Ketsui Extra [X360] - Achievements, EX Config, X-Mode strats, etc

Started by EOJ, April 26, 2010, 04:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

EX CONFIG MENU
Options on the EX CONFIG menu unlock after a certain number of "Game Over" screens in ARCADE mode. The last option, "NO BULLET" mode, unlocks after 45 "game over" screens. The total list of options is as follows:

KETSUI BOMB - OFF/ON [turns on the Ketsui Bomb glitch in Arcade mode]
LOOP - OFF/ON/OMOTE/URA
CONTINUE AT DOOM - OFF/ON
WAIT CONTROL - ON/OFF [turns the slowdown off]
CHIP RANGE CONTROL - 1-3
CHIP DROP CONTROL - 1-3
NO BULLET - OFF/ON [removes all bullets from the game. Many achievements can't be done if you turn this on]

--------------------
Achievements:
NORMAL:
AH-Y72 ティーゲルシュベルト     Type-Aを選択し、プレイを開始すると解除     5
Play a game with the A ship

FH-X4 パンツァーイェーガー    Type-Bを選択し、プレイを開始すると解除    5
Play a game with the B ship

シーホース撃破    ステージ1の中ボスを倒すと解除    5
Beat the stage 1 midboss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

ブルフロッグ撃破    ステージ1のボスを倒すと解除    10
Beat the stage 1 boss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

ジェム& イーニィ撃破    ステージ2の中ボスを倒すと解除    5
Beat the stage 2 midboss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

スフィンクス撃破    ステージ2のボスを倒すと解除    20
Beat the stage 2 boss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

ヴィノグラドフ撃破    ステージ3の中ボスを倒すと解除    5
Beat the stage 3 midboss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

ジャマダハル撃破    ステージ3のボスを倒すと解除    30
Beat the stage 3 boss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

ブラックドラフト撃破    ステージ4の中ボスを倒すと解除    5
Beat the stage 4 midboss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

シンデレラアンバー撃破    ステージ4のボスを倒すと解除    40
Beat the stage 4 boss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

トラファルガ撃破    ステージ5の中ボスを倒すと解除    5
Beat the stage 5 midboss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

エヴァッカニア撃破    ステージ5のボスを倒すと解除    50
Beat the stage 5 boss [cannot use NO BULLET mode]

エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム撃破    真ボスを倒すと解除    120
Beat the true last boss DOOM
[Can be done easily after you unlock FREEPLAY by using the following parameters in the EX CONFIG menu: LOOP=URA, CONTINUE AT DOOM=ON, cannot use NO BULLET mode]

アリスとエヴァンズマン    Type-Aのエンディングを見ると解除    30
Watch the A ship's ending

スティールとユウマ    Type-Bのエンディングを見ると解除    30
Watch the B ship's ending

ボムなどいらん    ボムを1発も使用せずにエンディングを見ると解除    10
Clear the game without using a bomb [you can continue as much as you like]

巨大攻撃艦からの贈り物    ステージ3に隠された1UPアイテムを獲得すると解除    20
Get the stage 3 1UP

同型機からの贈り物    ステージ5に隠された1UPアイテムを獲得すると解除    20
Get the stage 5 1UP

ロックショット    ロックショットで集中攻撃し続けると解除    5
Use the lockshot [all 4 locks] continuously for 20 seconds or more on one target [easy to do on any boss]

[1]箱コレクター    累計で倍率チップ「1」を11,111個以上獲得すると解除    11
Get 11,111 1-chips
[2]箱コレクター    累計で倍率チップ「2」を22,222個以上獲得すると解除    22
Get 22,222 2-chips
[3]箱コレクター    累計で倍率チップ「3」を33,333個以上獲得すると解除    33
Get 33,333 3-chips
[4]箱コレクター    累計で倍率チップ「4」を44,444個以上獲得すると解除    44
Get 44,444 4-chips
[5]箱コレクター    累計で倍率チップ「5」を55,555個以上獲得すると解除    55
Get 55,555 5-chips

