Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu IPHONE version [August 26th, 2010]

Started by KEIKO, July 16, 2010, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

Is this just DFK?  The trailer looks like a combo pack.

EOJ

Yeah, looks like just DFK.

Give me the damn X360 port already, Cave. Don't tease me with this cellphone garbage.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lmagus

Glad to see DFK for the iPhone, but yeah... Give us the 360 game!

lillin

Quote from: lmagus on July 16, 2010, 02:02:59 PM
Glad to see DFK for the iPhone, but yeah... Give us the 360 game!
Me too, glad to see it for the iphone, but the 360 is the one im looking forward too ( and most porbably everyone here  :righton: )

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on July 16, 2010, 01:46:31 PM
Yeah, looks like just DFK.

Give me the damn X360 port already, Cave. Don't tease me with this cellphone garbage.

+1

neomoe

Well, a 360 port would have been much nicer...but the good news is that if an iphone game is coming out, a 360 port can't be too far away either.

Also, does anyone know if these games will work on an old 1st generation ipod touch?  i dont have an iphone, but i may pick up a touch if I can find one cheap.

thanks!

alastair

Quote from: neomoe on July 17, 2010, 11:04:01 AM
Also, does anyone know if these games will work on an old 1st generation ipod touch? 

It won't, it might load the menu fine but it will quit as soon as your about to play it.

neomoe

bummer, but thanks for the heads up...so at the very least I'll probably need a current gen ipod touch?  i really have no interest in getting a new phone....

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Lusche

if they dont announce a port on the xbox soon im gonna need a new ipod touch because my iphone 3g wont play it :(
and i dont have 900?+ for the iphone 4 or 600?+ for the iphone 3gs :(

HVL

I'm surprised how much CAVE is putting effort in these... garbage versions, as EOJ put it.

I'm guessing CAVE (or M2, hopefully) is nearing the completion of the proper 360 port and they are throwing this out at the same time, as was the case with Espgaluda II.

emphatic

My guess is: this is really easy money for CAVE. I really love the games they've done, so if this means they can continue making 'em, who cares if you get MORE PORTS.

Kewing

Seems like they pulled off another DoDonPuchi, and none other than DFK.
It is funny how they're recovering this annoying trend of porting to cellphone before doing actual ports. The good side about it in this case is that at least they're much closer to the orignal.
On the other hand, they're still definitely not the real deal

SuperPang

Quote from: Kewing on July 17, 2010, 06:03:20 PM
It is funny how they're recovering this annoying trend of porting to cellphone before doing actual ports.

I'm glad someone else noticed they've been doing this for 7 YEARS. That thread at shmups made me want to bang my head on the desk. "Oh noes, DFK iz on iPhone instead of Xbox. iPhone sux". As if it would affect any plans Cave had for a true port. Also, people should play Espgaluda II iPhone before slating it, its rather excellent. I would speculate the only thing we have learned from this announcement is its quicker to develop for iPhone than Xbox =D

SuperPang

Quote from: Lusche on July 17, 2010, 02:04:22 PM
i dont have 900?+ for the iphone 4 or 600?+ for the iphone 3gs :(

Where the hell do you shop?  :o

Lusche

germany -_-

300? + 2year contract a25? for iphone4 16gb
200? + 2year contract a25? for iphone 3gs 8gb

this is the cheapiest route ... we only have one carrier who are offering the iphone (t-mobile) ... damn monopoly

or the prices without contract are as stated :(

SuperPang

Thats nuts. ?499 for pay as you go here. Silly money for a phone but at least youre not tied to ?X a month.

Lusche

the unlucky thing is i already have an iphone 3g non s modell ...
i dont know who i should hate more ... apple or cave ...

pavelk

Quote from: Lusche on July 18, 2010, 08:19:24 AM
You can buy ipod touch 3rd generation (16 or 32 MB only! 8 MB is 2nd gen hardware).

brentsg

Quote from: Lusche on July 18, 2010, 08:19:24 AM

Probably yourself.

The game requires better hardware than the 3G.  You are the one using an old phone.

Kewing

Quote from: SuperPang on July 18, 2010, 07:48:05 AM
Quote from: Kewing on July 17, 2010, 06:03:20 PM
It is funny how they're recovering this annoying trend of porting to cellphone before doing actual ports.

I'm glad someone else noticed they've been doing this for 7 YEARS. That thread at shmups made me want to bang my head on the desk. "Oh noes, DFK iz on iPhone instead of Xbox. iPhone sux". As if it would affect any plans Cave had for a true port. Also, people should play Espgaluda II iPhone before slating it, its rather excellent. I would speculate the only thing we have learned from this announcement is its quicker to develop for iPhone than Xbox =D

Yeah, personally, in this case it isn't that annoying; the iphone ports are of already released (or soon to be released I hope) games, they're more on par with the originals and they're more accessible (worldwide distribution compared to the old cell phone ports which could only be played with japanese mobiles through a japanese service provider IIRC). However it's still not accessible enough (hundreds of dollars + 1+ year contracts for an iphone in most places).

bcass

You know you can play these games on the iPod Touch, right?  You don't need to spend anywhere near the amount of money that's been talked about here.

Kewing

Hmm.. you got me there; I had forgotten about it. Yeah, that is much more plausible option.

MX7

New english language trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm9cOiydk3w

Looks as feature packed as the recent console ports. New soundtrack sounds promising: I was never fond of vanilla Daifukkatsu's OST.

emphatic

Wow, 360 rotating hypers AND hardstyle soundtrack. I'm starting to feel happy I'm on 1st gen iPhone.  :whyioughtta:

MX7

Masa-KING gives a synopsis of the trailer.

I really can't excited about a shooter with touch screen controls, no matter how much SLAUGHTER and MENACE they pack into it.

CastorKrieg

Quote from: emphatic on August 09, 2010, 06:36:38 AM
Wow, 360 rotating hypers AND hardstyle soundtrack. I'm starting to feel happy I'm on 1st gen iPhone.  :whyioughtta:

Why so much hate? Trying to rationalize spending hundreds of USD on J-360 just to play a couple of games?

I have Espgaluda II and Mushihimesama on my X360, but I will never buy a system just for a few unique games + no warranty outside Japan. I have iPhone and Espgaluda II looks and plays godly, I cannot wait for that.

I'm pretty sure CAVE is very happy with iPhone - sure it costs 9USD, not 70, but at least more people will buy it (unlike their X360 releases which sold, omfg, 20k worldwide). They can popularize SHMUPs outside Japan, and maybe over time the amount of people buying console releases will increase. In today's business environment you cannot really sustain selling SHMUP for 70USD.

I hope next step is to open CAVE Store for Internetional Delivery so I can buy myself some CAVE goods.

@MX7: I don't know if you played Espgaluda II on iPhone, but the controls are perfect, they take 10-15 minutes getting used to and you're golden.

bcass

I think it's gone well beyond the stage of there just being "a few" shmups on the JPN 360.

lmagus