Cave Official Button Layouts

Started by seiatsu, June 07, 2010, 08:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seiatsu

This may be kind of a silly question. I'm somewhat of a purist and like to play arcade games using the official button layouts (as if they were full kits, cabinets and all). Since most cave games use similar buttons, I assume they use similar (official) layouts. I've looked around here and elsewhere and don't really find an answer as to what some of caves official layouts are.

I have a six button setup (lets label them as below).

ABC
XYZ

Can someone give me some insight on what is typically shot, rapid shot, bomb, etc using my labels above.

I know this is a little obsessive and i should just map them as I'm comfortable but this is something I've wondered about for some time.

EOJ

Most Ikeda verts:

A=Laser
B=bomb
C=Rapid Shot

Yagawa games always have A as shot, B is Bomb in Ibara & Pink Sweets but Lard Attack in MMP. MMP has bomb on C.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

seiatsu

Thanks EOJ

I know the games often refer to them as ABC as well..is your ABC referring to what the game refer them or my button labeling above (just trying to clarfy)

What about games that have more obscure controls (for cave) sauch as ESPGII or Deathsmiles?

EOJ

Yeah, I'm referring to your layout.

Deathsmiles is shoot left on A, shoot right on B, and bomb on C
Espgaluda has 2 variations to choose from, as does Daifukkatsu.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

seiatsu

OK..thanks again. Here I've typically putting bomb on (my) C.  I'll give bomb a go on B and see how I fair.

emphatic

Check out the official site, they often have layouts on each games' page. www.cave.co.jp
On ESPGALUDA, the fourth button gives you full auto even though it's mentioned nowhere. Hilding C and D when starting a credit switches barrier bomb to D and full auto to C.

necpmf

oh wow, for espgaluda and its sequel (the ports) I use A=laser B=barrier C=fullauto D=kakusei

That's not even one of the options at all? Seems like the most reasonable since it's basically the regular cave setup + D... I'd be disoriented as hell on a PCB

emphatic

Quote from: necpmf on June 08, 2010, 11:02:26 AM
oh wow, for espgaluda and its sequel (the ports) I use A=laser B=barrier C=fullauto D=kakusei

That's not even one of the options at all? Seems like the most reasonable since it's basically the regular cave setup + D... I'd be disoriented as hell on a PCB

On the ESPGALUDA II PCB you actually get to choose your button setup slightly (C & D placement). But for both games Kakusei always uses B, as it's a really integral part of the scoring mechanism. I've also seen pictures in their site of some game where the actual button layout is like yours but only:

A B C
D

Some cabinets use this layout, with your D as A and your A as B. Confused yet? :D

necpmf

That's how I do mine (the button layout), thumb on Kakusei/D. Just as easy to hit as any other button for me, without confusing bomb or fullauto.

I honestly can't even imagine doing it any other way, lol.