Interview with Ikeda and Asada (Famitsu 360 May)

Started by adverse, March 30, 2010, 12:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Full interview with Tsuneki Ikeda and Makoto Asada in this month's Famitsu 360.

Point-by-point:

・  Deathsmiles 2 Arcade mode will be = to Arcade 4.00
・  However, 360 mode will be a very different game.
・  Level selection added, enemy lpacements, game system and scoring altered
・  Snake boss will be more "snake like" (mentions Ichimura getting pissed off because the new boss explosions they made cause slow down)
・  Movies added to bosses appearance.  Can be skipped.
・  No movies in score attack mode.
・  One of the two new stages will be an EX stage like the Canyon
・  Two new stages: Abandoned Amusement park and Maze
・  II X will be last version of DS II.  No Black Label.
・  Demon familiar "race" mode included in the game
・  Arrange mode will feature major differences in how familiars are handled, you will use them as a shield.  When you power up, enemy bullet patterns intensify.  No info on the new gauges.
・  Includes a bomb extend meter?
・  Co-op included.
・  Both express pessimistic views on the arcade market.
・  Guwange - will be released worldwide.
・  Half the reason release is taking so long is the XBLA bureaucracy in the west.
・  Three modes: arcade, Blue and Guwange Arrange.
・  Arrange allows you to use your shikigami with the right stick.

retre

Thank you for the translation! Btw looks like the future of the shooting games is in the consoles.

GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch doesn't like this.

fuse

I am digging all of the home ports and all, but surely they know people don't actually play these games with standard controllers. They're not going to start pushing out themed Virtual On style twinsticks are they?

dmauro

I suppose playing with a controller that has the dpad modded or a Madcatz controller wouldn't be so bad. Not the worst thing ever anyways.

cstarflare

Quote from: fuse on March 30, 2010, 09:39:07 AM
I am digging all of the home ports and all, but surely they know people don't actually play these games with standard controllers. They're not going to start pushing out themed Virtual On style twinsticks are they?

I use standard controllers all the time. :|

ookitarepanda

Quote from: GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch doesn't like this.

Yeah, buuuuut it is just arrange mode. If they're allowing for the right stick on the shiki for the regular game, that's just stupid.

What is the Blue mode in Guwange?

EOJ

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure they'll give a joystick layout like they did with Deathsmiles 1.1. If it's still cumbersome, just don't play Arrange (arrange modes tend to suck anyway). You'll still have Blue Version to mess about with.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

spl

Quote from: adverse on March 30, 2010, 12:32:07 AM
・  Both express pessimistic views on the arcade market.

This makes me scared for the future of arcades.  :-[

PsychoDiver

I am not surprised that the West is the reason Guwange is taking awhile to reach Xbox Live. Hopefully it does well so future ports will be easier for Cave to release worldwide.

GaijinPunch

QuoteHopefully it does well so future ports will be easier for Cave to release worldwide.

Yeah, both of them.

Van_Artic

Quote・  Guwange - will be released worldwide.
delicious

fuse

Quote from: cstarflare on March 30, 2010, 02:27:13 PM
Quote from: fuse on March 30, 2010, 09:39:07 AM

I use standard controllers all the time. :|
Yes but you also can AAA silly shit in IIDX with a dual shock, you don't count :)