:34 PMi beat your maniac high score.....lolz >:D

bastard!

when you beat my original mode score, the fangs will come out   :-X

jonny5

no worries there....ive put in next to no time on original..... :rolleyes:....im not used to the patterns.....im way better at maniac =D

Caveman

Mushi Futari (Maniac) & the odd credit on MMP - I seem to have hit a brick wall at stage 4 on both games?!?

I really need to keep off the internet & actually PLAY these buggers! :laugh:

jpj

markedkiller78

Still Esp Rade.

I?m playing it exclusively until I 1cc it. No distractions this time! I only manage 2-3 credits a night though, but I am ball achingly close.

Geeb

DoDonPachi. I think I'm close to that final stage.

And I guess some Guwange here and there.

Caveman

Postman was kind enough to bring me my Progear No Arashi this afternoon........Let the swearing commence :) Just had a couple of credits, it's tough as old boots!!! Love it though :P

jaycm1

my muchi muchi pork board came yesterday so im playing that at the moment,to be honest im not sure what i think of it  :-\ i need to give it time i think, it's good but i really prefer ikeda games i wish i brought mushi futari now  :( i don't think its no where near as good as deathsmiles im just  happy i brought just the board with copy artwork rather than the full kit  :righton:

EOJ

MMP is a lot of fun initially, but once I maxed out my score and cleared it with all the characters, I soon got tired of it. Honestly, as far as Yagawa games are concerned, I think Pink Sweets is the better game, I've been playing that for over a year and I still really enjoy it. If you like Ikeda games better, try Futari or Futari BL (really cheap at Legend right now!).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jonny5

espgaluda arrange mode.....

so why did nobody tell me how awesome this is??

its amazing.....i havent played mushi in like 3 days cuz i cant stop playing it.....lolz

grotto

Hi @ all,

I have been playing ESPgaluda 2 for 2 days now, although I like it a lot I am still not good at it... (50 mio)  :laugh:

jpj

jaycm1

Quote from: EOJ on August 27, 2008, 05:40:44 PM
MMP is a lot of fun initially, but once I maxed out my score and cleared it with all the characters, I soon got tired of it. Honestly, as far as Yagawa games are concerned, I think Pink Sweets is the better game, I've been playing that for over a year and I still really enjoy it. If you like Ikeda games better, try Futari or Futari BL (really cheap at Legend right now!).
iv'e played a few credits on it and i do like the game a lot  =D i have two yagawa this and ibara,what im going to say people will hate me,i think he makes great games but they are not great cave games when you compare these games to guwange,mushi,deathsmiles,and even espgaluda they are not in the same league,i don't think i will buy anymore yagawa games i will stick to ikedas he's the man  :righton:
i will take it back iv'e said  been playing it solid for the last few days and i love it,it has a great scoring system,i don't find it that easy to be honest i think both mushi original mode and deathsmiles are both a lot easier,not sure about the whole cute thing though your right eoj the boses are tops,my favourite cave boss ever is the weird baby thing in guwange freaky  :o
im thinking of buying the box and artset now so i have a complete kit need to check my funds  :-\

Caveman

Just got Deathsmiles yesterday & i gotta say - it doesn't disappoint  :righton:
I'm really liking the whole look of it, the gothic/medieval art design is like sugar for the eyes.Foot-tapping music & from what i can gather at this early stage, a really complex scoring system.
The complete polished package, can't see me playing anything else for a while  :)

markedkiller78

Well I?ve been on a horrific spending spree over the last 2 months.

Pink Sweets
Futari 1.5 (trade)
Death Smiles
MMP

I?ve yet to play Death Smiles, but for my money Futari is the best Ikeda game since 2000 & MMP is the best yagawa.

I?m going to be runnig:

Astro: Futari / MMP
Astro: Death Smiles
Egret 2: DDP / ESP rade

Pink Sweets just hurts me, it?s so ball bustingly hard. I?ve been toying with selling it on, but I always regret selling games, jesus I?m even missing Mushi Sama!

EOJ

Quote from: markedkiller78 on September 05, 2008, 04:05:43 AM

Pink Sweets just hurts me, it?s so ball bustingly hard. I?ve been toying with selling it on, but I always regret selling games, jesus I?m even missing Mushi Sama!

