Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I changed the title of the thread, as the official name of the game is Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets, not Pink Sweets & Muchi Muchi Pork.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lmagus

Not only Play-Asia, as informed in the main page, but AmiAmi is also taking pre-orders with a much better price:

Regular Edition: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-X36-0751&template=default/product/e_display.html
5840 Yen = U$69,70

Limited Edition: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-X36-0752&template=default/product/e_display.html
7550 Yen = U$90,12

As oposed to U$79,90 for RE and U$119,90 for the LE at Play-Asia

I've already pre-ordered my RE from AmiAmi :)

brentsg

Asada has announced that Cave is considering a region-free release for the MMP/PS combo pack.  I've split the region-free discussion to a separate thread.  Please feel free to discuss this exciting topic on that post.  Let's keep this thread free of the discussion, please.

The point is to allow this thread to remain a long-standing (and clutter free) reference for the game.  Note that the region-free thread will be locked after Asada announces his decision.

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1124.0

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: lmagus on December 01, 2010, 08:57:06 AM
Not only Play-Asia, as informed in the main page, but AmiAmi is also taking pre-orders with a much better price:

Regular Edition: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-X36-0751&template=default/product/e_display.html
5840 Yen = U$69,70

Limited Edition: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-X36-0752&template=default/product/e_display.html
7550 Yen = U$90,12

As oposed to U$79,90 for RE and U$119,90 for the LE at Play-Asia

I've already pre-ordered my RE from AmiAmi :)

I'm trying to decide which site to pre-order from, Play-Asia or AmiAmi. I've used Play-Asia in the past without any problems, but feel it'd be stupid to pass up the cheaper price. Is AmiAmi a credible retailer, anyone with experience ordering from them? Any answers are much appreciated! So excited for MMP/PS now that it's region-free!

HVL

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on December 07, 2010, 04:08:02 AM
I'm trying to decide which site to pre-order from, Play-Asia or AmiAmi. I've used Play-Asia in the past without any problems, but feel it'd be stupid to pass up the cheaper price. Is AmiAmi a credible retailer, anyone with experience ordering from them? Any answers are much appreciated! So excited for MMP/PS now that it's region-free!

AmiAmi is very reputable, I've used them extensively without a single problem.

I updated this thread's title to reflect Asada's decision to make this RF.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: HVL on December 07, 2010, 05:06:14 AM

AmiAmi is very reputable, I've used them extensively without a single problem.

Thanks for the reply HVL. I'm not quite sure how they handle payment. After perusing the FAQ it seems that you receive an e-mail when they're ready to receive payment on a preorder? Looks like I'll be finding out. I watched the promo video 3 times now, gotta shake this excitement and get some sleep!

twoup

Yeah AmiAmi are good. Just make sure you're ready for their payment request email to avoid a delay since you have to manually go to the paypal site to send payment. I just preordered a 2nd copy of MMP/PS from there since it's region free.

skykid

I'm trying to decide which site to pre-order from, Play-Asia or AmiAmi.

If you're in the UK, don't order from AmiAmi.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

moozooh

<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: skykid on December 07, 2010, 07:56:12 AM
I'm trying to decide which site to pre-order from, Play-Asia or AmiAmi.

If you're in the UK, don't order from AmiAmi.

I'm from the US, New England area. I already put the preorder in, and since all AmiAmi orders are "irrevocable" there's no turning back  :P .

njiska

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on December 07, 2010, 08:13:46 AM
I'm from the US, New England area. I already put the preorder in, and since all AmiAmi orders are "irrevocable" there's no turning back  :P .

Irrevocable? Hmmm, think that's one more reason for me to stick with HMV. Though they don't appear to have a pre-order up yet.

Seriously, HMV.co.jp ships worldwide, charges a fair rate on EMS, processes credit cards directly, has an English UI and support staff and discounts titles slightly. Why do I appear to be the only one that uses them?
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Sapz

Quote from: moozooh on December 07, 2010, 08:09:51 AM
Why?
It seems it takes a while to get things from them to here, if my experience is any indication. Ordered DFK from them, it hasn't arrived yet (though I suppose this could just be customs nonsense). :whyioughtta:

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: njiska on December 07, 2010, 08:19:59 AM
Quote from: TheSoundofRed on December 07, 2010, 08:13:46 AM

Irrevocable? Hmmm, think that's one more reason for me to stick with HMV. Though they don't appear to have a pre-order up yet.

Seriously, HMV.co.jp ships worldwide, charges a fair rate on EMS, processes credit cards directly, has an English UI and support staff and discounts titles slightly. Why do I appear to be the only one that uses them?

Hmmm you basically sold me on HMV with that list. I'll definitely check them out for my future import needs.

Oh and the "irrevocable" policy is probably to alleviate international return issues and inventory problems. They mention if it's necessary to cancel you can e-mail them, but if you cancel too often they'll ban you from ordering.

moozooh

Quote from: Sapz on December 07, 2010, 08:28:46 AMIt seems it takes a while to get things from them to here, if my experience is any indication. Ordered DFK from them, it hasn't arrived yet (though I suppose this could just be customs nonsense). :whyioughtta:

You might want to track the parcel by the supplied number then, because in my case the postal plane carrying my DFK and Futari Platinum took off within 24 hours of AmiAmi receiving my payment, which is something I consider damn fast.

