Quote from: RGC
Quote from: rtwOur favourite dancer is back :D
rtw
YES! But he's not wearing a leotard :mad:
Lest we forget :oogle:

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/mmp.mp4

h.264, suitable for iPod or VLC.

rtw
We definately need to forget that. The Pirates of Crapperi dancing is just too creepy. I watched the vid right after I woke up and it's made me feel dirty all day.

SuperPang

Sperrfeuer

i just saw the videos now (can't watch them @ work) and i've seen at least 5 places in the promo vid alone i can't do without dying :oogle:...looks great but also very hard :|

RGC

Quote from: drboom
Quote from: rtw
Quote from: RGCYES! But he's not wearing a leotard :mad:
Lest we forget :oogle:

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/mmp.mp4

h.264, suitable for iPod or VLC.

rtw
We definately need to forget that. The Pirates of Crapperi dancing is just too creepy. I watched the vid right after I woke up and it's made me feel dirty all day.
You're in denial. Deathsmiles dance has the best choreography, and extra gains for perversity (using a 13 year old was genius). But, overall it lacked 1) any visibly overhanging paunch, 2) a melody with the power to keep you awake for 3 days having infected your brain. EOJ needs to get polling on here stat, so we can vote on the best fatbloke Cave dance. :D

Reckon this DDP will cost $2200 on release?

EOJ

Youtube vid with full, clear sound from the game (7min - no video, just sound!), for those who want to hear the music and sfx:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZE-sIvzzao
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I've been reading more info about the game system on 2Ch and Japanese blogs. Here are the latest updates:

The combo gauge and hyper gauge from DDP:DOJ return. This time, you don't get hyper items to collect on the screen when your hyper gauge fills - you just have to press the D button at this time and you enter hyper mode.

The good news (for me) is that the combo meter does not reset to zero if your combo gauge reaches zero, it just starts reducing like in Mushi! When you bomb, it reduces significantly (also like Mushi), and when you die it resets to zero.

When you enter into Hyper counter mode, you "break" bullets with your shot, but the bullet intensity increases dramatically. It has been described as switching from "maniac to ultra mode", using an analogy from Mushihimesama. So it seems reminiscent of Galuda 2's zesshikai mode in some regard as well.

There are two ships to select from - a straight shot (Type-A) and a wide shot (Type B).
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

RGC

Really like the sound of that scoring mechanic! :righton:

EOJ

Okay, it seems that after you choose your ship type, you then choose between a Bomb type and a Shot type (like Mushi Futari's Normal/Abnormal) attack. Then if you have the Bomb type, the B button is your bomb button in the game.
If you choose the Shot type, you have no bombs in the game, and you press B to switch between Normal and Boost. Normal is fast but weak, while boost is slow but with a strong laser.
My score archive

jpj

presentation is reminding me of pink sweets with how neon everything looks  :o

EOJ

I love the bright colors in this game. The crazy neon bullet patterns and graphic effects were my favorite part of Pink Sweets as well.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Presentation (to me) is far more Galuda 2.  Lots of "fairy dust", and there's technology and shit.  The bosses are 100% Pink Sweets though.  Doing my write up now.

QuoteThe good news (for me) is that the combo meter does not reset to zero if your combo gauge reaches zero, it just starts reducing like in Mushi!
Couldn't figure out when, but there are times when it depletes, but also times when it does in fact reset. Might have to do w/ the hyper gauge being full or not.  Hyper mode is nuts...

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunchDoing my write up now.
Excellent, can't wait!

Did you notice anything about the medals? Do you suck them in, do they help your score in some way?

I'm getting more and more tempted to spring for this upon its release. Would have to sell a some other games to swing it though. Hmm...
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJDid you notice anything about the medals? Do you suck them in, do they help your score in some way?
They are sucked in a la Mushi Futari (but maybe a smaller sucking radius).  Not sure how they help the score... would be nice if they were multiplied like enemies are, and not completely useless like in DOJ.

QuoteI'm getting more and more tempted to spring for this upon its release..
*I* am tempted to spring for this and I can most likely walk down and play it for 50 yen.  It'll come out in Spring as well when the walk isn't nearly as painful.  The cigarette smoke in the end is what will push me to buy it (ironic, as I used to smoke like a train when I played games).

GaijinPunch

freddiebamboo

Cheers for the info EOJ &GP, much appreciated lads :cool:

EOJ

Thanks for the writeup GP. And isn't that GP in the vid CRI linked to??:shock:
My score archive

Sycada

Wow!!! Yeah thanks very much for the info on the game everyone. It looks fantastic, I'm loving the sound of the new systems in this one and from the video it looks like it has a great mix of Dodonpachi flavour with enough new stuff to keep it interesting.
I won't be buying Daifukkatsu on launch but I don't think it'll be long afterwards before I end up getting it.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJThanks for the writeup GP. And isn't that GP in the vid CRI linked to??:shock:
Yes... talk about irony.  Did you read the Youtube comments?
I'm going to try to get the original from the guy and host it.  I hate Youtube quality.

Don't worry -- I'll have lost the beard by the time I see you next week. :)

EOJ

Yeah the comments are great - "guy looks like Jesus". :laugh: Pretty awesome to have your first ever play on the game videotaped. That's even better than getting footage of some random Japanese dude playing the game, so it looks like you lucked out in the end.

Looking forward to Honolulu meet 2008 next week.:righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Looks like your vid may be up on this torrent, GP:

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=c53e63509d9f0b2c2a134f85448f49786229aef2

325MB, 640x480 resolution. Probably the same vid.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yes, it is.  I asked him if I could have the original to host, so he posted the torrent.
It's not downloading for me though.  Client maybe?
Going to try on my Laptop here in a minute.  If not, I might need to get it from you.
Could use some xvid compression or something though.

EOJ

Yeah it's working fine for me at 250K/sec. Could just slap it on a disc and give it to you when you visit.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Never mind.  I got it.
1.5Mb/s once it got going. ;)

EOJ

Bleh, I'm still downloading.:laugh: [EDIT: Just watched it, and it's about a billion times better than the youtube version]

Oh, Cave updated their AOU blog thing with some more pics:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/aou2008/2008/02/aou2_be05.html

Most of it is pretty worthless, though they do show the popularity chart at the show - DDP DFK ended up number 4.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Tons of competition this show... 3 2D fighters, 2 3D fighters, and the other crap.

KOMA

GaijinPunch

Quote from: KOMAI like your beard GP!
It's going soon.  I look terrible in it, I know, and the fact that copy (in the airport) just made me show my passport confirms that it's not me.  The sunglasses didn't help.

I went for a jog the other day.  Freezing balls over here, so I put on the shades, sweat suit, and a toboggan.  Went to the mirror to brush my teeth and just laughed.  I looked like I came straight off the fucking police sketch.

gsl

That's the thing with beards, though, is they always linger for a while in what I like to call the "bum phase" before you come out looking like King Leonidas.