I sold Pink Sweets twice before I decided to keep it. I'm on my 3rd PCB and I'll probably keep it awhile, even though I've 1CC'd the game a few times.
It is one of the harder CAVE games ever released. Unless you put a lot of time in it and can trigger the infinite lives, you most likely won't see past stage 4 or 5.

Among the SH3 games, I've sold off MMP, Ibara, Espgaluda II, and Ibara Kuro. The rest I've kept. I thought I might miss them, but I really haven't. I guess I played them enough.
My score archive

bitkid

Well I've just been playing the Cave PS2 ports I just got. Although I must say I agree with most everyone that the Ibara port is so bad. It looks like purple sludge even with the patch. I've probably been putting the most time into Espgaluda. The scoring system is so addicting. Its cool to finally play newer Cave titles even though I'm still not that great at the ones available in emulation. I'm probably the best at Esp Ra.De. even though I'm not that great at it. DDP games on the other hand slaughter me.

jpj

yeah, i agree with what you're saying (on both counts).  i hate selling stuff, especially these types of games because even if you've rinsed them, the playability is still there (unlike caning an rpg, or whatever).  i always used to say pink sweets is like the new batrider.  great game, but nobody outside a single-digit amount of people in japan know how to get these crazy high scores.  i'll keep plugging away though, and perhaps one day a video will surface......

and if you haven't tried it yet, score attack mode is really good in pink sweets  (hold A+B when you press start, after entering a credit)

markedkiller78

Quote from: jpj on September 07, 2008, 05:53:21 AM

yeah, i agree with what you're saying (on both counts).  i hate selling stuff, especially these types of games because even if you've rinsed them, the playability is still there (unlike caning an rpg, or whatever).  i always used to say pink sweets is like the new batrider.  great game, but nobody outside a single-digit amount of people in japan know how to get these crazy high scores.  i'll keep plugging away though, and perhaps one day a video will surface......

and if you haven't tried it yet, score attack mode is really good in pink sweets  (hold A+B when you press start, after entering a credit)

Well I don't "need" to sell any of them just now and I can wait for a real price drop on DFK before I I reconsider.

I have tried the score attack on PS. It & the normal mode are the only ones I can even look at. PS is great fun to begin with just gets too hard by Level 3/4. My scores are so poop it laughable & I struggle to trigger the 1up's on level 3. I think a long bout of unemployment is the only thing that couls help me get better at this game as it requires / deserves a lot of time.

I still see MMP as Batriders sibling. MMP & Futari are the keepers for me :)

Geeb

Popped in a couple of credits on Ra.de. I think I'll try to get somewhere farther now.

And I'm getting sick of that threemillion on DonPachi. Five or bust.

EOJ

My score archive

jpj

and is it true what they say about the third time being a charm?

currently: progear - scoring in this game is fucked up

kernow

Currently just DOJ trying to chain the first level to any extent, not trying to get further as such, just pushing my measly 12.4 million score up a tiny bit. yeah I suck ! :) its fun though.. I think

markedkiller78

Quote from: kernow on September 17, 2008, 08:55:32 PM
Currently just DOJ trying to chain the first level to any extent, not trying to get further as such, just pushing my measly 12.4 million score up a tiny bit. yeah I suck ! :) its fun though.. I think

That's a bit harsh .It's a massive achievement to get to level 5 in DOJ. I'm current'ly trying to buy DOJ. It aint easy finding the right one :(

I'm currently playing Death Smiles a hell of a lot. I really do love this game.

Joe T.

Muchi Muchi Pork! just arrived about an hour ago so I'm playing that.  So far I am enjoying it.   :righton:  I may play a little ESPRade later.

lowemark

I just started playing Espgaluda II again, and I'm really starting to like it.

markedkiller78

Oh man do I suck at Futari :(

Now that I?ve started to score I can?t get past level 3, still loving it though

Caveman

Deathsmiles & Ibara = Pleasure & Pain......Guess i'm a masochist  =D

jonny5

my new DDP board....

me thinks this will be moving on soon....

never been a big fan of this game but figured id give it a shot and see if i could learn to love it...

but ya....not so much.....stupid chaining....