Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsflif

Quote from: StarCreator on February 23, 2011, 11:55:24 AM
It's cute, but I'd get tired of it pretty fast; it takes way, way too long to load when moving to the left or right.  Definitely too form over function for me.

Its about 10 seconds.... How often do you switch between the games.

StarCreator

Quote from: ratsflif on February 23, 2011, 02:31:23 PM
Its about 10 seconds.... How often do you switch between the games.

I'm much more concerned about how long it takes to get to one game in the first place.

More games need to have menus as fast as Ketsui EX's.

bcass

Those load times do look slightly intrusive.  Hopefully they'll be reduced when loading from the HDD.

sh00g

Installed on HD.

Swapping over to either game from the main area menu takes about one loop of the loading animation.

Loading up the game itself from their own respective side is roughly the same with pink sweets taking slightly longer.

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on February 23, 2011, 01:36:46 PM
Quote from: sh00g on February 23, 2011, 01:19:17 PM
- Annoyingly have to turn off wide screen mode and adjust manually to get the full screen effect on my crt.

Sounds like Guwange's visual options.  :-\

So this is what to be expected for all of CAVE's low res ports from now on?  :( My point is, does this mean that they consider MMP/PS a "budget" release, like Guwange?  :whyioughtta:

EOJ

Looks like it, and keep in mind this could be the last low res port made by Cave (if/when Dangun comes out, that was made by M2, who uses their own visual options). DFK 1.5/BL didn't even have the option for low res graphics (neither will AKS), as you know.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Dude

Dude

When installed on Hdd loading is 3 seconds off disc its about 10

EOJ

Some guy on 2Ch is claiming ver 1.0 and 1.01 share the same online leaderboard. Someone please tell me he is joking.
My score archive

bcass

Cave have been making so many trivial goofs lately with the ports, I could easily believe that.

EOJ

Some info on Pink Sweets 1.01 from a guy on 2Ch:

-You can now release a rose cracker before it is fully charged - the rose cracker will have a shorter duration than a full charge rose cracker.
-Respawn time after a death is very quick (it is painfully slow in regular Pink Sweets), pretty much the same as Ibara Kuro.
-Enemies die quicker. It feels like a Novice mode.
My score archive

Dude

where the boss battles always translated in PS. If not nice touch.

EOJ

It seems that one thing MMP ver 1.01 changes is the loop requirement - a guy on 2Ch said he died a bunch of times but still entered the loop. It's probably just a 1 credit thing now, rather than a 1 life thing.
My score archive

hipgnosis

So is it confirmed that 1.0 and 1.01 share the same online leaderboards?

EOJ

Two more changes in Pink Sweets 1.01:

-You can have up to 3 rose hips at once (in 1.0, you can only have up to 2)
-Rank raises slower than in 1.0

This actually sounds pretty fun.
My score archive

EOJ

A guy on 2Ch is claiming the infinitive lives trick is NOT in Pink Sweets Arcade mode. He says he got a 1UP with five lives in stock, and nothing happened (it stayed as five lives) - there wasn't even a sound effect for obtaining a 1UP. If this is true I will hate Cave forever...until enough people complain and they patch the trick back in.  ;)

We should remember that the trick doesn't work if you die before obtaining the final 1UP - so if you die once, even if you collect a hit-point based 1UP when you have five lives in stock, the trick won't work on the PCB (it also won't work with score-based extends). I'm not sure if this happened to the guy as he wasn't specific about it.
My score archive

bcass

I can (mercifully) confirm that the screen options aren't as retarded as those found in Guwange (pre or post patch).  There's a Wide option that you can turn on or off that actually works this time without you having to set your 360 to 4:3 in the dash.  When you turn it off, it's oversized (on my widescreen TV) but you can zoom out to get it fitting perfectly.

Unfortunately, the Leaderboards are as retarded as those found in Guwange.  No initials entry, with the local scoreboard containing only the top scores of the person signed-in.

Daverost

Quote from: sh00g on February 23, 2011, 01:19:17 PM
- Had to use my JP account to grab the Matsuri bonus mode.

*Sigh* Well crap. Guess I better go make a JP account then.

sh00g

Did CAVE ever use right stick controls for navigation in any of their other games when looking through leaderboards? I don't seem to recall. Its in here though. Pretty annoying imo.

ratsflif

I have put a few games in on MMP arrange.  I haven't played the game before and haven't read up on the scoring yet for arcade mode but here is what I have so far on arrange:

Your lard attack will slow down the incoming bullets it touches, once you have your meter up to 10000 your lard attack will cause the blue bullets to split into smaller green bullets creating more bullets on screen.  The meter stays at 10000 until you are struck by a bullet causing all the surrounding bullets to cascade into pork?, once you are hit by the bullet causing the cascade, the meter starts to count down to zero.  If you are struck again before it reaches zero the meter will instantly go all the way down putting you back into normal mode.

I can also confirm that this has the wide option as in guwange, so if you are running 640x480 on a crt it will be letterboxed until you turn wide off.  But unlike guwange you are able to resize the menus independently from the game so the menus are not off the screen.  Also when you rotate the game from the main menu all the menus will rotate just like the game, so you dont have to read sideways.

Here are two pics, unfortunately my friends monitor died in his blast so I put an LCD in while waiting for a replacement.  I prefer the smoothing off on this LCD...Sorry cell cam.

Let me know if you want any more specifics on the game.  I know I hate waiting....

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Sapz

Whoa, both look pretty sweet. I think I spy Bakraid-style chaining in PS Arrange, plus rose crackers and minus the dying/bombing part.

Has anyone played the Matsuri version yet?

TheSoundofRed

I love the way MMP Arrange looks. So much stuff on screen. My copy is in transit, just left Tokyo today so hopefully it gets here soon!

Ratsflif, you mentioned bullets slow down when you touch them with the lard attack? Looks like Cave is mashing Guwange and Deathsmiles together. Fun stuff.
Is the only way to start the pork meter decreasing and activate "Pork" mode by getting hit while at 10,000? ( apologies for my ignorance on terms for the numbered gauge and fever type mode  :-X ).

Thanks a lot for the info.

bcass

What is the actual translation of the official title for this release?  Is it Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets or Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets Double Pack?

EOJ

Quote from: bcass on February 24, 2011, 04:45:35 PM
What is the actual translation of the official title for this release?  Is it Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets or Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets Double Pack?

Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets
My score archive

bcass

Thanks.  I'm just tagging the menu themes as they're not on the bundled CDs.

EOJ

I'm reading there are no software rapid fire config options in Pink Sweets, or even something like "rapid A" or "rapid B" (as found in the Deathsmiles ports). Is this true?
My score archive

bcass

EOJ

Dammit. Can you assign one command (like "shot") to more than one button?
My score archive