Author Topic: Donpachi hits the PS3  (Read 1861 times)

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Ultra Member
Donpachi hits the PS3
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »
The original PSX version is available for download in Japan for 600 yen, which is dirt cheap.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/12/donpachi_hits_game_archives/

My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline ave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
Re: Donpachi hits the PS3
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »
Can you change the screen format? Because those screenshots are taken rom an awfully cropped mini-yoko version of what once was a Tate Cave-shooter...

Also, what do those PSone-store-games look like on an HD screen? Is it gonna run in low-res, "correctly" upscaled to 720p&1080p? Or will it look blurry and all wrong?
東亜プラン4ライフ

Van_Artic

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
totally unexpected, i've heard of someone saying it's "good emulation"
now we just have to wait and see Dodonpachi, as it was released on PSX as well

Elixir

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 08:18:14 PM »
Can you change the screen format? Because those screenshots are taken rom an awfully cropped mini-yoko version of what once was a Tate Cave-shooter...

Also, what do those PSone-store-games look like on an HD screen? Is it gonna run in low-res, "correctly" upscaled to 720p&1080p? Or will it look blurry and all wrong?

You could always hook up your PS3 to an SD upscaler, like the XRGB, set the PS3 to 4:3 and it'll look just as good as a PS1 running through it. PS2 emulation, not so much.

Offline twoup

• Maniac Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »
I checked the store last night and couldn't believe it when I saw Donpachi there. I thought we'd get Soukyugurentai before that since hamster's released a lot of their 'major wave' releases on PSN so far. I Had 600 yen left in the account so I got it.

Both Yoko modes seem to have that awful vertical scrolling, it's only really playable in tate which is a pain in the arse since the ps3 doesn't change display settings automatically. Not wanting to stuff around with that and unplug the 360 from the tate tv I ended up playing it as a horizontal shooter :(

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
Here's a pic of the game running in tate on a PSP:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/stghajimemasita/archives/1479071.html
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline lam47

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
Now how would I get this in the UK?

Offline spl

• Maniac Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Now how would I get this in the UK?

Make a new PSN account under Japan and then you will need to buy the points from somewhere since it won't accept a non-japanese credit card. You can get the points at play-asia, etc.