Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu IPHONE version [August 26th, 2010]

Started by KEIKO, July 16, 2010, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lillin

Oh yeah trackballs  :laugh: one thing comes to mind "frustration".

EOJ

Quote from: LRussolo on August 26, 2010, 03:30:33 PM
So if I'm not the biggest fan, or the most knowledgeable person on the subject, I'm ok with that. I don't think that it makes me a moron.

Nobody ever said that makes you a moron! This is getting ridiculous.

Also, I really like sandwiches, so keep that in mind when reading my opinion of the game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

MX7

I still think the new soundtrack sounds pretty cool  ???

CastorKrieg

http://caveworlden.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/dodonpachi-resurrection-1-in-japan-wallpaper-present/

QuoteYou might already know, but we hit #1 on the iTunesStore for top sales on our first day out in Japan!!! #1 baby, my dearest wish has been fulfilled!

I want to thank everyone who has picked the game up, thank you very much.
This is a very gratifying moment for our development staff.

Incidentally, we also hit #1 for sales in Hong Kong and #3 for paid apps, #2 in sales for France and #10 for paid apps, and entered the top 10 for China and America!

My guess is that game is a success on iPhone, and we can expect other games from CAVE. As for complaints about input method - opinion, some people are loving the touch controls.

antares

Quote from: MX7 on August 26, 2010, 04:53:22 PM

I agree. One of the best Cave soundtracks I've ever heard honestly!

EOJ

After many play sessions, much deliberation, and intensive introspection, I have finished my review of the game:

"Not nearly as good as a well-made sandwich, but almost as good as stick of gum!"
My score archive

LRussolo

Quote from: EOJ on August 28, 2010, 09:48:18 PM
After many play sessions, much deliberation, and intensive introspection, I have finished my review of the game:

"Not nearly as good as a well-made sandwich, but almost as good as stick of gum!"

Fruit Stripe!  :righton:

I've been playing a good amount of iPhone Mode, and can get to the Stage 1 Ura Midboss with a x1000 hit count. I need to get the timing better to activate the hyper cannon to milk the lasers. I think my best Stage 1 score is 45million. I'm sure you can achieve well over that but I haven't really been able to figure out how... I like in iPhone Mode how the bees change into S or M and sway the meter. I'm sure they play a big part in scoring well in iPhone Mode for sure. Mushi Futari 1.5 came in the mail today so I haven't devoted any more time to Dodonpachi iPhone.

dorakyura

To be clear from the start: The following strictly represents my own opinion (though I think that this goes without saying for every single post in any forum ;-)

Anyway, I do enjoy Resurrection a lot. Technically it is once again an excellent port easily blowing away anything else on the platform. The only thing I miss in this respect is native iPad support. I?m mainly playing on that device and while the graphics still look good they would just look so much nicer in its native resolution.

Concerning the controls: They?re just fine. Movement is as precise as it could be (with this sort of input) and I?m not having as much trouble with the soft buttons as I did with ESP2. Still, even without having played the real thing yet I don?t think that this is meant to replace a "proper? port in any kind of way (and therefore should not be judged in this way) ? if you get your kicks out of twiddling your sanwa/seimitsu you can save those $5 (and more importantly the >=$200 for the device) and invest it in, say, sandwiches *g*

But before dismissing it give it go (like EOJ did) and see for yourself ? if the controls work for you you will miss loads of fun otherwise.

emphatic

About soft buttons, would it not be even better to introduce "a fast series of taps" for the different buttons? Like "tap screen twice for hyper" and "tap three times for hyper cannon"? The bomb is automatic, no? I only have the first iPhone, so I can't play any of these. I've had the pleasure of trying ESPGALUDA II though (it was OK) but I've never liked "soft buttons" like in most games where digital input is translated to analogue controls.

LRussolo

Quote from: emphatic on August 29, 2010, 12:14:30 PM
About soft buttons, would it not be even better to introduce "a fast series of taps" for the different buttons? Like "tap screen twice for hyper" and "tap three times for hyper cannon"? The bomb is automatic, no? I only have the first iPhone, so I can't play any of these. I've had the pleasure of trying ESPGALUDA II though (it was OK) but I've never liked "soft buttons" like in most games where digital input is translated to analogue controls.

