Started by EOJ, March 03, 2010, 03:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

necpmf

They make it look like it's going to be the regular game... which would be pretty ridiculous playing on such a small screen.

edit: deleted my off-topic rambling

EOJ

Quote from: necpmf on March 03, 2010, 04:29:15 PM

http://www.cave.co.jp/index_e.html
.....................what
:oogle:
it says 2007 so I guess this site has been up for a while (?) but what the hell is it?

It's just a simple, meaningless English site. Lots of Japanese companies put one up, even small ones like Gulti. Doesn't mean much, they just put it up because they think it's expected in the 'global' world. Once they put it up they forget about it and move on.
My score archive

Monouchi

Errr...come on, iPhone games... :whyioughtta:
How about showing us that Cat-girl game instead.  :lol:

Danmaku

nothing happens when i click the galuda II icon...

Square King

Quote from: Danmaku on March 04, 2010, 08:11:58 AM
nothing happens when i click the galuda II icon...

Same here. I'm blaming my work computer/IE.

ookitarepanda

Takes a little while to load.

What the hell. I mean, I'm going to buy it, but dammit Cave.

Danmaku

Quote from: ookitarepanda on March 04, 2010, 12:21:06 PM
Takes a little while to load.

What the hell. I mean, I'm going to buy it, but dammit Cave.

thanks, just was to impatient...

shootshootshoot!!!

brokenhalo

judging by the trailer it indeed looks like a port with simplified bullet patterns. i'll be all over this if that's the case.

GaijinPunch

I played ESPGaluda II DX one time when I was bored as fuck ... and it still sucked.

DJ Incompetent

I have a pittance to contribute. .....a pittance.

Topher Cantler of ex-Destructoid scene forwarded me a Cave press release for iphone Espgaluda 2

Quote from: Yukihiro Masaki: Mobile Contents Manager
Here at CAVE we develop and sell game contents ranging in genre from online
games, shooting games, mobile applications and more.

We are proud to announce our popular shooter "ESPGALUDA II" as our first
domestic and international release for the iPhone/iPod touch. The
international release features a full English translation of the game.

We have opened a teaser site for the game, so please have a look.
Information related to our iPhone/iPod touch applications can be found at
the URL below:

PC Site URL(iPhone/iPod touch compatible)http://www.cave-world.com/

We are also planning on opening an English version of our Twitter feed in
the coming days. Once it is up we will let you know and would appreciate if
you could follow us there!

We very much appreciate your coverage of ESPGALUDA II iPhone/iPod touch.

Thank you and stay tuned to future developments at CAVE!

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

CAVE CO.,LTD.

YUKIHIRO MASAKI

Probably doesn't mean anything new as you got the teaser site already. I like that they sound serious that this is gonna be downloadable from anywhere.

GaijinPunch

In my experience there's very few software packages that are not downloadable everywhere.  Kindle was one... I wanted to try it out, too.

DJ Incompetent

Yeah. Figured it'd be so recent that that kinda digital mentality is still iffy.

It was like three or four years ago I thought it was lucky we got a chance to play Gradius Neo outside Japan. I don't think Cave's DonPachi mobile version ever left Japan region. Not sure.

Buuuut, the other question is has Cave ever had a dedicated official English news channel? That Eng twitter feed announcement was pretty delightful, even though it probably won't amount to very much.

NR777

Cave putting together an English news feed is actually very exciting.  It shows that they're taking their stated "international approach" somewhat seriously.  I will admit that this post is sprinkled liberally with wishful thinking.

EOJ

My score archive

Jockel

What happened to mushi gaiden bug panic btw?

dmauro

I guess I should be excited for the opportunity to play Galuda II on the go, but I know it's going to control like shit. Someone should make a dpad for the iPhone/iPod that plugs into the bottom.

NR777

Promo vid on cave-world is now in english.  Same video EOJ found on nico.

joeboto

wow.. the screen looks so smooth. lets see if there any 'osd disappearing' skills through iphone.

DJ Incompetent

Quote from: dmauro on March 31, 2010, 09:13:47 AMSomeone should make a dpad for the iPhone/iPod that plugs into the bottom.
I think it's called iControlPad.

dmauro

We need something official so developers will support it, but that is interesting.

NR777

Tipped kotaku on this earlier today and they ran the article...siliconera also just covered it.  It may not be a "proper" introduction but at the very least it will allow western audiences to sample one of Cave's better games on the cheap.  It will also shut fucking touhou fanboys the hell up.  I am so sick of hearing touhou fans spew shit like "touhou is soooo much harder" when it is obvious they've never played a Cave game.  Imperishable Night is a stupidly easy 1cc.  ESOD and PCB are slightly harder...but I still didn't feel like I had to really work for them. 

spl

Quote from: DJ Incompetent on March 31, 2010, 03:12:53 PM
Quote from: dmauro on March 31, 2010, 09:13:47 AMSomeone should make a dpad for the iPhone/iPod that plugs into the bottom.
I think it's called iControlPad.

That's incredible! The ipod is so crap for games standard with just the touch screen, such a good idea that iControlPad.  :righton:

adverse

ookitarepanda

Out Saturday?! Jesus.

Also, under "compatible devices" it says it's only compatible with the 3GS and the new iPod touch... Does that mean I can't fucking play it?

phrenzee

Quote from: ookitarepanda on April 05, 2010, 12:08:05 PM
Also, under "compatible devices" it says it's only compatible with the 3GS and the new iPod touch... Does that mean I can't fucking play it?

That's really annoying... It's probably ok though as I've yet to play a shmup that I like on the phone.

Have fun come saturday  :-\

rtw

The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

My score archive

ookitarepanda

Cave's response on Twitter about only allowing GaludaII for 3GS iphones:

"@ookitarepanda  @SilentHitoshura  @BenParfitt Sorry to disappoint 3G users, but a shooter like ESGPGALUDA II require lots of memory.... Perhaps it's a good opportunity to pick up the new version of the iPhone this summer!"

http://twitter.com/cave_world_en