撃墜王 26,798    累計で敵を26,798機以上倒すと解除    20
Destroy 26,798 enemies

撃墜王 53,596    累計で敵を53,596機以上倒すと解除    40
Destroy 53,596 enemies

早回し・初級    一部の敵を速攻撃破し、通常より多く敵を出現(早回し)させて倒そう    10
Destroy 128 bonus popcorn enemies

早回し・中級    撃破タイミングによって、早回し時の敵の出現数が変化する    15
Destroy 1,280 bonus popcorn enemies

早回し・上級    早回しは2面と5面中ボスが狙い目。撃破のタイミングを研究しよう    20
Destroy 12,800 bonus popcorn enemies [focus on the stage 2 and stage 5 midbosses. Kill them quickly and lots of popcorn enemies appear]

空ロック・初級    ハイスコアを狙うには必須のテクニック、空ロックをマスターしよう    10
Get 64 chips from doing the "Air Lock" technique

空ロック・中級    ショットで敵を倒し、爆風出現時にロックショットに切り替えておくとチップが多く出現する    15
Get 640 chips from doing the "Air Lock" technique

空ロック・上級    空ロックの感覚を手に覚え込ませて、空ロックの達人を目指そう    20
Get 6,400 chips from doing the "Air Lock" technique

撃ち返し弾・初級    2周目及びXモードでは敵を倒すと撃ち返し弾が発生。ハイスコアの為にどんどん出そう    10
Trigger 1,280 suicide bullets [can be done in X-mode or either Loop]

撃ち返し弾・中級    無計画に撃ち返し弾を発生させると逃げ場が無くなるので注意しよう    15
Trigger 12,800 suicide bullets [can be done in X-mode or either Loop]

撃ち返し弾・上級    ここまで来れば、撃ち返し弾はもう怖くない?    20
Trigger 128,000 suicide bullets [can be done in X-mode or either Loop]

Xモード ステージ1クリア    Xモードのステージ1をクリアすると解除    5
Clear stage 1 in X-Mode
Xモード ステージ2クリア    Xモードのステージ2をクリアすると解除    10
Clear stage 2 in X-Mode
Xモード ステージ3クリア    Xモードのステージ3をクリアすると解除    15
Clear stage 3 in X-Mode
Xモード ステージ4クリア    Xモードのステージ4をクリアすると解除    20
Clear stage 4 in X-Mode
Xモード ステージ5クリア    Xモードのステージ5をクリアすると解除    25
Clear stage 5 in X-Mode

SECRET:
-Nice Bomb! - 5
[Release a bomb amidst lots of bullets. Easy to do on the Stage 2 boss's last pattern]
-Ketsui Bomb - 20
[Do the bouncing Ketsui bomb trick [here's a video showing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTtSgko1Qac ]  after turning "KETSUI BOMB" to "ON" in the EX Config menu. Cannot be done in Xbox Live mode. ]
-Get your boss counter up to 9999 - 10
-Collect a total of 250,000 chips - 50
-Do the "tateana" [vertical descending] part of Stage 5 ten times without dying - 10
[Can be done in Stage select]
-Beat stage 1 with both ships in both modes without continuing - 10
[Cannot be done in Stage select, cannot use NO BULLET mode]
-Beat stage 2 with both ships in both modes without continuing - 10
-Beat stage 3 with both ships in both modes without continuing - 10
-Beat stage 4 with both ships in both modes without continuing - 10
-Beat stage 5 with both ships in both modes without continuing - 10
[Cannot be done in Stage select, cannot use NO BULLET mode, so you have to 1CC both Arcade and X-Modes with both ships to unlock this. This is the only really challenging achievement in the whole game]

---

X-Mode strategies

[PLACE HOLDER]
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Reaching Doom in X-mode has been a bit unclear, but Japanese guys on 2Ch are saying the only clear condition seems to be that you can't use more than 6 bombs. It doesn't matter how many times you die, it doesn't matter if you trigger blue bullets. Other conditions you may have to reach: scoring 200+mil, reaching the stage 5 boss with a 9999 multiplier.
My score archive

Ravid

So in the absence of any written guide to X-mode, I've tried to figure out what I can for myself and I'll post it here so that others can corroborate/refute it as necessary. This may include things which are the same as Arcade mode, since I'm new to that as well.

