The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOMA

Playing Ibara Black Label.A friend lend me the PCB today,very sweet :righton:

CRI

started to play doj again.
after a few credits i can do st. 1&2 like i never did a break.
my best at st. 5 in practise was a chain broken right befor the 2nd midboss.
so with a little practise i think it don't will take to long untill i get +200mill scores again.
this was the first cave game i played and i still think it's the best. :righton:

jpj

go for it CRI !!   =D
we miss you in the score thread  :righton:

ave

Playing DOJ and Ketsui at the moment - the full dose of 2002/2003, CAVE's best days if you ask me. Slight improvement at Ketsui, but I'm getting better everyday. Can finish Stage 2 with 41m maximum now (incl. bonus), my max score is atm 109m. Will try to beat CRI's 180m before I have to give the game back to his actual owner  >:D
DOJ is something I have decided to really start when I don't have Ketsui no more. For now all I can do is a 240m score, but this was due to a really lazy broken chain in stage 5. There was a 1500 combo and another 1000 combo, but the break was at a stupid point in the stage (middle of the combs, usually if I break my chain it's at the beginning, never inbetween). If I had got a 2500 combo or so I could easily have beaten PLASMO's 440m :(
The PS2 analog stick is also ripping my nerves into tears. I will probably wait untill I can afford a MGCD ps2->jamma thingy untill I continue playing this one seriously.
東亜プラン4ライフ

EOJ

I'm taking a break from MMP, since I don't think anyone is going to beat my Ikuo score anytime soon.
So I'm alternating between MFBL God mode w/ Reco (I want to get a 3.5+bil ALL) and DDPDFK1.5 w/ CP & BS (I'm also fooling around with the A ship but I'm not sure what will come of that).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Probably going to continue playing Futari BL Maniac.  I got the 1CC yesterday and was pretty stoked, but I don't think I'll be satisfied until I get at least over 400 mil.  Once you figure the stage 3 boss out in this mode, it really is not all that hard.  Futari has so many explosive enemies everywhere they get you out of the bullet swarms.

Been toying with Ketsui but...for whatever reason it just doesn't grab me as much as Futari does.  Neither does Deathsmiles MBL since I generally suck at death mode, but that ice palace level is really fun with Sakyura...

jpj

dangun feveron...   :o

eoj: how about playing 2 loops of mmp?

EOJ

Eh, I don't think 1-lifeing the first loop of MMP would be any fun or even achievable for me, at least with Ikuo. And if you play like that you can't do any of the fun suicide boss-milking in the first loop. I'd rather focus on improving my 1-ALL score.
My score archive

jpj

looking at the WRs on cowboy forum, the ikuo score looks beatable

my mmp is coming back from vacation tomorrow, so i'm gonna try and get back into it  =D

EOJ

The Ikuo 2-ALL? Yeah, I'm sure it's beatable. By someone like YOS.K or ISO, but not me!

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has beaten it but they didn't get the clear, so it won't turn up in Arcadia.
My score archive

jpj

mmp is a lot of fun, but i find the first boss frustrating when trying to milk it.  not brave enough on the stage 3 boss yet  :-[  but i'm reaching stage 4 regularly, just don't know what i'm doing  =D

EOJ

The first boss gets easy with practice. I get to the boss with 8.5-9.5mil (my best is 10.5 mil), milk it with all of my lives and all of my bombs, then end with 21-23mil.
My score archive

jpj

i can do it, but i hate it when you get the attack where drones come out really late in the fight.  screws me up in terms of bombs/suicide planning  :-\

stage 4 and 5 seem epicly long.  how much score do you make from just 4 and 5?

EOJ

Quote from: jpj on April 09, 2009, 06:54:49 PM
stage 4 and 5 seem epicly long.  how much score do you make from just 4 and 5?

in my 178mil run I ended the stages with:

st1: 22mil
st2: 42mil
st3: 72mil
st4: 122mil
st5: 178mil

So it looks like 50mil on stage4, and 55mil on stage 5. I can end stage 3 with about 80mil now (I've done it a couple times), and I've gotten over 60mil on stage 5 before, so 190mil is hypothetically within my reach. I'm too busy playing Daifukkatsu though!  =D

I've never felt stage 4 was too long, but stage 5 is pretty long. I quite like it though, I'm always disappointed when I get to the end, because I want to keep scoring!
My score archive

jpj

haha, good stuff  =D  that's cool, my 60 mill was really lousy (had medals reset down into the hundreds at least twice, if not three times)

i sometimes wish there was a IKD style thing where holding your shot slowed your ship down, and that split second gap between shot and lard has fucked me up a couple of times  :-X

EOJ

Quote from: jpj on April 09, 2009, 09:07:41 PM

i sometimes wish there was a IKD style thing where holding your shot slowed your ship down,

Just hold the lard attack. Even if your gauge is empty.  This has saved my ass in more than a few spots.

