Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croikle

inb4 horribly messed-up slowdown

This is pretty sweet news.

EOJ

I just thought of something:

Pink Sweets should have leaderboard replays to download. YOS.K has the WR in Pink Sweets. YOS.K plays the X360 ports quite a lot, appearing on many of the leaderboards.

YOS.K  :o
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

cstarflare

holy shit we might actually have access to decent pink sweets replays

even more exciting

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on August 14, 2010, 08:36:48 PMPink Sweets should have leaderboard replays to download. YOS.K has the WR in Pink Sweets. YOS.K plays the X360 ports quite a lot, appearing on many of the leaderboards.

Let's hope CAVE forces you to upload replays for it then and not make it optional.

markedkiller78

Although I'll sound like a bitchy kid, I hope they include some fake scanlinen options (since we aren't getting HD visuals)

Good on cave. This is real fan service. I now await the DDP2
Beestorm port :lol:

neomoe

Not to sound bad or anything...but now that we know Cave are willing to dig deep into their catalog and make "combo packs"...I kinda wish they had done that w/ Guwange instead of making it an xbla release. 

A Guwange + Esprade combo pack would have been cool.

HVL

Quote from: neomoe on August 15, 2010, 10:57:52 AM
Not to sound bad or anything...but now that we know Cave are willing to dig deep into their catalog and make "combo packs"...I kinda wish they had done that w/ Guwange instead of making it an xbla release. 

A Guwange + Esprade combo pack would have been cool.

MMP and PS are from 2006-2007, neither of the games you listed are from the 2000s. I think that's the reason for a retail release.

lillin

idc

Bet it will be region locked to NTSC-J.

Then USA will see a port a year later, but no love for European Cave fans. :(
idc

EOJ

My score archive

Dave_K.

I wonder if they will put in an autofire B feature for the Pink Sweets port. I know DEL says he can get rank up high enough by stage 3 without autofire, but with it built in as a feature, could further validate infinite lives as a scoring strategy.

EOJ

They better include that, or at the very least let us map multiple buttons to the same input (then just use a stick with rapid fire).

My score archive

Tesuman

TOMOMEDA!!

BOMBAA! BOMBAA!! BOMBAA!! BOMBA!!

Sorry...my expression for excitement.

Strider77

I'm glad to see these getting ports....  but I am kinda bummed that they won't have the HD overhalls. I wonder why they decided not to? I always assumed that they all ready had the assets.

cstarflare

It might have less to do with the issue of HDing the graphics and more with the fact that they (kind of) necessitate an extra mode that needs to be coded and tested.

EOJ

I just don't think they have the time, and/or money to do both games in HD, so they're just going to focus on the extra modes and porting the arcade games. I'm sure they don't expect this release to sell as much as their more popular games like Deathsmiles or Futari, which is why we should be pretty thankful they're doing it at all.

Would you rather have MMP in HD as a standalone release or Pink Sweets and MMP together, but no HD for either? They probably mulled that question over and went with the latter to please their fans, and get the most bang for their buck.
My score archive

Strider77

I guess to be more specific...   why would it take more work or cost more money to have the HD visuals. It has to be ported one way or the other, I figured they all ready had the foreground sprite work in HD since the beginning of the PCB. So during the porting process I would assume it would be just a matter of picking sprite A (lowres/upscaled) or sprite B (hi-res).

This makes it seem as if they did not have all these assets all ready in HD and had to re-render, re-work and tweak alot more than i had assumed for the other 360 ports.

Then again I guess the regular non HD arcade modes on the other SH3 ports could have just been emulated, while the 360 HD modes were recodes from scratch to a degree?

Oh well....    I would have liked to see MMP in hi-res. M2 is NOT handling these are they?

GaijinPunch

The games just look so awful in arcade mode though.  Not sure if I will support this one.

EOJ

Quote from: Strider77 on August 16, 2010, 04:57:36 AM

Then again I guess the regular non HD arcade modes on the other SH3 ports could have just been emulated

Nope. There is no emulation used in any Cave port released thus far on the X360. All are ported, which is why there are slowdown/speed differences in many of them.
My score archive

lam47

Ketsui looked fine on my LCD. I have no complaints here!
So happy to see MMP getting a release after all EOJ's praise for the game.
Pink sweets is a bonus. I would have rather seen Kuro but who knows? Its looking good for cave fans :)

lmagus

That's what I was gonna say

As long as it looks like Ketsui/DOJ, it's fine to me.

NR777

This is seriously boner inducing news.  Love it!  I may actually have to get a J360 soon for this.

EOJ

I added a poll to the first post. I'm curious if more people are buying this mainly for Pink Sweets or Muchi Muchi Pork. Vote and let me know!
My score archive

Plasmo

Easy poll for me. Pink Sweets all the way. Haven't tried and thus haven't fallen in love with MMP yet. It's probably equally awesome though.

Lusche

Buying it because its a Cave game ...
I dont like/hate Yagawa games :'(

but if i have to choose ... ps looks more interesting (not gameplay but art/character design)

antares

I played MMP a few times and think it's the best Cave / Yagawa game. Very happy this gets a port :)

As for Pink Sweets - I hope it will get an Arrange Mode that is actually playable ;)

Icarus

I sold both my kits a few months ago to fund bills and a new Macbook Pro, so the news of both of them coming to the 360 has been quite pleasant indeed. Hope they get decent, accurate ports, as more people need to experience these awesome games.

As for the poll, no "buying for both games" option? :P

emphatic

I've never played Pink Sweets, so while it's supposedly hard as kryptonite nails, I see myself playing it extensively. Muchi Muchi Pork never clicked with me, but last time I played it it was much more fun then I could remember. Really stoked for the arrange modes as well. I'm so glad I went straight for a J-360!

cstarflare

I'm more excited for Pink Sweets, but I'm expecting to play Pork a lot more.