ESPGaluda II - Black Label, Arrange, and Omake! modes

Started by EOJ, March 01, 2010, 01:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: Kewing on March 28, 2010, 08:00:40 AM
Like +2 week old scores, but whatever

Omake - Tateha
1,952,603,268 - Kewing - ALL - Lx5

Did you trigger the same bug that guy on Shmups forum did when he got 2.2bil?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kewing

Hmmm... Actually I don't think I did. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, and unlike that guy's replay, I played back mine several times and it didn't desync. So it seems that maxing out both as soon as possible and then not get hit, is a key factor for scoring.
I'd gladly record a replay of it, but I don't have any input recording device. I recall some folks over here mentioning a direct to usb recorder on ebay. Is that any good to record video from the 360?

EOJ

The problem is you can't simply "max out gems & gold and not get hit" and score anywhere NEAR that without the bug. Getting ~2bil or higher requires quite detailed scoring patterns in each stage, and is very difficult. Did you watch ABI's stage 1 video? It's incredibly complex and difficult to replicate.

The patch next week should fix this bug, so it's probably best to wait until it's released, then try your pattern again, and see what your scores are. If they're anywhere close, I'll put up your original score.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kewing

Yes, I did watch ABI's replay. That's why I was kind of surprised at the scoring mechanics, considering the scores you could achieve on the later stages maxing out the counters. So, yes it could be pretty much be a bug. I don't really get what causes to trigger it and behave that way, though. All the times I played stage6 (with restarts as practice and different runs) I got the same scores all around towards the end.
Anyway, I don't have a problem at all waiting to see how this clears out. We'll see then what's up with this.

emphatic

Omake!

1,125,813,196 - JOR - ALL - Ageha - Nomiss

NR777

Omake!    Ageha   820,375,429   ALL

Not very impressive, but I've not had much time with this game.  Girlfriend got in the way.

CRI

HVL

Arrange - Tateha
3,905,803,873 - HVL - ALL - Rank 65*45

Gotta watch some more replays, I have no clue how you guys are getting 7+ bil scores.

HVL

Some improvement, but I'm still not getting it. :whyioughtta:

Arrange - Tateha
4,548,139,583 - HVL - ALL - Rank 59*46

Sapz

Black Label - Seseri
1,161,272,110 - Sapz - ALL

Black Label - Ageha
684,193,371 - Sapz - Stage 6

Accidentally posted these in the other Galuda II thread first. Whoops. :laugh: Anywho, been playing this mode for a few days, really starting to enjoy it after I figured out what was going on (mostly). Pretty happy with the Seseri run (replay can be seen here), but I'll still try to improve on both.

xris

Black Label - Ageha
513,558,092 - xris - Stage 5

Arrange - Ageha
255,545,965 - xris - All - Rank 0*0

Omake - Ageha
604,090,974 - xris - All

Looks like I'm here to currently round out the bottom of the score boards. Well, someone has to do it.
I really would like to get back to BL. I should take a break from Mushihime Futari, it feels like I'm just banging up against a wall currently in that.

Kewing

Been replaying a tad bit of it, mainly BL, and it certainly paid off in the end:

Black Label
1,331,241,294 - Kewing - Stage 6 - Seseri - http://img259.imageshack.us/i/galudaiibl133bill.jpg/

What I thought would be a wasted run because of 3 consecutive deaths, turned out to be rather good, both scoring and survival wise. Still, I was only 3 seconds away from the CLEAR... :\

Omake!
1,138,695,974 - Kewing - ALL - Ageha - http://img714.imageshack.us/i/galuda2omake113bill.jpg/

A run tring to play the way it's intended.
I'm still not sure what to think of the previous score issues, tho. With my game already patched from weeks ago, I tried watching that 2bill replay I did last year, but nothing odd happened and played back just fine. Not saying it's valid or that it should be used, but it still makes you wonder what's the deal about it.