New Cave history book coming soon

Started by EOJ, July 29, 2010, 09:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1237955_1124.html

Will be released on 8/14 at the Cave festival for 5000 yen. It's 230 pages, and includes background info, developer notes, and so on about all 26 titles Cave has released in the Arcades.

I WANT THIS!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kewing

Quote from: EOJ on July 29, 2010, 09:35:07 AM
I WANT THIS!

+10^10. Seriously.

(It's kind of expensive, isn't it? I guess it will be well worth it)

MX7

It's expensive, but it's still going to be very hard to resist the urge to buy this :D

SuperPang

Hopefully it'll be a quality hardback with lots of artwork. Long overdue IMO.

markedkiller78

More pictures and less text, that's what I need :)

ookitarepanda

Maybe the response to that one Arcadia with the Cave history was good enough that they decided to print their own book?

Anyway, if I had access to this I would be all up ons. Of course I have to be the first to say, as expected from one of us, that maybe now that Cave is doing some int'l stuff that they might print an English version...... Yeah right  :laugh:

Shalashaska

Should I break out my knee pads GP? Where does the line start?

PsychoDiver

I want this book. I will pay for the book and a little extra for anyone willing to grab it for me. PM me if interested.

Monouchi

Quote from: PsychoDiver on July 29, 2010, 07:21:20 PM
I want this book. I will pay for the book and a little extra for anyone willing to grab it for me. PM me if interested.

Me too for sure, this is pure gold.

twoup

Looks great although I've already spent $65 on a 200 page book with a lot of pictures recently, that's the nature of cult things though.

GaijinPunch

Just hoping it's got some nice tidbits in it we've never got before.  No time to translate these days.  Maybe adverse will quit being a huge vagina and put something else out.

Kaneda

With this and the 2-for-1 superplay DVD, I'm definitely going to this one. If they allow more than one sold per customer I'll try to grab a spare copy or two.

GaijinPunch

I think they are 3-per, and my alotment of DVDs & books are taken... and then some. :/ 
I will probably only keep the book.

Maybe you could translate a bit out of it?  Hmm?    :righton:

What time are you going to go?  I might have a few beers in my office in Roppongi and walk down there about 3AM or so... that'll be a 2 hour queue and should be only about halfway through the line.  5AM (first train) is when all the fisting starts.

Monouchi

Quote from: Kaneda on August 01, 2010, 09:19:17 AM
With this and the 2-for-1 superplay DVD, I'm definitely going to this one. If they allow more than one sold per customer I'll try to grab a spare copy or two.

Im in for a book if you can get one extra.  :)

Kaneda

Quote from: GaijinPunch on August 02, 2010, 12:05:33 AM
I think they are 3-per, and my alotment of DVDs & books are taken... and then some. :/ 
I will probably only keep the book.

Maybe you could translate a bit out of it?  Hmm?    :righton:

What time are you going to go?  I might have a few beers in my office in Roppongi and walk down there about 3AM or so... that'll be a 2 hour queue and should be only about halfway through the line.  5AM (first train) is when all the fisting starts.

I'm going to be staying in Iogi which is on the Seibu Shinjuku line, so I'm gonna have to go by train. I'm thinking around 8 or 9 I'll leave and get there before 10. I don't care about waiting in line as long as I get a copy.

If there's anything particularly interesting in the book I'd be happy to have a crack at the translating.

And if I can, I'll buy a few copies of the book if there are a couple people here that need one.

EOJ

The owner of this site still needs to source one, and will pay a good price.  =D
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kaneda

Looks like EOJ and monouchi get first dibs if I'm able to get a couple extra.

Plasmo

Would be awesome, if you could get me a superplay DVD (the new one with the BL games).
Who else is going there/Whom else could I molest?

Kaneda

Monouchi

Quote from: Kaneda on August 02, 2010, 08:00:56 AM
Looks like EOJ and monouchi get first dibs if I'm able to get a couple extra.

:righton:

KOMA

If this is the cave market thread,i want badly the Futari BL/DS MBL superplay DVD and Cave history book.
PM folks if you have somes!Thx!  =D

cstarflare

If there are any leftovers, I'd love one of the Futari/Deathsmiles Black Label DVDs.

zombiz

Same as Koma :)
I'm interested in the Futari BL/DS MBL superplay DVD and Cave history book.

Feel free to PM me if you have some leftovers... Thanks !

Kaneda

Now I'm starting to think I should camp out for this. :-\

Feel like pulling an all-nighter with me, GP?

brentsg

Quote from: Kaneda on August 02, 2010, 08:19:54 PM
Now I'm starting to think I should camp out for this. :-\

Feel like pulling an all-nighter with me, GP?

Let me be the first to say, yes he does.   :laugh:

GaijinPunch

Well, I'm still on the fence on exactly when I'll go.  Last time I paid someone to queue for me.  But, economy is making me feel the pinch now.  Now, w/ that being said, they've done a great job of making sure the new stuff has plenty of stock.  But of course, it'd just be my luck that they sell out of the one thing I want.

The upside of the camp out is you can literally be done by noon and go home.  Otherwise, you're there all day.  Also, rain aside, it's not so bad in the summer.  Nights are kind of cool... but that last hour is rather brutal.

lmagus

My contact in Japan said he'll be busy on that same day selling his stuff on the comiket so he can't get me this book..

Well if there's anyone who's willing to ship to Brasil, I can send the money via paypal whenever.

Tesuman

If there's room for another, hit me up.

I live IN Japan, but will not be back until September (beyond me, of course).

GaijinPunch

EOJ has better eyes than me. 

Out of my total service of being the biggest loser gaijin in Tokyo, I made the book.

skykid

Quote from: GaijinPunch on November 14, 2010, 09:50:22 AM
EOJ has better eyes than me. 

Out of my total service of being the biggest loser gaijin in Tokyo, I made the book.

Yeah, you must be that one gaijin that the Cave guys always recognise at the matsuri's. They're probably trash talking about you man.

Well done on making the book though, I should've asked you to sign my copy.  :)
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away