Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

He didn't make it to the 2nd mid boss.   I'm sure he had before.

SuperPang

Are the second midboss onwards related to score? I got the first two nailed down.
EDIT: Nevermind. Its the bombs innit :)

zlk

RAR

MrMonkeyMan

Is it just me, or do you get double the points when your hyper meter is full?

It would certainly be a lot harder if you were expected not to use the hypers at all.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: MrMonkeyManIs it just me, or do you get double the points when your hyper meter is full?
This is true.  Forces you to do "DOJ style chaining" when your hyper meter is full, which is really hard.

QuoteIt would certainly be a lot harder if you were expected not to use the hypers at all.
More points if you use hypers, obviously.  KOT's buddy Ram who is really good will generally fill up the hyper gauge, trigger the old boss, use the hyper on him, get the chain up a few thousand, then not use the hyper again until the boss. At least for the first couple stages.

Ast-Kot

I get 600+ at the end of the second stage using the Hyper only against the hidden mid to increase the my counter against the last attack laser ball till 5000.....than using the normal shot till the end....the problem is that if you miss a enemy your chain crach cause the hyper gauge is full...;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

GaijinPunch

The end of stage 2 is a bitch if your hyper gauge is full.  I lose it every time.

zlk

The game is fun.  However stage 5 is pretty hard.  The first time I played the game I got to stage 5.  After playing it a few more times, I am still stuck in stage 5.  Anyone proficient in Japanese know what the requirements are for the second loop?

GaijinPunch

MrMonkeyMan

That's probably why I could never find the 8th bee on stage 1.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: MrMonkeyManThat's probably why I could never find the 8th bee on stage 1.
There are 7 on each stage if you don't trigger the special mid boss.  9 if you do.  So, if you trigger the midboss you're given some room to screw up.

Ast-Kot

If in the 3-4-5 stage you catch all the bees the hidden mid appears...the tattic in the second stage hidden mid to improve you counter let the mid alive...but in the 3? stage if u find all the bee before the mid the hidden appear---:/

MMM: in the first stage if you beat the hidden mid there are e bees around the fuel tanks and than 4 till the end of the stage...;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

MrMonkeyMan

Holy fuck, good luck with the true last boss, guys.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3548485

You need a nicovideo account to view it.

Kaneda

Looks like good times. DOOM and DOJ's Hibachi can take a seat.

BTW, how about that BGM...sounds like samples from DOOM's theme with shitty Japanese rap.

lowemark

zlk

Lowermark is correct: Holy Shit.  That is about all that could be said.

rtw

Quote from: zlkLowermark is correct: Holy Shit.  That is about all that could be said.
Can someone please upload this to a place outside nicovideo ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

sven666

Quote from: rtw
Quote from: zlkLowermark is correct: Holy Shit.  That is about all that could be said.
Can someone please upload this to a place outside nicovideo ?

rtw
agreed, wtf is up with cave fan-vids these days, people like to upload their shit to worse and worse places, passwords in mandarin and logins in fucking russia..  :mad:

shootshootshoot!!!

It seems nicovideo is a youtube like site.

sven666

thanx man.. is that teh actual soundtrack in teh background? sounds just like mad capsule markets?

Kaneda

New replay up to 2-4 with ~7 billion scored on one coin. He plays the rest of the way through credit-feeding.

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=20f28175fde4647d00c9cab3ccaf3d3d8eadf9fb

Anyone taking bets on the TLB? I say SWY in 6 weeks with the 15+ billion 2-ALL.

Plasmo

tbh the TLB doesn't look TOO bad. DOOM and DOJ Hibachi are definitely worse. This one's probably on par with the good old DDP Hibachi.

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: Plasmotbh the TLB doesn't look TOO bad. DOOM and DOJ Hibachi are definitely worse. This one's probably on par with the good old DDP Hibachi.
Haha, you're joking right?  It starts off with the worst attack DOJ had, then it moves to something a little more manageable, than those sections with the lasers that leave bullets behind are crazy.  The final pattern is basically the Mushihime TLB pattern.

Quote from: KanedaNew replay up to 2-4 with ~7 billion scored on one coin. He plays the rest of the way through credit-feeding.

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=20f28175fde4647d00c9cab3ccaf3d3d8eadf9fb

Anyone taking bets on the TLB? I say SWY in 6 weeks with the 15+ billion 2-ALL.
15 billion?  If you can chain all of stage 5 you could probably get over 15 billion there alone.  Those 6 laser cannons at the start all add up to 3 million points at the very beginning of the stage.

I'll give him two months.  That 2nd loop is pretty mean, although there are a ton of bombs, if he's not going to use the boost type I guess.

Kaneda

15 billion is a conservative estimate. With the exponential nature of these chains, it could push 30-50 I'm sure.

And I agree with MMM about the TLB. That shit is a notch above DOOM and DOJ Hibachi and that final pattern is about as bad as it gets.

Icarus

Quote from: sven666agreed, wtf is up with cave fan-vids these days, people like to upload their shit to worse and worse places, passwords in mandarin and logins in fucking russia..  :mad:
Nicovideo is Japan's YouTube. Registration is required both for control of content and security, among other things.
Signing up might seem complicated, but it takes about five minutes to find a translation of the registration screen, and another five minutes to sign up, so complaining about something so minor and easily solved is a bit silly.

Downloading from Nicovideo, however, is a little bit trickier.

Quote from: Plasmotbh the TLB doesn't look TOO bad. DOOM and DOJ Hibachi are definitely worse. This one's probably on par with the good old DDP Hibachi.
I sort of agree, and I sort of don't. The first few patterns don't seem too daunting, however, the last form is a little over-the-top. I'd imagine the very last pattern would be made slightly easier if you started with a Hyper, and alternated Laser and Shot while in Hyper Mode (to cancel some lasers, then cancel the bullets they leave), though. The rest of the fun is dancing around, while trying to get another Hyper...

... going around the TLB... there's an idea...

Quote from: rtwCan someone please upload this to a place outside nicovideo ?
Zakk's host appears to be down for me at time of writing, so I've uploaded the FLV to YouTube, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkwAQD2Xm8

Christ, the TLB BGM sounds like a crappy, happy-hardcore style remix of DOOM's BGM. -_-;;

jpj

Quote from: KanedaAnyone taking bets on the TLB?
...in five years time HFD will release a 1-miss 2-ALL  :laugh:

zlk

Here is a weird prediction:  If you have played the game, you will notice that the laser comes out really fast.  I bet some sort of alternate autofire is set up rapidly switching back between laser and shot.  This will cancel bullets and allow for the destruction of bosses/heavier enemies.  You can also increase your chain by destroying bullets, so this kind of autofire might be useful for score as well.

MrMonkeyMan

Guys, the song is a remix of Hibachi's (my mp3 says Hihachi?) theme from Daioujou.  Why are you hearing DOOM's theme?

Did anyone else notice that the music is different when you unlock the secret bosses?  Right around where the midbosses show up the music is different.  I'm not sure about stage 1 and 5, but 2-4 are definitely different.