I really like that idea. Having a mixture of soft buttons and double-taps, triple taps would alleviate some of the frustration caused by sometimes unresponsive buttons. I find in ESPGALUDA 2 I can't tap Awakening to exit, then tap again quickly to reenter Awakening (in iPhone Mode to suck in Spirit Gems to refill the multiplier). There's a slight delay and if I tap too soon my input will be neglected altogether. Haven't had a bunch of problems, but that is the most annoying.

dorakyura

Seconded. A sightly different approach would be to detect the number of fingers touching the screen instead of multiple taps. I would like to try both :-)

BTW: My problems with soft buttons returned and I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing similar behaviour (I noticed this playing on an iPad): On several occasions tapping the soft button to change from laser to shot did not work while my index finger was moving the ship at the same time. Releasing the index finger seems to make it work ... not exactly what I would call ?multi-touch? ;-)

EOJ

My score archive

sh00g

Quote from: dorakyura on August 29, 2010, 01:23:56 PM

Seconded. A sightly different approach would be to detect the number of fingers touching the screen instead of multiple taps. I would like to try both :-)

BTW: My problems with soft buttons returned and I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing similar behaviour (I noticed this playing on an iPad): On several occasions tapping the soft button to change from laser to shot did not work while my index finger was moving the ship at the same time. Releasing the index finger seems to make it work ... not exactly what I would call ?multi-touch? ;-)

Yep, pretty much game breaking right there. I get into a jam and need to hit hyper. Oops autobomb derp.

Their twitter says that they are working on a patch to fix the unresponsiveness plus some other bullshit unlocks, whatever that means.

Danza

Quote from: antares on August 27, 2010, 09:23:53 AM
Quote from: MX7 on August 26, 2010, 04:53:22 PM

I like it as well.

Has anyone found out what this ????? is yet?

dmauro

Definitely looking forward to that patch. I like the S&M arrange mode, but these controls are really driving me crazy. Even better would be if they included this arrange mode in the 360 port.

ookitarepanda

Danza

I haven't seen it yet, according to a google-search, when you clear Ura loop on iPhone mode Hibachi is playable in iPhone mode only.

sh00g

Check these two links out.

All info seems to lead back to a user from toucharcade (2nd link).

Bee information / hidden route:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404955&page=6

Info on Hibachi:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1283613&postcount=266

EOJ

That's super easy, for the Ura loop (iphone mode) you just have to collect 45 bees and 1CC it, you don't have to 1CC it with the conditions of only losing 1 life and using a max of 2 bombs, like on the PCB. If I ever wanted to play this again, I'd definitely try for that. Unfortunately, there's too much gum in this world for me to chew. I must spend my time in the best way possible, after all.
My score archive

skykid

Quote from: antares

Really?  :P

Quote from: LRussolo on August 26, 2010, 03:30:33 PM

But I for one feel that this title, and ESPGaluda 2 (especially the added gamplay modes) are well worth the $5. Now you can take that anyway you want. I'm not versed in all things Cave or danmaku. I've played my share of Cave titles but probably not to the extent that you or others have. So if I'm not the biggest fan, or the most knowledgeable person on the subject, I'm ok with that. I don't think that it makes me a moron.

I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in Cave gaming, and I reckon they're fantastic little handheld titles. ESP2 in particular is extremely playable and loads of fun, the touchscreen just takes some adjusting to. Once you start heading for scores though, it's plenty fun.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

antares

Quote from: skykid on September 09, 2010, 05:07:03 PM

Really?  :P

OK, after hearing it more often now I'd say it's very good and better than DFKs standard OST. But the best ones for me are still Espgaluda, Espgaluda Arrange, DOJ BL and Deathsmiles.

Edit: Oh, and let's not forget Mushi Futari. That one's awesome too.

The worst are Deathsmiles II and Mushihesama imo.

Jockel

learn 2 stage 4

skykid

I cannot for the life of me figure out what alien effect is taking place when people are listening to the Mushihimesama soundtrack.  :P

Does no-one actually recognise that it's altogether less clumsy and more defined than Futari, but stage 4 is probably the best track Namiki has ever done for Cave and beats anything on the Futari OST, including stage 5.  ???
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

StarCreator

I'm totally with skykid as far as the original Mushihimesama soundtrack goes - I can't say I dislike Futari's soundtrack, but I'd take the first game's over it any day.

dorakyura

"Patch" is out. Updating right now. I really hope they nailed that responsiveness issue.

sh00g

Power style is finally playable. Made it to stage 5 on hard.

njiska

Quote from: dorakyura on September 14, 2010, 03:41:15 PM
"Patch" is out. Updating right now. I really hope they nailed that responsiveness issue.

Perfect timing, hopefully picking up an iPod Touch this Friday.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Shalashaska

Tried the new patch in 2 games (arcade and i-phone mode). Whenever I got a hyper my ship would become unresponsive and just sit there until I tapped around like crazy. Bring on patch #3?  :whyioughtta:

LRussolo

Quote from: Shalashaska on September 15, 2010, 12:01:32 AM
Tried the new patch in 2 games (arcade and i-phone mode). Whenever I got a hyper my ship would become unresponsive and just sit there until I tapped around like crazy. Bring on patch #3?  :whyioughtta:

It's interesting to read responses like this since I've yet to experience a problem with any of the Cave iPhone ports. I was using a 3GS and then upgraded to a iPhone 4. Always gonna be those odd bugs and glitches. I'm just glad I've been able to play the games with no problems. Hopefully they fix any ongoing issues ASAP.

Danza

I haven't had the unresponsive ship issue at all.

Outside of that issue, the buttons are far easier to work with and the "spin-spin" is a lot smoother as well.