Main Menu

Radirgy Noa MASSIVE [JP X360]

Started by EOJ, July 23, 2010, 02:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

New version of Radirgy Noa for the X360. Looks like Milestone is finally moving on from the Wii. Filler website:

http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/radinoa/radinoams_top.html

That site doesn't list the platform, but milestone's main page does.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

CHR_AeON

About time...
Hope they include their previous games in this MASSIVE version...

twoup

I know it's a pathetic thing to say but while playing the milestone games on Wii I kept thinking about what It'd be like to have achievements, seimitsu stick etc so I guess I'll be picking this up on 360 as well. I was hoping for a compilation but I'll take whatever comes.

EOJ

I bet this will include at least one other Milestone game, and maybe ALL of them (hence the title "MASSIVE"). They have a tendency to toss in other, older games with the release of new ports.
My score archive

twoup

It seems the game's flying solo with a few new modes. I was expecting some old games as well but I'm still up for it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/06/radio-allergy-noir-massive-shooting-for-xbox-360-release/

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Official page is up:

http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/radinoa/radinoams_top.html

I have this preordered for some weird reason. I'll give it a try.
My score archive

EOJ

There is a playable kiosk with this game at the Famicom Mario Shop in Tokyo:

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/mario/

A couple small screenshots of the game are on that page as well.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Did anyone buy this? If so, how is it? I'm a bit curious, but it's a pricey bastard, and I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on November 15, 2010, 10:13:38 PM
Did anyone buy this? If so, how is it? I'm a bit curious, but it's a pricey bastard, and I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

I bought it, but honestly I popped it in for like 10 minutes.  I haven't played any of the Radirgy games so I wasn't really sure what I was doing.

I did grab the Radirgy INH superplay the other day, so maybe if I watch this I'll understand.  I can toss this in URA Loop if anyone cares.

antares

It has the typical Milestone gameplay, shot button, sword and rechargeable shield. Basically you try to up your multiplier to x16 then charge your sword and destroy enemies to get x32. It requires very accurate timing and is very difficult to perform at the bosses with so much going on on the screen.

The last Milestone game I played was Karous on the DC and I liked that one much better from the visual style and gameplay wise. Radirgy Noa doesn't have the flow of Karous, personally I don't think it is worth the full price.

Danza

I am seriously finding it difficult to take down the boss that appears at stage 1, 3, etc.

I'm really enjoying the game though. I am pretty dreadful at it so far, but I'm having a lot of fun. The Massive and Death modes are fun when I have a few buddies around for drinks and we want to compete with each other too. Of course, that isn't taking it too seriously, but still it is good.

I still don't know about the scoring system. I'm sure I've seen someone else before say, it sort of breaks the pace of the game, and I agree with this. It is still fun and a good challenge, but yeah.

EOJ

I couldn't resist, I'm just too curious about the game. Finally ordered it, and I'm looking forward to it.  :)
My score archive

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on November 18, 2010, 09:24:04 PM
I couldn't resist, I'm just too curious about the game. Finally ordered it, and I'm looking forward to it.  :)

awesome. I'd be grateful to read your review of it one day.
KAROUS was indeed a really cool game by Milestone.
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

EOJ

Just got it today. First impressions after an hour of play is that it's a pretty awesome package. I never cared for any Milestone games before, but I like Noa's scoring system a lot, the graphics are so much crisper and clearer than the Wii version (which looks quite horrible in comparison), and all the extra modes provide a lot of fun. I paid $79 shipped for it brand new, and I have no regrets. I love the menu music too. :)

Am I correct in assuming there are no online replays? If so, that's a bummer.
My score archive

twoup

I had this pre-ordered, but went with SAL shipping and it didn't turn up 'till yesterday. It really does look much better then the Wii version but I didn't play heaps of that and still have trouble telling what's going on in a few really messy spots, plus the grey ship blends into the background a little bit. It's a shame there's no option to turn the sound effects down but that's an omission in every milestone port so I wasn't expecting it. Pretty enjoyable game anyway, I liked the massive/death modes but not so sure about classic, it's nice to have a shorter game but I like charging the sword and the music in the between-stage boss encounters is some of the best.

Does anyone know how it sold? IIRC I didn't even see it in the top 50 which is a bit sad. I'd really like to see Karous and especially Illvelo (the only milestone title with a good/clear looking ship imo) on 360 with crisp graphics and extras.

EOJ

Looks like it only sold a couple thousand, which is on par with Milestone's other releases. I don't think they've sold anything more than 4k~5k each, but I could be wrong.

My score archive

EOJ

Wow, I've played this some more, and I'm really impressed. The later stages remind me a lot of Pink Sweets, especially the bosses! Instadeath lasers, bullet patterns, etc have a similar feel. This has taken over Strike Witches as the best non-Cave shooter on the X360 for me. :righton:

I'm hoping Milestone makes some other games for the X360.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

antares

I played this game some more and you are right EOJ, it's really good. I just needed to get used to it. Shame the leaderboards don't have a friends filter as I'd like to see their scores.

twoup

I've been playing this a bit lately and I really like expand mode despite the chaos field sized ship, the sword is so big it makes the game a whole lot easier as does the slower movement of the ship. If I'd have known about this earlier I probably would have put more time into the Wii version. I've only got some of the higher scoring achievements left and the one involving the death of that recurring boss (who I've beaten in the Wii version before so that shouldn't be too difficult) so I'll probably fit a session or two in between games of DDPDFK.

EOJ

Looks like an icon pack is now available for purchase on xbox live for 160MS points:

http://twitpic.com/3g3xz6

I'd be really surprised if they sell over 10 of these!

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

fuse

Speaking as another writer on the staff there (I did the Guwange review), cheers for the link :)

antares

I finally 1cc'd Arcade mode today :D and I'm now 16th in the arcade leaderboard and 10th in the expand lb.
Next I'll try to put up a decent score in classic mode.