You end up using your lard attack just about every 2 seconds once you get good at all of the stages, so it's not much of an issue for me. I start many of the boss fights off with a full lard attack, it causes a lot of much needed slowdown on the second phase of the stage 4 boss, for example.
My score archive

CRI

Quote from: jpj on April 08, 2009, 05:53:06 PM
go for it CRI !!   =D
we miss you in the score thread  :righton:
yeah i miss that score thread too. :righton:
even if it's  only a +10 mill increase i just wanna see some progress.

i think i did my best st. 3 yesterday with a +600 combo and x2 bee. (did +600 befor but not with that high score)
if there wasnt that damn broken chain at st. 2 at that run i would have entered st. 4 with ~140 mill.
i think this is the absolute max. i can get for the first 3 stages without connecting the combo into the st. 3 midboss.
since the ps2 dvd player has 150 at this part i'm happy as a start with that. (ok he has 150 mill and 5 hyper :laugh:)

jpj what do you think is harder.
connecting the combo into the st. 3 midboss or chaining the 1up cannon?

Quote from: ave on April 08, 2009, 06:31:41 PM
Will try to beat CRI's 180m before I have to give the game back to his actual owner  >:D
go for it! :righton:
with a good st. 5 or some score tricks at the 2nd loop this shouldn't be that hard to beat.
good luck.

jpj

tough question.  i have only connected into the midboss once (but i have only tried a dozen times), and in two dozen times, i have never chained the 1up cannon.

i think 1up cannon is more difficult on getting the correct timing.  stage 3 midboss more for survival because you need to leave enemies shooting bullets right in front of you.

best advise: try to connect a full stage 5 chain.  my score jumped up 200 million with this  :righton:

ave

Quote from: CRI on April 10, 2009, 09:29:36 AM
i think i did my best st. 3 yesterday with a +600 combo and x2 bee. (did +600 befor but not with that high score)
if there wasnt that damn broken chain at st. 2 at that run i would have entered st. 4 with ~140 mill.
i think this is the absolute max. i can get for the first 3 stages without connecting the combo into the st. 3 midboss.
since the ps2 dvd player has 150 at this part i'm happy as a start with that. (ok he has 150 mill and 5 hyper :laugh:)

I normally have, if everything worked out in the former stages, ~130m at the beginning of Stage 4 (and one or two hypers). That includes a full stg1+2 chain (no hyper in 1) and a 450+600chain in stg3.
I don't think more is necessary. As jpj said, if you just chained stg5 properly this would boost your score ten times as much as some more difficult tricks in the former stages and is in fact much easier to perform.

Quotejpj what do you think is harder.
connecting the combo into the st. 3 midboss or chaining the 1up cannon?

Actually I don't think it is possible to connect the combo into the st.3 midboss. Just in the second loop (combometer goes down slowlier) and in Black Label (by using a hyper). If you are talking about these strathegies in general I'd have to say that the 1up cannon is a bit easier as you can use the hyper to avoid most of the dangerous stuff. I once tried this and almost succeeded (in practice mode), but the wall came a part of a second too late to my combo broke at the end.
東亜プラン4ライフ

jpj

it is possible.  i was practicing white label ps2 version and did it.  killed the midboss with a 400+ hit chain  =D

zlk

I gave up on playing PS.  There is no way I am going to clear the game without having autofire on the B button.  I have no autofire setup, so I will put PS on hold until I get one. 

I just got DSMBL.  The game is fun.  The suicide bullets are destroying me on the last level, but eventually I hope to figure it out. 

I am also playing MFBL, trying to clear maniac and godmode.  If I do that, then maybe I will clear MF1.5's maniac as well. 

Eventually I need to finish Ibara and Esprade.  I have gotten to the last attack of the last boss in both games only to die.  :mad:

EOJ

Futari 1.5 Maniac w/ Reco and Deathsmiles (X360 port) Arcade and X360 modes w/ Follett. I'm working towards 700mil in Futari, and 300mil in DS.

Nearly sold Futari and a few other kits recently, but I reconsidered (actually my girlfriend talked me out of it!).
My score archive

zlk

Decided to stop playing DSMBL and switch back to regular DS and try for a canyon clear.  It seems the options move a bit differently in the two versions. 

I also swapped out MFBL for the regular 1.5 version.  I can get to stage 5 (maniac) in both versions, but was not having too much fun.  I decided to play some ESPG2 today.  Got to stage 6 yet again and credit fed to the end boss.  The final boss's last attack seems to be painful.  I then decided to just play some SNS for a change of pace. 

adverse

croikle

adverse

Megalixir

Something tells me you didn't buy that because it's made by Cave.

skykid

Quote from: adverse on May 31, 2009, 02:22:26 AM

What game is that?  :o

EDIT - Found it. Looks rubbish though, why are you playing that?
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

skykid

Currently playing: Espgaluda 2. It's like a game from heaven.  :righton:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

AKraten

dodonpachi daifukkatsu 1.5 has been alot of fun
and playing some Ibara Kuro too

good times.