Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: RGCReckon this DDP will cost $2200 on release?
release price will be 248 K JPY OP and 220K JPY @ Fujita as usual  (just got the info.....)
i'll wait for the 170K range....;)

EOJ

Yeah, I've decided to hold off on buying this until it drops quite a bit. I have too much stuff to play here (Futari BL, Ketsui, MMP, etc) and not enough money to get it at release anyway. I'd rather spring for a Deathsmiles, and get DFK at the end of the year.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drboom

Agreed- there's just too much good stuff out there. Cave stuff, that is. Deathsmiles is very intriguing - especially if it drops to MMP prices (~1,000 SD)

EOJ

Release date is set for 4/23/2008.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: EOJ
Quote from: rtwPlease EOJ, can't you translate the Namiki stuff ? I'm such a Namiki fan :D

rtw
Alright rtw, I'll try to do it this weekend. But only because you're such a nice guy.:righton:
;)

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

Yeah, I read through it and decided it was a waste of time to translate the whole thing. This is basically what 90% of the interview is:

Q: What's the theme of Daifukkatsu?
NMK: It's a sequel to DOJ, so it continues that trend. The soundtrack for a game has to match the graphics and the theme.

The only interesting part of the interview is when Namiki is asked if he plays Cave games. He says:

"Yes, I play them. Last year I 1CC'd Deathsmiles with both Windia and Casper. I enjoy going to the Arcade when I have a break from work and playing some rounds". He then says "I've been waiting for the pig character to be unlocked (in Deathsmiles), but when will it be?" - I'm pretty sure he's joking here.
My score archive

rtw

The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

No problem. What if he isn't joking about the pig character in Deathsmiles?:oogle:
My score archive

gsl

One of the MMP girls as a cameo would be hilarious.

SuperPang

Quote from: EOJRelease date is set for 4/23/2008.
Not the 25th? Cave release on Fridays no?

Sperrfeuer

i also got the info 4/23/2008

f.e Futari Black Label was also not released on a friday

CRI

i think i will get this game if it sells for 100k.
are you think such a price drop will happen this year? (i don't know much about new pcb prices and how long it take until they drop)

Sperrfeuer

this will depend on some things like print run, demand etc....but i don't  think it will drop to 100K this year...maybe you can find some on yahoo for this price at the end of the year, but not in shops...F.e. MMP is still 140K in shops but you can get it way cheaper from yahoo (even full or almost full kits) , but it's out now for almost a year and was for sure not as popular as DDP will be....

jpj

at least the dodonpachi brand has a stronger chance of a console release...

EOJ

Quote from: jpjat least the dodonpachi brand has a stronger chance of a console release...
I really doubt it at this point. Mushi and Galuda are very strong brands too, and their sequels never got ports.
Deathsmiles is super popular in Japan (still) and a hori (with some console-like aspects already in the game), and it doesn't look like any port there either.
My score archive

jpj

talk about pissing on my parade  :lol:

i don't wanna give in to temptation...!  :|

GaijinPunch

The author of the video sent me a message saying Cave was pissed off at him.  I assume that the Youtube vid has been pulled.  He's put in a request to pull the torrent.  He just gave me a heads up in the event I was going to be hosting it openly.

henry dark

Quote from: GaijinPunchThe author of the video sent me a message saying Cave was pissed off at him.  I assume that the Youtube vid has been pulled.  He's put in a request to pull the torrent.  He just gave me a heads up in the event I was going to be hosting it openly.
I wonder why Cave would be so annoyed at this.

Videos like this only serve to increase interest and demand surely.

gsl

What the hell's their problem?  Any chance the torrent is still going to be up (or some other means of getting the video) in 3-4 days' time?  I'm away from my laptop right now, but the prospect of GP kicking ass at the new DDP while doing a Iesu Kirisuto cosplay is pretty appealing.

sven666

i have it on my computer at home, ill upload it to megaupload or something like that when i get home.

cave do next to nothing worthwile to promote their own games they just ride the fanwave and then they have the stomach to complain about it :whyioughtta:

GaijinPunch

This is the first time I can remember them having the "no photos" signs up.  They've always been very cool about it.  Even w/ Death Smiles, I sat in the back of the line videoing.

I have a high quality/low file size on I can send you later, GSL.

gsl

I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'll PM you when I'm back on my own PC on the 29th.

EOJ

My score archive

sven666

Quote from: EOJThe release has been pushed back a month, to 5/23/2008:

http://www.tops-game.jp/shinsaku.htm#dodonpachi_daifukkatu
haha not DDP related but holy fucking hell capcom are charging their customers out of the ASS for SF4 :shock:

sam sho sen with x2 typex2 setups - JPY 365000
sf4 with x2 typex2 setups - JPY 2394000

:lol:

EOJ

Yeah, $23,000 for SF4 is a bit much.
My score archive

jpj

someone on killercabs will break  :lol:

Sperrfeuer

capcom is crazy :oogle: you need 2 typeX? + soft for 2 players, and the price is for 4 kits (they only sell 4 kit bundles ATM)

GaijinPunch

Don't all of the recent 2-player fighting games require two boards?  Pretty sure VF4 and 5 do.  I don't play many fighting games.  I have no friends.

Back on topic: Who's buying this.  I'm very excited for it.  More so than Death Smiles, and it's great.

Shalashaska

Holy shit @ SF4! :oogle: Anyway, I am seriously considering picking up DFK at release. The only thing holding me back really is I kind of want to wait and see what sort of revisions come out. Hopefully it's not a Futari 1.0, 1.5 thing again. I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere GP (probably your article, can't remember though) but how was the difficulty compared to DOJ?

Sycada

I'm not gonna get it at launch but I will definately get it later on once the price drops a bit. It's the next pcb on my list without a doubt.