(Curiously enough the Russian customs didn't take remotely as much time checking it as the previous time when I ordered DOJBLEX and Ketsui, either. Probably because of all the dolls and gay boys! Surely it must be!)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Sapz

Quote from: moozooh on December 07, 2010, 08:33:44 AM
You might want to track the parcel by the supplied number then, because in my case the postal plane carrying my DFK and Futari Platinum took off within 24 hours of AmiAmi receiving my payment, which is something I consider damn fast.
No can do, I went with unregistered SAL since no-one would be in to sign for it, which I imagine is also slower than the other options like EMS. :P Anywho, I'll stop compaining before I make this more off topic, but I reckon I'll wait and try VGI over AmiAmi for MMP/PS since it's local.

emphatic

Please continue this discussion in the Pre-order updates thread instead before I go all mod on you.

skykid

Quote from: sapz on December 07, 2010, 08:09:51 AM
It seems it takes a while to get things from them to here, if my experience is any indication. Ordered DFK from them, it hasn't arrived yet (though I suppose this could just be customs nonsense). :whyioughtta:

Buying from AmiAmi if you're in the UK is at your own risk - they outright refuse to mark packages as gift or at a value of your choosing. This is their legal right as a trader of course, but at the same time there are a heapload of other similar game traders who automatically mark packages more "reasonably" when coming to the UK.

There's a good chance the reason your DFK is delayed is because it's in customs (especially if you bought the LE) because AmiAmi declared it at full price, so you can expect to get a letter at some point asking you to pay ?20 - ?30 excess on top just to receive the game.

So yeah, if you're in the UK, don't buy from AmiAmi. Ever.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Special World

Started playing Battle Bakraid and decided it's one of the best scrolling shooters of all time.

I am now doubly excited. Can't wait to get down with rank :)

lmagus

NCSX says that only the Limited Edition comes with the DLC for the Festival ver.

"NCS is accepting reservations for a regular edition of the two-pack at JPY6800 or US$80.90 and a limited edition which is packed with a bonus DLC to unlock the Cave Festival version of Pink Sweets and a 2-CD Sountrack for Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets."

so.. do I really have to buy the LE then? x__x

njiska

I'll trust whatever it says on this page - http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/muchi-pink/

From what I gather the portion talking about DLC refers to both. It is not listed in the subsection specifically about the LE. Still, confirmation from a japanese language speaker would be nice.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Special World

EOJ posted a while back that first print runs of both versions would have the DLC card. I'm willing to bet NCSX is just misinformed.

Schrodingers cat

I emailed them yesterday and they wrote back: "Based on the preorder details that were given out by Cave on Friday night of last week, they only mention the DLC card as being included inside every copy of the limited edition of the game."

There's no mention of it not being included in the SE though.  Who knows.

EOJ

Official website says it comes with both the SE and LE. That's a fact. I stated this awhile back here (and here), so I have no idea why you guys are confused about this.

Ncsx.com often messes up these details. Plus they want you to buy their super overpriced LE!
They also screwed up the part about the Cave festival ver - it's a special version of MMP with PS bosses, not a special version of PS.
My score archive

StarCreator

As mentioned above, NCS doesn't explicitly say the SE -doesn't- contain the DLC.  They're just passing on what their suppliers told them.

It's entirely possible their suppliers don't want to make any guarantees, thus NCS can't either.

Daverost

Possibly stupid question, but I haven't had my 360 but for a few days and it's an NA model.

If I were to try redeeming that DLC card, how would I go about doing it? Would I need a JP XBL account? If so, would the DLC be limited to that account or could I play it on all accounts tied to my 360? Anyone know?

I was going to hold off on ordering until a vendor confirms that the finalized print of the SE was region-free (I'm a little nervous about taking the developer's word for it since things can change), but if the DLC card only comes with the first print, I'm considering just taking the risk and pre-ordering.

emphatic

Quote from: Daverost on December 30, 2010, 10:50:32 AMIf I were to try redeeming that DLC card, how would I go about doing it? Would I need a JP XBL account? If so, would the DLC be limited to that account or could I play it on all accounts tied to my 360? Anyone know?

NA Live! account should work fine, just hit the HOME button and go to "redeem code" and enter it. The extra content should be available to all users on the machine, but don't take my word for the last part.  :-*

StarCreator

Quote from: emphatic on December 30, 2010, 11:10:05 AM
NA Live! account should work fine, just hit the HOME button and go to "redeem code" and enter it. The extra content should be available to all users on the machine, but don't take my word for the last part.  :-*

You're correct, the content is usable for all gamertags on the console the content was originally downloaded on.  If you try to take it to another console though, it'll only be usable by the gamertag that downloaded it (and only when signed in to Live).

Pork/Sweets DLC should be available worldwide since it's a region free release (so all marketplaces must carry it).  This doesn't apply to the region locked releases, which required JP gamertags to get the DLC.

Daverost

Perfect. Thanks a bunch, guys.  That was very helpful. Now I need to go get myself a copy lined up.

EOJ

My score archive

NR777

PS arrange seems like it will rely heavily on suiciding to replenish rose hip/hadou stock for scoring purposes.  Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.