The "what NON-Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, August 01, 2010, 09:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medal

My Strikers 1999  board came Saturday, so I've played that a bit. Haven't yet gotten past the 1-7 boss or broken 846,300 >_> Highest medal chain is 29.

thestreetzking

got my n64 goldeneye 007 in the mail!!! and super ghouls and ghosts for GBA so I can play it on my ds

NR777

Demon's Souls.  I'm really appreciating how damn hard this game is.  Currently about halfway through my first playthrough.

Dude

charlienash87

kof2002UM on 360. so glad they revamped and tweaked this game. really glad they loosened the moves a little. double half circles use to be really hard in this game for some reason. now it feels perfect. nice to see a lot of these characters again (vice, shermie, yamazaki, etc)
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

brentsg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Trick:_Phantom_Detective

Anyone else excited about this game?  Mine shipped from Amazon yesterday so it should be here today or tomorrow.  Can't wait!

Woo, just got this! 

Also got the soundtrack via MP3.  I'll share if I can figure out easy hosting.

ssfsx17

Fate of the World: http://www.fateoftheworld.net/

Turn-based strategy game about trying to stop global warming and all that jazz. Incredibly difficult - either the whole world melts down, or everyone starves to death, or something. Some people on the Steam forums claim to have beaten its beta scenario (oil suddenly ceases to exist).

Slingshot

Quote from: NR777 on December 27, 2010, 06:03:32 PM
Demon's Souls.  I'm really appreciating how damn hard this game is.  Currently about halfway through my first playthrough.

I absolutely love Demon souls, fing awesome ps3 exclusive. Lately i've been playing monster hunter freedom unite at work, games hard as balls.

HVL

Been playing Bulletstorm for the past few days. I'm not a fan of first person shooters at all but it's really fun with the exaggrerated weapons, dialog and skillshots. :righton:

ave

Soldier Blade and Kyuukyoku Tiger on the PC-Engine. I've already cleared Kyuukyoku Tiger, but I'm eager to get 3 million points so it's not over yet. Soldier Blade seems pretty solid with lovely BGM, a tad easy maybe and I liked Super Star Soldier's space atmosphere a bit better.
東亜プラン4ライフ

cstarflare

I've been playing Mega Man X2 recently. Trying to get a 100% run in less than an hour; I keep getting very close but I always do something absurdly stupid and lose it.

Never really done speedrunning but I'm having fun with this little challenge. It's also reignited my fondness for Mega Man games - I might have to scrounge up a copy of Rockman and Forte; I've never played it.

Killer French Bread

Downloaded Qix++ from Xbox Live. It's nice when you get the DLC for it, otherwise I think you actually get less than half of the game. It's more like that Volified game on the Mega Drive than Qix though, as you have to surround boxes to get the points and power ups. They got rid of the two speeds from Qix too (going slow gave you more points), so it's a bit of a step back in some way. At least they added pretty butterflies.

Van_Artic

i just got the Streets of Rage remake; it's a fanmade project lasted 8 years, and got released yesterday
too bad Sega is a bunch of assholes and blocked the project (it's complete though, and it's a very good game)

insigniadeck

EOJ

Yeah, Lost Odyssey was pretty great. I wish they'd make more games like that.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bitkid

Just bought my copy of Portal 2 and played through about 15 of the test chambers tonight. This game feels so much more thrilling than the first one and I'm only about an hour and a half into it. So far the new mechanics I've seen are the light bridges, the jump pads, and the laser bending cubes. I've heard there are some crazy gels you can spray on stuff to alter the surfaces in ways that give you more momentum or let you bounce things off of the walls.

supabok

Just got my copy of Mortal Kombat yesterday from play-asia! Loving the whole package as there's so much content to keep one busy!
Not to mention the combo system which lets you pull off some pretty major damage once you get the timing down!
Plus being able to do some of the old school combos from MK2 makes this game that much sweeter!

emphatic

Hacha Mecha Fighter by NMK. My God this game rocks!  :righton: I've got 7.8 million so far and made it to stage 5 or 6 (can't remember, but it's at night, at sea and insane).  :laugh:

cstarflare

Been playing Fallout: New Vegas for about 15 hours. Haven't run into any bugs yet, which is just swell. Fallout 3 is really boring to me now, but for some reason NV is a lot of fun.

HVL

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer. I purchased it on Steam Summer Sale and I've clocked almost 20 hours in the few days I've had it.

charlienash87

having my annual perfect dark fix if anyone's interested in some co-op or combat simulator battles. i'm not talking about Zero, that game sucks. the n64 xbla version. this is the one and only fps i can still tolerate.

also been playing me some EDF. why is this stupid game so much stupid fun :o
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

thestreetzking

been playing dead island like crazy. this game is awesome!

jyumi

Gave in and purchased Bayonetta for 20$. This game has some serious class.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

ookitarepanda

Quote from: jyumi on November 25, 2011, 12:16:23 AM
Gave in and purchased Bayonetta for 20$. This game has some serious class.

Yesssssssssssss, the only game that I got 100% trophies/achievements on two systems. That's how much I love Bayo

HVL

ssfsx17

Finished all the routes for the free version of Hatoful Boyfriend

Now working on Mirror's Edge, which is an absolutely brilliant game.

EOJ

I'm playing Ni no Kuni II on my PS4. I've played about 4 hours and I'm really enjoying it. The first game was great on the PS3. This is a bit different, but so far equally fun. It is very fast-paced, and reminds me a lot of Secret of Mana in its simple story and battle system.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

tjb

I'm still buying IIDX, in fact 2 years ago I bought a cabinet.

AAA'ed Quell [a] about a month or two ago so it's been going well.

dan76

Picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for £12. Only played for a couple of hours but so far it's satisfying that single player tps itch. A ton of stuff to scavenge and craft, simple puzzles to progress so far and head shots go with a pop so there's a good balance of stuff.

Shame there are so many cut scenes that keep getting in the way of gameplay. Triple A gaming... It's good to have a break from TLOU multiplayer every now and then.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

wasilewski

I got Prehistoric Isle 2 for Nintendo Switch and have only played it a few times.  It's a lot of fun and the pre-rendered graphics are quite impressive and I imagine they would have been even more impressive around 1999, which is when the game came out.