There are two states the game can be in with regard to chips: zero timer and positive timer. The timer increases when chips are generated; more so when the C-shot was used than with the A-shot.

With zero timer, all normal enemies release pink suicide bullets when destroyed. The suicide bullets may be cancelled with the laser; in fact, while holding down A-shot, the laser aura protects your ship so you are completely immune to them. The only way to generate chips in this mode is to destroy a special bullet-cancelling enemy (including mid-bosses and bosses) with the lock shot.

With positive timer, all enemies generate chips instead of suicide bullets. The value of the chips is determined by the way the special enemies are destroyed. If you kill a special enemy with n lockons (possible values: 1-4), the chip value is set to n. If, in addition to getting 4 lockons, you are pointblanking the special enemy when it is destroyed, the chip value is set to 5. In any case, the chip value cannot decrease while the timer is positive, so if the chip value is already greater than n when it would be set to n, it retains its previous value.
For the purposes of this calculation, the chip value during zero timer can be assumed to be 1.

The stage multiplier and overall counter are increased by i) collecting chips and ii) generating suicide bullets. The rate at which the displayed numbers increase is capped, so they may appear to continue increasing while the actual multiplier is static or decreasing; this does not affect scoring. The stage multiplier is 'cashed in' and decreases when enemies are destroyed with lockshot. On end of stage bosses, the overall counter assumes this function. The end of stage bonus is related to lives, bombs and the overall counter (exact formula?).

A large proportion of the points seems to come from the bosses and end of stage bonus. For instance, in my best run so far (~380mil) I think these bonuses accounted for around half the points. From watching replays, it is not clear that blue suicide bullets actually benefit scoring particularly (though obviously the no-miss that automatically triggers them does).

Just so it's written in the strategy thread, blue suicide bullets, which are not cancellable by A-shot, are triggered by no missing until 240mil points. Dying after that point reverts it to pink suicide bullets. Reaching the last boss with blue suicide bullets causes it to be substantially harder (more like 2nd loop arcade difficulty). As for triggering DOOM, I can't add anything except to say that my experience fits exactly with what the above post suggests.

EOJ

Thanks for the writeup! I haven't been playing X-Mode, so this slipped my mind.

BTW, I saw one replay where the guy scored really well but used more than 6 bombs and still got to Doom. I think he used 8 or 9. So maybe there are multiple possible conditions (i.e. use 6 bombs or less OR score a certain amount).
My score archive

Ravid

Which replay was that? I'm interested to get this figured out.

EOJ

I don't remember, sorry. I watched it a week or so ago, I think. Download the top replays from the leaderboards and fast forward to stage 5.
My score archive

CRI

the type a replay at #21 with 417,01m at the leaderboards is such a replay. (he use 9 bombs & 3 lifes and sill get doom)
i think the bombs used at the st. 5 boss don't count for the doom requirement. (the player at the replay get to the st. 5 boss with a bomb use of 6)
if you get to the "secret" st. 5 boss doom even appear if you use continue at that part.

you know that you made it to the secret boss when the pattern from 6:34 onward is missing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-fRLrXefg0

emphatic

So, the bomb glitch, how do you execute it exactly? Just stand in the bottom of the screen and fire one off as the boss warning appear, or do you have to pull the stick down or something like that?

Elixir

Quote from: emphatic on May 16, 2010, 02:22:10 PM
So, the bomb glitch, how do you execute it exactly? Just stand in the bottom of the screen and fire one off as the boss warning appear, or do you have to pull the stick down or something like that?

No, you have to throw the bomb while locked on to an enemy, directly parallel of the lock, while it's going off the screen and as soon as it dies.

emphatic

Quote from: Elixir on May 16, 2010, 10:02:20 PMNo, you have to throw the bomb while locked on to an enemy, directly parallel of the lock, while it's going off the screen and as soon as it dies.

Cheers!

Shalashaska

Maybe I'm just retarded but can you choose to just practice against the bosses or do you have to do the entire stage?